Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

It disgusts me that people are blaming Top. I know you think he has the "final" say on stuff. But his Dad died right by us, after - ****ing miraculously by all accounts, having won us the biggest prize in our history.
And then along comes Brendan ****ing Rodgers. And he nearly gets us to the CL - TWICE (thanks Puel ). He gets a good contract. Deservedly so (maybe). But it will be hard to sack him. And then BR starts acting like a ****. Slagging off the board and the fans. Knowing that after Covid we can't afford to sack him. Or wanting us to sack him, so he can go and suckle on the teat of the big 6 where he rightly belongs. Massive massive ****.. He wasn't managing us in the end. He was managing his reputation. He's utter filth.

this well said 110% :appl:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Two simple things that Rodgers did that cost us, without even analysing his tactical and motivational failings, was playing Ward and ostracising Soyuncu this season. These two decisions that the majority of us could see were absolute madness, have ultimately cost us Premier League status. 

Spot-on 

• Like 4

I loved Gary Lineker’s MOTF comments too, spoken like a true elitist throwing the club he claims to support under a bus whilst trying to keep Brendan’s reputation in tact as well as Maddison’s who had apparently been ‘consistent' all season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jonathan_ross said:

I loved Gary Lineker’s MOTF comments too, spoken like a true elitist throwing the club he claims to support under a bus whilst trying to keep Brendan’s reputation in tact as well as Maddison’s who had apparently been ‘consistent' all season.

Linekers a helmet

• Like 3

I land this season pretty squarely at the hands of Rodgers.

The top two rated, on the forum, players this ended season never figured in a Rodgers side. Ward was a disaster, is a disaster and needs to be gone. With Iversen from day one of the season we wouldn't be relegated. Ward had the worst shot stop stats in the league, letting every third shot on target trouble the net. That is twice the shot on target its a goal rate for sides with the best keepers in the league. 

Rodgers never had a Plan B, after 60 minutes Plan A turned into Plan A with a couple of fresh faces.

Rodgers clearly lost interest and couldn't escape the sinking hulk fast enough.

The last 8 months sours what would have been a decent spell, he should have gone to Arsenal 2 years ago and he would then be fondly remembered for the first ever FA Cup trophy yield and a really good, by historic LC manager standards, win ratio up until then. He also delivered only 2 seasons ago a season where we beat, at least once every team of the fabled top six at least once in the league. His recruits didn't set the World alight so it is questionable given unlimited resources if the results would have been any better. We all remember our Champions team cost £23mn so we know in football money isn't the only ingredient needed to fashion a team. This is confirmed, if anyone needed confirmation with the massive gulf between Citeh and Chelsea. 

So fuk off Rodgers you are cast into the bin of history, we move on.

• Like 4

Bodgers is certainly at fault for aspects of this season but it's not like he's alone either. Should have gone well before he ultimately did but he can't be blamed for the mailase seemingly encompassing the whole club from top to bottom. Took our eyes off the ball and I can't help but feel it's going to be the most costly relegation in our history

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What's most sickening is he's avoided the relegation on his CV despite being chief protagonist, and he's probably going to somehow blag the Spurs job as well. I'll support even Forest against him next season.

the one sweetener is that when he ****s them up he'll be damaged goods to everyone who'd be able to afford his wages, and then football will be free from the notebook nonce 

H0ping BR gets a big fat c0ntract at the SPuds.

Spuds fans currently up in arms over imminent appointment of Ange from Celtic.

They dnt want him.. even BR polled higher.

Spuds deserved BR 

On 28/05/2023 at 19:46, southfox66 said:

Don't blame Rodgers blame those above him.

Well those above him didn´t select the team I suspect...... Ward springs to mind, playing others out position, making Tielemans captain, downplaying the squad - he has a massive part of the blame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/05/2023 at 18:44, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The fecker will be in charge of Spurs I expect and lauded as a tactical genius. Twat!! 

I hope so.

Would love to see him do the same sh1t to Spud's that he's done to us and destroy them.

Apart from Man Utd, being right royally "Rodgered" couldn't happen to a nicer club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I hope so.

Would love to see him do the same sh1t to Spud's that he's done to us and destroy them.

Apart from Man Utd, being right royally "Rodgered" couldn't happen to a nicer club.

They wouldn't be stupid enough to keep him for as long as we did.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 11:26, jonathan_ross said:

Lineker constantly mocks us I've noticed. Even when we were fighting in the top 4 he was always downplaying what we are as a club. When we won the league he said "I never thought I'd see Leicester win any league never mind this one". Despite the fact we've won 3 this century and the 2nd Division God knows how many times. 

I doubt he'll even bother with us next season. Found it hard to believe he'd "never seen anything like it" when a goalkeeper was subbed for another just before a shootout at a world cup he was covering too. Any fan who follows us through thick and thin and not just when we are in the top division would know we have a certain scenario like that in our history. 

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Well those above him didn´t select the team I suspect...... Ward springs to mind, playing others out position, making Tielemans captain, downplaying the squad - he has a massive part of the blame.

I agree wholeheartedly - we are a club that backs our manager which building sustainability and being attractive is really a strength…..yes we left it too long but the tosser completely screwed us over and his ineptitude was embarrassing …….from the fist evening he held his Q&A where he basically said he played one way without ever needing a target man, to stating he would try and help us win a trophy (we had won the league you know), alienating players, being stubborn to basically promising us relegation he is probably one of the most overhyped managers I have seen…..master of self PR and god help whoever appoints him next 

18 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Lineker constantly mocks us I've noticed. Even when we were fighting in the top 4 he was always downplaying what we are as a club. When we won the league he said "I never thought I'd see Leicester win any league never mind this one". Despite the fact we've won 3 this century and the 2nd Division God knows how many times. 

I doubt he'll even bother with us next season. Found it hard to believe he'd "never seen anything like it" when a goalkeeper was subbed for another just before a shootout at a world cup he was covering too. Any fan who follows us through thick and thin and not just when we are in the top division would know we have a certain scenario like that in our history. 

This is so over the top. If you've seen the match of the day podcast he uses every opportunity he gets to mention us and our achievements and bangs on about it incessantly, to the point I imagine it pisses off other fans. He might be too defensive of Rodgers but if anything his acceptance of us going down is symptomatic of a lot of our season ticket holders, there's no reason to start accusing him of not being a real supporter.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1