Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs West Ham (H) - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Bournemouth played like they were on the beach tbh was never gonna happen 

And people were happy with a draw last week against Newcastle. This was going to happen. I rather we had gone for it to give us a chance.

Sad day. Lots of blame to go around but not much point in going into that right now. I hope this turns out to be a big wake up call for the club. And rather than have season after season of floating around relegation, as Everton have done and will continue to do, let's hope it turns out to be a good thing that we've got this out the way and can look to build with a new manager and squad of players

At 66 I guess I must be one of the older posters here. I was hoping the golden period in the club's history would go on a bit longer. Very disappointed but not good enough. I hope younger fans have great years to look forward to in the future. I never thought we could win anything major after the O'Neill years.  Have to be grateful I almost feel football completed despite wanting more of the same. Those fans in the 1960s were even more frustrated at lost cup finals and eventually relegated in 1969. At least we made it count in the last 9 years. Lick your wounds and enjoy the break 

• Like 3

Sorry but I can't think of many players,

I can forgive..or even care about.

maybe

Iversen, Mendy, Soyuncu ,Ricardo & the 3 January buys.

Vardy will try..

Nothing for the others..Nacho I am struggling couldnt turn a big game,more effort than most though..

3 defining games...

Southampton,Bournemouth,...Everton..

In no game did we has a group standup..!

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

At 66 I guess I must be one of the older posters here. I was hoping the golden period in the club's history would go on a bit longer. Very disappointed but not good enough. I hope younger fans have great years to look forward to in the future. I never thought we could win anything major after the O'Neill years.  Have to be grateful I almost feel football completed despite wanting more of the same. Those fans in the 1960s were even more frustrated at lost cup finals and eventually relegated in 1969. At least we made it count in the last 9 years. Lick your wounds and enjoy the break 

We were a yoyo club for many years (I remember them only too well). I hope we can rebuild quickly and come back next season. The clear out is inevitable, I hope we can bring in some good new talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

maybe

Vardy will try..

Nothing for the others..Nacho I am struggling couldnt turn a big game,more effort than most though..

3 defining games...

I agree with your comment on Southampton, Bournemouth & Everton. If we had had Justin and Ricardo for the full season things might have been different.

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

No good agonising over Everton scrambling out of the mire. We were crap in too many other matches and we arrived in the destination marked R. 

I’m going to do a bit of agonising , just speculating what they had to cough up to make sure Bournemouth stuck to the script , obviously A lot more than they had to pay Wimbledon all those years ago 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

maybe

Vardy will try..

3 defining games...

Hi Fuchsy,

I believe modern players have individualism drummed out of them from an early age. In return, if they cross all those barriers that the 'weeding out' process puts in their way, they're feted by fans and media and they're paid well - for being 'yes' men. They keep toeing the line, even though it's obvious tactics, selections et al aren't working. Evans is now the only real leader in the team.

I guess, had he been present a lot earlier at this run-in (and Söyüncü, Mendy and Pereira) we might have presented a tougher nut for opposition teams to crack.

The players that regularly get laid into on here had very good games today - KDH showed his rapid movement and quick thinking, Luke Thomas is a fine passer, Castagne always runs his guts out, Faes was steady in defence. Tielemans raised his game for once. Only Soumaré disappointed again.

I wish that players would show independence and protest when

the manager is impeding the team.

Didnt know where to put this but Jonathan Pearce is an absolute bootlicker, in commentary suggests keeping Rodgers would have kept us up and then in the interview with Dean Smith suggested bringing him in earlier would have made a difference. What a twat.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2023 at 23:48, gerblod said:

Hi Fuchsy,

I believe modern players have individualism drummed out of them from an early age. In return, if they cross all those barriers that the 'weeding out' process puts in their way, they're feted by fans and media and they're paid well - for being 'yes' men. They keep toeing the line, even though it's obvious tactics, selections et al aren't working. Evans is now the only real leader in the team.

I guess, had he been present a lot earlier at this run-in (and Söyüncü, Mendy and Pereira) we might have presented a tougher nut for opposition teams to crack.

The players that regularly get laid into on here had very good games today - KDH showed his rapid movement and quick thinking, Luke Thomas is a fine passer, Castagne always runs his guts out, Faes was steady in defence. Tielemans raised his game for once. Only Soumaré disappointed again.

I wish that players would show independence and protest when

the manager is impeding the team.

Fair point…over my long years,I do wonder where those  large bags of quality mixed individuals have disappeared to..