Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

Last season, if we took away the 9 end of season points against poor, already or nearly relegated sides, 

Do we do this for all the other teams in the league . A bit unfair if we play 3 games less than anyone else. 

Can we add those 9 points now so we don't get relegated

Edited by Gazza3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

If Rodgers was judged purely on this awful season he would be down there with Peter Taylor.

He is our second most successful manager ever according to the stats. Remarkable that many of us, including myself, have him down with Peter Taylor as the worst manager ever. 
My ex was a social worker. They get taught to listen to their instinct when something presents well but feels ‘off’. This is Brendan Rodgers to me. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Brighton however, have not only achieved the points, but bar the odd aberration, have done so by playing some fairly exciting, organised, good to watch football. 

Brighton play some fantastic football, there’s no doubt about that, but when we were really on it, we were better (IMO). Unfortunately, we combined that with some absolute horror shows which cost us Champions League in successive years.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 01:51, honeybradger said:

This is false. We had many options on our bench who were better than we had in our starting XI: Iversen, Iheanacho, Soyuncu and Mendy for example. It is down to Rodger's hubris that we are being relegated, if he had played the players mentioned we would not be down right now.

Fully agree. Also, we have Albrighton and Perez. Both are not worldclass but if played in the right formation they are good options. And also Praet who did well when he went on loan and before he joined us - a Belgian international wasted in our squad.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Are you a journalist that doesn't watch the games lol

Not sure if you’re being deliberately ironic given you are literally parroting what the media line is…

Was the second season a fantastic one? bare in mind that we achieved more than the first.
I have quite literally stated the the overall achievements were fantastic those two years albeit that half of those seasons were really poor. However, you seem to be plucking a third ‘fantastic season’ from thin air! 

i think you're whinging for whinge sake, not just about the shit

Not ‘whinging’ about anything. Just commented for discussion as you seem to be massively inflating reality. It’s observations on the fact that after the initial improvement from Puel’s time, it was worse year on year in terms of performances and results. 

Under Brendan, we played possesion attractive football for the most part, scored goals for fun, 5 at Man City. The difference in play was night n day. Leicester have never played the football Brendan brought to the club in the same amount of consistency.

Again, we are not in 2019 anymore. Everything in this paragraph was true for those two first halves of the seasons we finished 5th. Since new year 2021, we have seen none of this. We’ve got worse and worse. Scoring 4 goals away at Wolves with our only 4 shots on goal is down to being clinical and the quality of our players as I said before, not down to quality attacking football. The possession based stuff is pure dirt! 

The media are shit pundits, always lieing about us, sometimes the truth. Just because they say something, doesn't make it true, their job is to woo you, don't fall for it

Really not sure what you’re trying to get at here as like I say, you are the one sounding like one of said pundits from the media!

And on Puel, he left the club in a healthier position than he found it. He did the hard work creating a younger squad ready for success. He was not the one who could realise this but he put the work in. Rodgers has left us in the same or worse position as we were in 2010! 

It is not just about managers who have won a trophy with us being the only ones worth a damn and the rest being crap. You sound like someone who has only been around since 2016!

you're whinging, you're only looking at the negatives and highlighting them as if those parts of more normal and more relative to the great stuff.

again, you are referring to recent times as if all the time. I said, "we played possesion attractive football for the most part" for the most part. "Brendan brought to the club in the same amount of consistency", same amount of consistency. Even in this relegation season, we still played some fantastic attacking goal scoring football, its just been overshadowed by the shit which was more of. The reason we got relegated was confidence. Confidence in our style of game is like kryptonite to superman. Lack of confidence began 15 months ago when for example, soyuncu decided he wasn't interested because he assumed he was leaving in the summer. Other things happened that increased the confidence and it snowballed. Even pepe would find it hard stopping that, but because our style was to play good/great footbal we still saw it.

When rodgers turned up, if you were offered his 4 years, would you take it, of 4 lots of 15th, no cup runs, and cluede low scoring games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

For me, I think the difference is that our top 5 finishes were somewhat flawed, daft thinking on the surface because I know, the table doesn't lie!

Yet, I think that at the start of those seasons, our squad, in comparison to our counterparts, had the requisite players who,  under a decent manager 'should' have been able to secure top 5. However, let's not kid ourselves, unlike Brighton now, some of the football we played was extremely poor, dull and frustrating. I think we flattered to deceive as many of the points we actually gained were from individual moments of skill or brilliance and not by good team performances, that for me papered over the cracks and some of the opposition was poor also.

I personally don't think we never looked like a top 5 team, there was a lot of good fortune involved and that can't last forever. Last season, if we took away the 9 end of season points against poor, already or nearly relegated sides, there was a true reflection of where we were and the writing was clearly on the wall for all that 'wanted' to see.

Brighton however, have not only achieved the points, but bar the odd aberration, have done so by playing some fairly exciting, organised, good to watch football. 

You can't 'over-achieve' on individual performances. Fans of other clubs were looking at us in envy, wishing they had a team that could emulate it.

Can you pinpoint the games we shouldn't have won and why?

Brighton have finished 6th. fa cup semi final. No european competition to contest. Is that better than brendans second season?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone wish we'd never appointed him?

No. I didn’t actually like his appointment originally but the achievements in those two years can’t be sniffed at.

We should have parted ways in late 2021 though and not let him have so much control. 

5 APR 2019

“We have just bought a house down here. We’re very committed to it and we love the area.

“Bradgate Park has been amazing. It’s a stunning area''

(Lived on Warren Hill NTL)

Months later straight after getting his extensive drive resurfaced moved to a rental near Seagrave , weeks after moved to Cheshire (I believe)

Obsessed with money (fact) and brand Brandan.

;

Pretty obvious he'd ran out of love for the club and ideas.

The 4-1 humiliation against Forest and his subsequent throwing us all under a bus was the end of him basically.

Look at the results since then.

Elite coach and far too good for us, second only to God. Source BR

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not at all.

We won the FA cup and got two 5th place finishes, playing sometimes some lovely football.

What went wrong was the apathy at the club. I blame Top and Rudkin for this.

They should have seen that Brendan was failing and bit the bullet months ago.

This inability to change the problem oozes out of every pore at Leicester. The club stinks of it.

We all know this. I’m alarmed that changes at the club aren’t being made already.

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

No. With him we 100% won the FA Cup, but without his tainted reign it’s only a possibility, someone else may done the same and even got the 2 CL places, but it’s talk and not reality. Impossible to like he may be, but difficult to deny the positives we saw in those 2 years.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wish we'd just heeded the obvious signs and stopped giving him more and more power for worse and worse results. He's basically weeded anyone worth their salt that wasn't one of his minions out of the club and left us a husk of Rodgers sympathising sh!t.

If it was that obvious to us on the outside that was what was happening it must have taken a special case of delusion to not see it from the inside. That and anyone who did see it moved on or was moved on, even though for the most part they were the ones largely responsible for our success.

We've lost a phenomenal scouting department, a fitness/physio department and our Premier League status as a result of his ego at the very least so we'd almost certainly be in a better position if he hadn't come, but we may also be without an FA Cup trophy as well so...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Me.   He is not the right kind of guy.  He is egotistical and just in it for himself.  When I was working I always turfed out those with bad personalities... I wouldn't keep anyone I didn't want in the same lifeboat as me.  I would not want to share a lifeboat with Rodgers.

Always work with those you can trust.

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Brighton play some fantastic football, there’s no doubt about that, but when we were really on it, we were better (IMO). Unfortunately, we combined that with some absolute horror shows which cost us Champions League in successive years.

I think they've had the same horrors as us, Everton (H), Forest (A). That's 6 points that would have seen them in front of Liverpool and helped our cause. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you’d have offered me the FA Cup and relegation after a few years when Puel went… I probably would have taken it? Tough, but I’ve been a fan long enough to have seen lots of championship football, had always wanted to see us win the cup.

Although honestly that is probably affected by my current view that we will bounce back quickly, which is built of very shaky ground if I’m being honest with myself. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Even by my opinions of him you'd be stupid to say yes to that question. It started well, I still make strong claims we only had 2 decent half seasons out of him, the 1st halves of the first 2 seasons, the 2nd halves of his first 2 were pretty awful and we stopped playing come the turn of both seasons (If not just before the turn of the year).

I feel the question should be posed - Does anyone wish we'd never given him a contract extension?

The answer to that question is absolutely yes! Yes, things were going well at the time of the extension and Arsenal were sniffing but I don't think they'd have gone for him, I think it was all a game of poker and we were bluffed. Especially when it came at the cost of giving him so much power (More than he demanded initially), making him bigger than the club and unsackable.

June 2022, the end of the initial contract would have been the perfect time to part ways for both parties. People will argue we'd just won the FA Cup but we were poor a long time before then and the writing was on the wall.

I reckon he'd have been offered a new deal at a layer date anyway so it was inevitable.

Also the 2020/21 season, we were still very good at times up until Barnes and Maddison got injured in mid Feb. Then it all fell apart, although we had started to toil a little.

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If you’d have offered me the FA Cup and relegation after a few years when Puel went… I probably would have taken it? Tough, but I’ve been a fan long enough to have seen lots of championship football, had always wanted to see us win the cup.

Although honestly that is probably affected by my current view that we will bounce back quickly, which is built of very shaky ground if I’m being honest with myself. 

I've never held the FA Cup to the same esteem as others. It lost its magic long ago.

I would have swapped it for a Champions League place (and to stay around those places)

I would have probably swapped it for a Premier League place (if we stay outside the Prem for the next five or six years)

But really, it's a moot point.

We managed to lift the FA cup as the foundations of our success were being kicked away by some of those holding the trophy aloft.

At least we won something as we fell. It was a magical match.

Edited by Foxxed

11 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

Last season, if we took away the 9 end of season points against poor, already or nearly relegated sides, 

Do we do this for all the other teams in the league . A bit unfair if we play 3 games less than anyone else. 

Can we add those 9 points now so we don't get relegated

Can I also chip in and remove 3 defeats? 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Nah, it was the right appointment at the time. Young squad in need of an arm around type coach. The football we played at the start of 2019 was excellent. Brendan however could never manage a situation. It got tough and he struggled. 

Last season was probably his last. We should’ve parted ways and especially so after the decisions that were made above him. I criticise him a lot but if you’re saying he’s your man, you can’t send him into a season with. £15m defender significantly below standard and a keeper who should never play for your reserves. What he did after that, his stubbornness, his treatment of the club, its players, fans etc. **** him but this relegation sits at the top (literally) and flows down. He should’ve been sacked long before. The fact he still wasn’t sacked after Palace but needed to quit fills me further fear. He’s one of many who abused their position and used the club (to our detriment) to prove a point. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 20:45, Dahnsouff said:

The board are always to blame as only they have the power to remove the manager, the  only question is at what level that board level failure occurred.

Unless the manager removes himself by doing the decent thing by resigning. But Rodgers was incapable of doing right by the club.

No I don’t regret us appointing Rodgers but I do think that he has been massively found out!  I regret us not identifying and dealing with it 18 months ago.

I looked back at his European campaigns with Celtic and felt that in Europe especially he would be found out! He has no bottle!

We did have two good seasons with him but I always felt it was always about him and his ego and unfortunately we gave him too much power!

I think that he was jealous of Kaspers relationship with Top and his family and as a result kicked him into touch! That decision alone has cost us at key points in matches when Ward was given the gig! 

Spiteful undermining of the playing squad that clearly has divided them! I know Vestergaard is limited but what must he be thinking, signed and consigned to the bench! Praet I need you back fromTorino, then benched all season! 

It has the feel of a deliberate sabotage, especially when you think how well it was going!

• Like 1