Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

13 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Brighton play some fantastic football, there’s no doubt about that, but when we were really on it, we were better (IMO). Unfortunately, we combined that with some absolute horror shows which cost us Champions League in successive years.

I think that the 'when we were really on it' games though were at the very start before Rodgers indoctrination/philosophy was drilled in and the players were playing their natural games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lcfceed said:

You can't 'over-achieve' on individual performances. Fans of other clubs were looking at us in envy, wishing they had a team that could emulate it.

Can you pinpoint the games we shouldn't have won and why?

Brighton have finished 6th. fa cup semi final. No european competition to contest. Is that better than brendans second season?

Two that spring to mind early doors. After beating Southampton 9-0 Rodgers changed the team and approach and we lost the return game just a few weeks later. Why after the first result would you not apply the same winning formula. Again following our free flowing initial style, when Rodgers set his team up against a poor Norwich side that could even score a goal let alone win, he employed a defensive approach, why? We subsequently drew. Just two off the top of my head early doors.

Any decent performances that may have been the envy of others occurred early doors before Rodgers increasingly got more negative. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

No. I didn’t actually like his appointment originally but the achievements in those two years can’t be sniffed at.

We should have parted ways in late 2021 though and not let him have so much control. 

what control did he have that you didn't want him to have?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Even by my opinions of him you'd be stupid to say yes to that question. It started well, I still make strong claims we only had 2 decent half seasons out of him, the 1st halves of the first 2 seasons, the 2nd halves of his first 2 were pretty awful and we stopped playing come the turn of both seasons (If not just before the turn of the year).

I feel the question should be posed - Does anyone wish we'd never given him a contract extension?

The answer to that question is absolutely yes! Yes, things were going well at the time of the extension and Arsenal were sniffing but I don't think they'd have gone for him, I think it was all a game of poker and we were bluffed. Especially when it came at the cost of giving him so much power (More than he demanded initially), making him bigger than the club and unsackable.

June 2022, the end of the initial contract would have been the perfect time to part ways for both parties. People will argue we'd just won the FA Cup but we were poor a long time before then and the writing was on the wall.

How do you stop playing from January to may and finish 5th, win fa cup? Do you really mean, that the league wasn't quite the first halves but were still good, because they were, still good.

Right, contract extension, now this is where the whole thing started. because he had done so well with 'little old Leicester' in such a short space of time, big clubs came sniffing, and that forced Top to give him the £10m sacking clause. The theory then goes, that Rodgers orchestrated the demise to win that money, signing daka and soumare, bertrand, making soyuncu think he was heading out, then not playing him to stop goals going in claiming his head had gone. Not encouraging tielamans to sign extension, etc etc etc all these things contributed to a lack of confidence. Top then played his poker hand early, fourkings, Brendan had 4 Aces - £10M jackpot. Should never have sacked him, but make it clear he wouldn't be sacked, to force Rodgers to continue doing well so not to have a relegation on his CV and be a champo manager. All managers, players and staff are business men. Anyone who thinks other is a fool. Top let emotion cloud his judgement.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Two that spring to mind early doors. After beating Southampton 9-0 Rodgers changed the team and approach and we lost the return game just a few weeks later. Why after the first result would you not apply the same winning formula. Again following our free flowing initial style, when Rodgers set his team up against a poor Norwich side that could even score a goal let alone win, he employed a defensive approach, why? We subsequently drew. Just two off the top of my head early doors.

Any decent performances that may have been the envy of others occurred early doors before Rodgers increasingly got more negative. 

I asked, Can you pinpoint the games we shouldn't have won and why?

It wasn't just the decent performances other fans were envy of, league positions and cup runs as well. We were flying high for 3 years, contesting 4 competitions in 2 of them. MOST clubs NEVER have that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I've said for a while that I think there was an element of sabotage from Rodgers. It felt like he was deliberately making the wrong team selections, questionable interviews where he slated the board, players and even the fans. It honestly felt like he didn't want to be here but wanted his money so wanted to get sacked. He carried on hoping he'd eventually get his big pay off and then after the Bournemouth home game realised he didn't want a relegation on his cv so finally jumped ship and left us in a near on impossible situation to stay up. The way he acted at the start of the season once he realised there was no money for new signings was an absolute disgrace. 

The board are hugely to blame for our relegation as they didn't sack him and give us a chance of staying up. Like I think he was waiting to be sacked so he got his pay out, I feel like the board were hoping he'd walk so they didn't have to pay him. It was like a call my bluff situation which has ultimately lead to our relegation. There is no way the most boards at any professional football club would accept the behaviour that Rodgers showed this season. They can't seriously have felt Rodgers was the right person to turn things around and keep us up, he'd clearly given up and that was obvious for anyone to see which brings me back to the point that they didn't want to pay him off.

I/we almost think Panorama are going to be tempted to do an episode on the whole of Rodgers' time with us (initially excellent, turned bottle jobs, turned tepid, turned disastrous!), in the near future, lol! First world problems obviously but I really do wonder what went on in his mind and behind the scenes last season at times, I really do! Maybe it was sabotague of a kind after all!! 

Edited by Guy

On 03/06/2023 at 12:10, oz was my hero said:

Absolutely spot on. I can't say where I've heard it from for obvious reasons but apparently there has been a divided team spirit/dressing room for a while. There has been little gangs created. The Belgian crew, the African crew and madders little gang. Kasper was apparently  sold after a bust up with the dwarf pre season over the treatment of certain players. Players have been allowed to get away with murder in training. Was also speaking to someone who has left the club as a scout. Couldn't work under the dwarf or rudkin. Also why macia left. Told me a few stories on transfers and all I can say is what a ****ing circus it is. 

Heard exactly this. Knew there was something off with Rodgers a while ago.

He was great when he first joined us for a couple of years the top 5 finishes the FA cup & Community shield wins European tours then it went all down Hill, His ego started to show his true colours he thought he was bigger than everyone and the club blaming everyone for his failings sucking the life out of our club like a vampire to it’s  prey !

Thanks for destroying our teams Morale our premier league status and not having the cahonas to walk when you knew you were failing to busy doodling 💩in your notebook to see what was right infront of your delusional egotistical narcissistic eyes !

Brendan Rodgers what an absolute SLIMY LITTLE COCKWOMBLE OF FUCHING CNUT !

Edited by justfoxes

Interesting his side-kick is in line for a new Job.   Rogers´s Agent may be struggling to find another Club they can mug-off?    Spuds are not interested.  Leeds may be??

On 03/06/2023 at 14:10, oz was my hero said:

Absolutely spot on. I can't say where I've heard it from for obvious reasons but apparently there has been a divided team spirit/dressing room for a while. There has been little gangs created. The Belgian crew, the African crew and madders little gang. Kasper was apparently  sold after a bust up with the dwarf pre season over the treatment of certain players. Players have been allowed to get away with murder in training. Was also speaking to someone who has left the club as a scout. Couldn't work under the dwarf or rudkin. Also why macia left. Told me a few stories on transfers and all I can say is what a ****ing circus it is. 

Well. The new manager will have a lot of work to do. Looks like Brendan poisoned more than just the team. It’s a pity Rudkin is choosing the new manager…

25 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Well. The new manager will have a lot of work to do. Looks like Brendan poisoned more than just the team. It’s a pity Rudkin is choosing the new manager…

To be fair most the Belgians who formed their crew will be gone (think we will be left with Faes), as will Maddison and likely Barnes.  Mendy and Amarty out of contract too.

With so many new player incomings, its the perfect time to reset club culture as long as the managerial appointment is a well thought out builder. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dames said:

Out of all the analysis i've seen it seems he's managed to escape relatively unscathed.

Yet clubs aren't running to him for their vacant positions. Lots of damage done imho.

On 03/06/2023 at 12:04, Parker Pen said:

If he was an elite manager as people suggested he wouldn’t have behaved in such a spiteful way! I firmly believe that either he isn’t as good as he makes out and his methods and man management skills wound the playing squad up  and created cliques or he simply thought I’m going to run this ship aground! It’s unbelievable how we have gone from playing some of the best attacking football two seasons ago to this seasons malaise! 

He is the ultimate divide and conquer merchant! Whispering in the ears of his favourites and telling people one thing and doing another! 

I reckon he drove Kasper out the club as he saw him as a threat to him in the popularity stakes!

Overall His stint has eventually sucked any fun and enjoyment out of being a professional footballer or aspiring to be one - look at the various youth teams!  To think he was a youth team coach at Chelsea as well! 

On 03/06/2023 at 14:10, oz was my hero said:

This pisses me off the more I think about it.

Vichai was well loved by the staff and players and eminated such a great club culture which Rudkin and Brendan then promptly trashed. And Kasper, a club leader and the player closest to Vichai, tried to fight against the poisonous behaviour and was kicked out the club for his efforts.

Scouting, academy, physiotherapy, club culture--the elements of our former success--all trashed.

FxxEd2VWIAARWOl.jpg.05b008f76ee9f110f87e3e9957651b7f.jpg

31 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

To be fair most the Belgians who formed their crew will be gone (think we will be left with Faes), as will Maddison and likely Barnes.  Mendy and Amarty out of contract too.

With so many new player incomings, its the perfect time to reset club culture as long as the managerial appointment is a well thought out builder. 

Well Rudkin will have to choose a manager who is the perfect antidote to Rudkin's ineptitude since I assume Top will again delegate all responsibly to Rudkin. I wish Top's statement had given me some faith.

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Well Rudkin will have to choose a manager who is the perfect antidote to Rudkin's ineptitude since I assume Top will again delegate all responsibly to Rudkin. I wish Top's statement had given me some faith.

This is why we need Pearson.

But again I get the feeling he’s too strong a character for Rudkin’s liking 

Edited by dylanlegend