Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

New Kit

8 hours ago, nathan. said:

That away kit is unbelievable.

100% buying it. 

Is it really the "Thunderbirds kit"?

If so I would be tempted, I have the one with Alliance and Leicester on it, in which we last got relegated from the PL. Stylistically my favourite.

I haven't bought a kit with FBS on yet - looks awful and not a "business" I'm comfortable endorsing. 

But may have to put that aside if we do get an updated sash kit. 

But sounds like Stoke are making their new kit available without the sponsor: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/06/gorgeous-sponsorless-version-available.html?m=1 would love it if we went down the same route and sold a sponsorless version. (not that its likely, the amount FBS are paying us!) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I despise all blue. I despise gold trims and patches.

We sold our souls clapping gaudily dressed elephants and monks and Buddhist flags and clapping a tyrannical King in exchange for money and success. That was the deal. 

Contract now broken. So I'll have blue and white back please and never see the incongruous gold again. 

I have always wondered how all the King Power branding and stuff like holding up the King of Thailand around the ground would have gone down if we'd not been much of a success. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I despise all blue. I despise gold trims and patches.

We sold our souls clapping gaudily dressed elephants and monks and Buddhist flags and clapping a tyrannical King in exchange for money and success. That was the deal. 

Contract now broken. So I'll have blue and white back please and never see the incongruous gold again. 

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. Every major trophy we've won has been all blue? 

Championship - Blue White Blue

Play offs Derby - All Blue

Play offs Palace - All Blue

97 Blue White Blue but we had all blue on at Hillsborough?

Is it that... bad? 

Edited by Ashley

I hadn't even given a passing glance to the new kit given everything else going on. Looks awful - the gold trim across the bottom of the shirt is a proper carbuncle. My inner Gok Wan is horrified at the way it separates with no contrast on the shorts. Might look a lot better with white shorts, but as it is now it looks like something I might have put together on PES as a kid after a few too many bags of Haribo. HORIZONTAL LINES DON'T WORK IN ISOLATION, DARLING!

0_RLP_MDG_21879221162315525901JPG.jpg

(I was trying to get a picture of Gok looking sad or angry, this was the best I could find. The guy's always smiling - bet you can find him in the East Stand with a clapper.) 

Gonna have to do a lot better with the away / 3rd kits to get any of my money this season. If there's one thing I can commend them for, it's that it's a kit entirely suited to a club bound for obscurity in the Championship - kludged together by the boneheads at Adidas as an inconvenience before they focus on their main customers.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 00:56, An Away Move said:

I haven’t bought a shirt and won’t buy one until we move on from this immoral company. FBS is even on the children’s stuff. According to their own website over 70% of their ‘investors’ lose their money. 

It's not a betting site but it basically is. Against my moral code so I'm not going to buy anything with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It really is the shittiest of shit arguments is this. One the all blue brigade love to trot out - conveniently omitting the shite seasons, such as the one just past. 

White isn't just traditional.....it's about the aesthetic. It frames and freshens our look so much better. 

I'm not bothered either way by blue or white shorts. Assuming we have white what about the socks. I know these are usually blue but there have been seasons past when we favoured white with blue bands. Please see mid 60s, mid 70s and 80s when Lineker and co wore the pin stripe blue shirts. I favour maroon for away kit to always reference our F A Cup win.

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Is it that... bad? 

Maroon/burgundy for the FA Cup final

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

Is it that... bad? 

Premier League was won wearing casual party dress in Vardy's kitchen:P

I think the new shirt is ok.

Boring but it's blue and bottom loves his gold.

Hopefully away and third will be desirable.

• Haha 1