Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Good luck to him. Its inevitable our best players will move on after relegation and thats not a one sided benefit. Decent funds allows us to do more ourselves in the transfer market. Barnes has done nothing wrong, appears to have behaved with integrity and honesty. 

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Len Glover... Different class!! 

Len though was a proper winger and Harvey is a different beast. He is nothing like Saint- Maximin for instance so Newcastle will have to set up differently.

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

You didn’t say one of the best left wingers. You said one of the best to play for us and he isn’t anywhere near that 

Hum... I have to disagree. 

Out of the thousands and thousands that have worn the shirt I would say you would struggle to put 100 before him.

That puts him in the top.list.

You obviously either has forgotten rhe dross that has played for us over the decades or are to young enough and have Bern spoilt by these past few glory years. 

Make no mistake he's up there .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

Out of the thousands and thousands that have worn the shirt I would say you would struggle to put 100 before him.

You obviously either has forgotten rhe dross that has played for us over the decades or are to young enough and have Bern spoilt by these past few glory years. 

I’m not too young sadly. But it’s all about opinions and I disagree. Doesn’t make me right though 

44 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

His price tag suggests what you're saying is true... 

His performances however don't. 

Wouldn't get anywhere near the best lcfc team of all time that's for sure. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

His price tag suggests what you're saying is true... 

His performances however don't. 

Wouldn't get anywhere near the best lcfc team of all time that's for sure. 

Newcastle will be underwhelmed, he'll be OK against the lower prem teams like he was for us. Good Luck to him and thanks for his effort as he always tried.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Steve Guppy.?  😉

statistically though it isn't even close.... in 302 career appearances, barnes has scored 78 and assisted 54 goals.... 

in 318 career appearances, guppy scored 19 and assisted 32. 

I do think barnes is fairly one dimensional as a winger.... but its a very effective single dimension for him. 

I've been a fan since 1992 and I do struggle to think of a more productive left winger for us in that time...  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

statistically though it isn't even close.... in 302 career appearances, barnes has scored 78 and assisted 54 goals.... 

in 318 career appearances, guppy scored 19 and assisted 32. 

I do think barnes is fairly one dimensional as a winger.... but its a very effective single dimension for him. 

I've been a fan since 1992 and I do struggle to think of a more productive left winger for us in that time...  

Oh you just had to burst my bubble and spoil it for me.....you rotter 😁

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is a professional sportsman!!!

He has a duty to maintain a certain level of fitness and bouts of excessive drinking curtailed  Paul Gascoigne's career.  Wenger changed the Arsenal culture immediately he walked in and instigated a better nutritional plan for his players.

If you have to get drunk every week to get through it, there is obviously an inability to cope with what is going on in your life. Perhaps the need for counselling is a road he should go down,  because when his career ends, he will have even more time to imbibe and little motivation to get out if bed.

Yeh he’s a professional but he’s allowed to have a life also. I very much doubt he’s a raging alcoholic. He’s a young lad ffs. If he was in such a state then I’m sure the club would be doing something about it.

12 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Yeh he’s a professional but he’s allowed to have a life also. I very much doubt he’s a raging alcoholic. He’s a young lad ffs. If he was in such a state then I’m sure the club would be doing something about it.

...the club probably wouldn't notice his refuelling antics!!!

It is pretty much down to him to look to keep it under control, hard to switch off when you have stopped playing.

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'll be honest, I was surprised!! 

Barnes on form, even if as you previously posted, in his fairly one dimensional style of play has brought us fans some great goals and many an exciting moment.

But.. for me seeing Guppy bombing up the touchline, cheeks blowing out, straining to get away from his marker, (as in all fairness, whilst quick'ish he was never a speed merchant) waiting for that pin point cross to come in to the box, was for me a winger in its quintessential form.  Chalk on boots and taking his man on.

If I had a pound for every time I'd yelled "Get it to Gup's"  and when it did "Go on son, Skin him" followed by a "Now Crosssssss"  well I'd be a rich man.

For me, that's football. And I loved it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Barnes on form, even if as you previously posted, in his fairly one dimensional style of play has brought us fans some great goals and many an exciting moment.

But.. for me seeing Guppy bombing up the touchline, cheeks blowing out, straining to get away from his marker, (as in all fairness, whilst quick'ish he was never a speed merchant) waiting for that pin point cross to come in to the box, was for me a winger in its quintessential form.  Chalk on boots and taking his man on.

If I had a pound for every time I'd yelled "Get it to Gup's"  and when it did "Go on son, Skin him" followed by a "Now Crosssssss"  well I'd be a rich man.

For me, that's football. And I loved it.

You really are his love child I see. Great player though, great days.