Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Without question our best academy product in the last 20 years.

Will miss him if I'm honest. The improvement in his finishing from that final away game at Spurs under Puel is extraordinary. 

Thanks for the good times Harvey. Less said about the bad times but I'll watch his career with interest. 

That momentum he was building up in 20/21 before his injury, that goal v Liverpool - thought he'd be an England regular by now, but we produced a top quality player from the academy who will go on to play hundreds more games in the premier league. Completely agree he was our best product from the academy in a generation and maybe some of us took him for granted.

• Like 1

Not sad to see him go. 

I will never forgive him for his misses vs Roma in the first leg, we'd have been comfy in that second leg. That's a bit extreme as he did a lot of good for us but it summed him up for me. Hot and cold, definitely a good player.

Players are just assets and we had a squad of poor assets last season - drain the swamp.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

1 that’s won nothing for 65 years….

Which only finished 3rd due to spending 400m + in 3 windows.

After this window that will be 0.5bn spent

How exactly are they a properly ran club just because they had a oil sugar daddy turn up.

Let's talk now. Presently. Regardless of their investment, the club are putting in place an infrastructure that will be envied. Similar to Man City. Whatever you feel re: oil barons - when they invest, more often than not, they hire the best they possibly can. 

Just like in life, in a usual job, regardless of talent - if the environment is volatile, that can have impact on performance. When you consider Barnes (and Maddison) had very good figures last year at a club better set up for success, they will only get better. Given how we were last season, his numbers are exceptional. 

Its not blasphemy to say at this moment in time Leicester compared to Newcastle is miles apart. 

We need to now buy players with high potential and high resale value.  It's the only way a club like ours can progress.

Seagrave could prove to be a damp squib with any decent prospect picked off and lured away by bigger clubs before we can make any money from them.  This has already happened a few times.

39 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Sad to see him go.

Hope we don't boo him if we play against them.

Probably wishful thinking.

...he will get a fantastic reception when he comes back here, you might get a few who may think they are being clever and give him some stick!!!

His mentality could overwhelm him on the occasion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Let's talk now. Presently. Regardless of their investment, the club are putting in place an infrastructure that will be envied. Similar to Man City. Whatever you feel re: oil barons - when they invest, more often than not, they hire the best they possibly can. 

Just like in life, in a usual job, regardless of talent - if the environment is volatile, that can have impact on performance. When you consider Barnes (and Maddison) had very good figures last year at a club better set up for success, they will only get better. Given how we were last season, his numbers are exceptional. 

Its not blasphemy to say at this moment in time Leicester compared to Newcastle is miles apart. 

Screenshot_20230720_101501_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_129937708399443.jpg

• Haha 1

Good deal considering the circumstances, amazing finisher but offered precious little else and was a passenger in far to many games.

I’m not sure if we’ll invest it well in wingers however. I think he will thrive at Newcastle playing off Isak. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s not blasphemy to say at this moment in time Leicester compared to Newcastle is miles apart. 

Having the most money, enabling you to buy the best doesn’t mean you are well ran or a proper club.

Comparing Leicester with Newcastle or Man City is like comparing apples and pears.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Without question our best academy product in the last 20 years.

Will miss him if I'm honest. The improvement in his finishing from that final away game at Spurs under Puel is extraordinary. 

Thanks for the good times Harvey. Less said about the bad times but I'll watch his career with interest. 

Absolutely 💯 

Best academy product since Heskey. We get a good fee fot him. We rebuild. We move. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Miles apart. We won't catch up to them anytime soon either.

Ah well, we are still the best club to support - Never boring!

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Having the most money, enabling you to buy the best doesn’t mean you are well ran or a proper club.

Comparing Leicester with Newcastle or Man City is like comparing apples and pears.

But that is my point. Newcastle are (literally) in a different league to us. It would be ridiculous to even think that Newcastle would allow half of what happened to us last year to be accepted there - they are spending way too much money to be that negligent. 

Barnes, with a focused club. Ambition. Is going to thrive. No matter how much that hurts, out of all the sales, he has picked the best move. 

12 minutes ago, 3 titles in 7 years said:

Not sad to see him go. 

I will never forgive him for his misses vs Roma in the first leg, we'd have been comfy in that second leg. That's a bit extreme as he did a lot of good for us but it summed him up for me. Hot and cold, definitely a good player.

Players are just assets and we had a squad of poor assets last season - drain the swamp.

That awful miss against Chelsea was far worse. Those two extra points would have gotten us Champions League football. But we move on. He was a very good player for us snd u wish him well 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

But that is my point. Newcastle are (literally) in a different league to us. It would be ridiculous to even think that Newcastle would allow half of what happened to us last year to be accepted there - they are spending way too much money to be that negligent. 

Barnes, with a focused club. Ambition. Is going to thrive. No matter how much that hurts, out of all the sales, he has picked the best move. 

That’s not really what you said.

You said they were a proper club well ran.

When in fact they just have the most money. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I’d be highly surprised if he was booed?

but, a couple of morons could probably prove me wrong  

I imagine Maddison will get heavily booed.

I'd say he was the better player for us as well.

I think fans at the King Power are quite fond of a boo.

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Cost of be relegated and having to sell.

Ake went for a similar fee to Man City when Bournemouth were relegated. Buendia went for £35m (I think). We probably need the cash injection more than we need an extra few million but it still hurts.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scanchez said:

I imagine Maddison will get heavily booed.

I'd say he was the better player for us as well.

I think fans at the King Power are quite fond of a boo.

That is futile and childish. The only players who have left our club in decades who have disrespected the club are Fofana and , less badly, Mahrez.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That’s not really what you said.

You said they were a proper club well ran.

When in fact they just have the most money. 

Well no, you're wrong. 

They have money. However, they are putting that money in the right places. As a football club, they are being ran well. Whether that be in their appointments at board level, recruitment, football side and even grass roots. 

The club is being properly ran. 

• Like 1

Say what you want about him but he will very sorely missed. Class player. A lot of idiots on twitter etc saying “great clearing out the deadwood” lol. 

So far,  we have lost our best defender on a free, and our 2 most creative players by a mile. The deadwood remains! Slightly worrying in terms of creativity. Good luck Barnes. Real shame it come to this really. Hopefully we get some decent player in now. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

I certainly haven't. If more of your fans were like you, your club would be a little less unpopular.

There's the rub, most of our fans are like me. Unfortunately, like I said, people seem to think social media is a true reflection of the fanbase. It really isn't, most of the East Stand are old men who think anything developed after colour television is new-fangled nonsense. 

Doesn't help when the daft lads who listen to talksport, hear the even dafter lads who pay the premium rate to make ridiculous claims. 

18 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

It's absolutely fine, and understandable.

The digs will keep coming though, for as long as your club is funded by an unlimited pool of blood money.

Yeah, it's kind of the price we have to pay. Wish more of the loud Newcastle voices would stop hearing criticisms of the owners as criticisms of the club. I wish they'd not fall into the traps of opposition fans and engage in spurious whataboutery or whatever. I know I've been guilty of it, despite being aware of the distinction.