Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

12 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I've said for a while that I think there was an element of sabotage from Rodgers. It felt like he was deliberately making the wrong team selections, questionable interviews where he slated the board, players and even the fans. It honestly felt like he didn't want to be here but wanted his money so wanted to get sacked. He carried on hoping he'd eventually get his big pay off and then after the Bournemouth home game realised he didn't want a relegation on his cv so finally jumped ship and left us in a near on impossible situation to stay up. The way he acted at the start of the season once he realised there was no money for new signings was an absolute disgrace. 

He'd gone before the Bournemouth home game. It was after Palace away he facked off.

22 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

I wish we'd just heeded the obvious signs and stopped giving him more and more power for worse and worse results. He's basically weeded anyone worth their salt that wasn't one of his minions out of the club and left us a husk of Rodgers sympathising sh!t.

If it was that obvious to us on the outside that was what was happening it must have taken a special case of delusion to not see it from the inside. That and anyone who did see it moved on or was moved on, even though for the most part they were the ones largely responsible for our success.

We've lost a phenomenal scouting department, a fitness/physio department and our Premier League status as a result of his ego at the very least so we'd almost certainly be in a better position if he hadn't come, but we may also be without an FA Cup trophy as well so...

Writing was on the wall for a long time. When we had our second choke over CL qualification, that should have been enough for the Board to sack him. For me and some fans though, you can already see this coming another season before, when we had our first choke.  In any event, it should be clear that we should get rid of him after our second choke - we were already playing dreadful Brendanball by then and only had individual brilliance to save us from time to time (hence our erratic form). When we had our second choke, our form was one the the worst in the whole league; relegation form. But we stuck with him for another 20+ months: how costly that ended up to be.

Rudkin should also take responsibility for letting the squad contract situation become the way it is. To have so much value leave on a free is just atrocious planning. When we got Tielemans at the time for 40m with only a 4 year contract, I said at the time that was a bad move - it meant that we could only keep him for 2 years in essence before we had to sell him. Yet, at perhaps Brendan’s insistence, Rudkin let him run his contract down to nil. That is an absolute disaster for us as it led to player after player doing the same and we lost our transfer discipline / our model.

We let the manager and the players became bigger than the club.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

He's now linked with the Celtic job.

Can't imagine they'll be too happy with him returning.

How his reputation has been hit; from being actively linked with Arsenal and Spurs to now not even interviewed for Spurs with everyone rejecting them. 

10 hours ago, Jamie Vard-on said:

Brendan relied on technique. He’s a ‘football’ man. 

But football is not just tactics, formations etc.

A big part of it is understanding the hearts of men, knowing what motivates each individual. Boosting morale

Brendan failed the second part. He struggled with this at Liverpool too. It became about him, his ego. His vanity. Pure pomposity, narcissism and bullshit. 

It was obviously Brendan lost the dressing room about 7 months ago. Whereas Pearson and Ranieri could take diamonds in the rough, and bring out their best - Brendan took good players, and turned them average - or just plain shitty.

He has the opposite of a Midas touch. Instead of turning things into gold, he turns them into crap.

Just think what he could have achieved on top of failing when winning the fa cup, top fives and european semi-final. Damn Top shouldn't have sacked him...

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Do we really have to do this all over again? It’s been done to death on here. But if you must, the absolute obvious and undeniable one is Congerton. Rodgers ‘guy’ from previous roles. 

He was brought in and the recruitment has been doggo since.

Also whatever happened with Rennie. Injuries piled up after Rennie left. Of course it’s never been clear what happened but all accounts of the situation were that it was to do with Rodgers falling out with him over him questioning his methods.

If the latter is true, injuries can be linked back to him as well. And recruitment is undeniable but I’m sure you’ll give it a good go :rolleyes:

who put a gun to your head lol

All those failures, didn't stop him WINNING, imagine what he could do with better resources... I'm sorry, but you set yourself up there, just playing devils advocate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, lcfceed said:

All those failures, didn't stop him WINNING, imagine what he could do with better resources... I'm sorry, but you set yourself up there, just playing devils advocate.

You talk in f***ing riddles, make no sense and constantly contradict yourself lol

You asked what he was given too much power over, I answered and now you’re banging on about him winning again and saying I set myself up. You clearly had no answer to the Congerton thing so just chuck soundbites in there (much like Brendan himself would) to make yourself look clever :rolleyes:

End of the day, you can’t have a balanced discussion like everyone else, acknowledging the good and discussing the bad. You are attacking anyone who criticises Rodgers.

The whole thing started because you said last season was ‘fantastic’. Another contradiction of yours here, Brendan last season was fantastic for finishing 8th but you say Puel was shite and a waste of space when he finished 9th. 

Why is 8th fantastic and 9th shit?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Writing was on the wall for a long time. When we had our second choke over CL qualification, that should have been enough for the Board to sack him. For me and some fans though, you can already see this coming another season before, when we had our first choke.  In any event, it should be clear we get rid of him after our second choke - we were already playing dreadful Brendanball by then and only had individual brilliance to save us from time to time (hence our erratic form). When we had our second choke, our form was one the the worst in the whole league; relegation form. But we stuck with him for another 20+ months: how costly that ended up to be.

Rudkin should also take responsibility for letting the squad contract situation become the way it is. To have so much value leave on a free is just atrocious planning. When we got Tielemans at the time for 40m with only a 4 year contract, I said at the time that was a bad move - it meant that we could only keep him for 2 years in essence before we had to sell him. Yet, at perhaps Brendan’s insistence, Rudkin let him run his contract down to nil. That is an absolute disaster for us as it led to player after player doing the same and we lost our transfer discipline / our model.

We let the manager and the players became bigger than the club.

Yes, absolutely criminal planning re the contract situation. I don't know that I've ever heard of quality the likes of Tielemans & even Soyuncu be available on a free in their mid 20s before. Covid can only be partly to blame for that.

A good question to find the answer to is has there ever been an asset at the level of Tielemans be allowed to leave on a free under 28?

He might literally be the best young free transfer ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

He's now linked with the Celtic job.

Can't imagine they'll be too happy with him returning.

How his reputation has been hit; from being actively linked with Arsenal and Spurs to now not even interviewed for Spurs with everyone rejecting them. 

That’s his level of football tbf- St Mirren (H)

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Honesty I can believe this thread is still at the top. Can we please just stop talking about him now and move on? Yes he's a c0nt, he's a d1ck and he screwed us over. But I really want to forget about this chump now. 

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

You talk in f***ing riddles, make no sense and constantly contradict yourself lol

You asked what he was given too much power over, I answered and now you’re banging on about him winning again and saying I set myself up. You clearly had no answer to the Congerton thing so just chuck soundbites in there (much like Brendan himself would) to make yourself look clever :rolleyes:

End of the day, you can’t have a balanced discussion like everyone else, acknowledging the good and discussing the bad. You are attacking anyone who criticises Rodgers.

The whole thing started because you said last season was ‘fantastic’. Another contradiction of yours here, Brendan last season was fantastic for finishing 8th but you say Puel was shite and a waste of space when he finished 9th. 

Why is 8th fantastic and 9th shit?

Not quite, i asked, "what control did he have that you didn't want him to have?"

You said, "the absolute obvious and undeniable one is Congerton. Rodgers ‘guy’ from previous roles. He was brought in and the recruitment has been doggo since.Also whatever happened with Rennie. Injuries piled up after Rennie left. Of course it’s never been clear what happened but all accounts of the situation were that it was to do with Rodgers falling out with him over him questioning his methods. If the latter is true, injuries can be linked back to him as well. And recruitment is undeniable".

None of that prevented Rodgers from being a WINNER. You cheered many goals, you cheered trophy wins, you cheered cups runs, league success, but your focus is on the shit stuff because that is the present day, and that is your negative choice.

That is a lie, I am not attacking anyone who critisizes rodgers, couldn't care less about rodgers. You have to look at what he did as a whole, not the last season. Top paid him £10m of the next mangers transfer kitty and now searching for another manager because he sacked the best manager Leicester have ever had who would be in a great place to bring us back up.

last season was fantastic, 8th q/f LC and SF Euro - thats a fantastic season for a club like LCFC.

No, what puel did first 7 months was fantastic regars finishing positions, the style of play wasn't, the following season got worse and thats why he got the sack. Overall, clude was poor.

Rodgers style of football was a breathe of fresh air in comparrison, couple that with his overall finishing positions - fantastic.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, lcfceed said:

Not quite, i asked, "what control did he have that you didn't want him to have?"

You said, "the absolute obvious and undeniable one is Congerton. Rodgers ‘guy’ from previous roles. He was brought in and the recruitment has been doggo since.Also whatever happened with Rennie. Injuries piled up after Rennie left. Of course it’s never been clear what happened but all accounts of the situation were that it was to do with Rodgers falling out with him over him questioning his methods. If the latter is true, injuries can be linked back to him as well. And recruitment is undeniable".

None of that prevented Rodgers from being a WINNER. You cheered many goals, you cheered trophy wins, you cheered cups runs, league success, but your focus is on the shit stuff because that is the present day, and that is your negative choice.

That is a lie, I am not attacking anyone who critisizes rodgers, couldn't care less about rodgers. You have to look at what he did as a whole, not the last season. Top paid him £10m of the next mangers transfer kitty and now searching for another manager because he sacked the best manager Leicester have ever had who would be in a great place to bring us back up.

last season was fantastic, 8th q/f LC and SF Euro - thats a fantastic season for a club like LCFC.

No, what puel did first 7 months was fantastic regars finishing positions, the style of play wasn't, the following season got worse and thats why he got the sack. Overall, clude was poor.

Rodgers style of football was a breathe of fresh air in comparrison, couple that with his overall finishing positions - fantastic.

I’ve credited Rodgers where it is deserved. When the question was posted, do we wish he was never appointed, I answered no as you cannot argue with his achievement. I also don’t think that a new contract at the time was wrong, albeit the terms of it were as they have caused subsequent problems. 

The fact that a lot of this thread and others are negative is symptomatic of him having been kept on too long when he subsequently failed. 

It is simply a case of looking at his time in more context and separating the good and the bad. 

I disagree that you just give him a free pass for the last 18 months because of what happened before. He is accountable along with Top and the board as well as the players.

I also disagree that he is the best manager Leicester have ever had. He is up there on his overall achievements but Ranieri had the ultimate achievement and O’Neil won a couple of trophies and had Europeans qualifications with much lesser resources. 

You are also not giving the impression of someone who ‘couldn’t care less’ about Rodgers. 

Last season was not fantastic. 8th might be in the context of the club past but does not take into account the growth of the club and the fact we had finished 1st and 5th twice in the years before. A league cup quarter final and 4th round FA cup trouncing by Forest is a poor cup performance. We were getting into cup quarter finals on a few occasions in the Championship. Put it this way, if you are finishing 8th in the league, cup quarter finals are par.

Puel’s quality of football was poor but the last 18 months of Rodgers was just as bad if not worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lcfceed said:

Would you praise Rodgers for getting us to the Johnsons Paint Trophy semi final, given we’d have to get relegated in order to be able to take part?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lcfceed said:

Not sure what you are on about. But the trend many saw with Rodgers just got us relegated. Relegated. A team with the following firepower:

Maddison

Barnes

Tielemans

Vardy

Daka

Nachos

(I also rate Praet, Mendy, Albrighton and yes actually Perez but I don’t put them up there)

If we played all these players game in game out and not fuxken play Rodgerball and put 7 or 8 defenders out there all the time, not only will we score for fun we would ironically probably concede less goals! 

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’ve credited Rodgers where it is deserved. When the question was posted, do we wish he was never appointed, I answered no as you cannot argue with his achievement. I also don’t think that a new contract at the time was wrong, albeit the terms of it were as they have caused subsequent problems. 

The fact that a lot of this thread and others are negative is symptomatic of him having been kept on too long when he subsequently failed. 

It is simply a case of looking at his time in more context and separating the good and the bad. 

I disagree that you just give him a free pass for the last 18 months because of what happened before. He is accountable along with Top and the board as well as the players.

I also disagree that he is the best manager Leicester have ever had. He is up there on his overall achievements but Ranieri had the ultimate achievement and O’Neil won a couple of trophies and had Europeans qualifications with much lesser resources. 

You are also not giving the impression of someone who ‘couldn’t care less’ about Rodgers. 

Last season was not fantastic. 8th might be in the context of the club past but does not take into account the growth of the club and the fact we had finished 1st and 5th twice in the years before. A league cup quarter final and 4th round FA cup trouncing by Forest is a poor cup performance. We were getting into cup quarter finals on a few occasions in the Championship. Put it this way, if you are finishing 8th in the league, cup quarter finals are par.

Puel’s quality of football was poor but the last 18 months of Rodgers was just as bad if not worse.

Puel was not that bad as many claimed. He saw that only playing counter attacking football with Kante gone and Mahrez on his way out as not sustainable, and he tried to introduce rightly in my mind passing on the ground football. He said at the time that it was a necessary transition but he also said he was not about getting rid of counter attacking football. He was facing players with big egos who just won the league so it was not easy, especially with him being French.

But Rodgers is different. He killed our counter attacking football completely. He was so risk averse that he didn’t want us to play football - the WBA game a few years ago is a classic representation of his negative mindset: he thought we played crap uncontrolled football in the first half when we went 3-0 up and could have scored a few more while he praised the team for the second half in which we created absolutely nothing and held on to win 3-0.

Rodgers got us into Top fives because we had a great team and still had a winning mentality. It was not because of him. In fact, he made us choke with his negative mindset not just in terms of tactics but also regularly talking the team down in the media to make himself look good to get them the Top five. Yes, even I was fond of him for the first season and was willing to give him time after the first, though I started to complain and grew frustrated about him for his blindspots (eg. not playing our top goal contributor Nachos; not playing Mendy), while still hoping he would change. But in hindsight he was a fraud and he was never going to change.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

Be a good idea for people on here to stop overrating managers , the Fergusons of this world are rare indeed. Rodgers is nothing like as good as many on here thought and I think he knows that himself. He is however a chancer of the highest class and a very astute businessman. His political skills are finely tuned and he manages to convince the gullible he is the man to turn your team around. He will do it again I am sure. Said it before , do not give managers long term contracts , they need to be sackable in short order.

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Those problems were only caused because Top lost the game of poker that it looks like Brendan played. IF rodgers was orchestrating the £10m clause, the how foolish was it to hand over that jackpot.

Rodgers didn't fail, his time here was a success. 12 months ago, he was given zero £'s to buy players until he sold fofana. The squad that went into september was weaker that what finished last season. Can you imagine the outrage had klop or pepe was given that scenario. Rodgers didn't complain, infact, he regularly made the point of saying he had a great working relationship with the owners and that effectively, it was what it was. According to rodgers, soyuncu wasn't putting the effort in, that was a big blow regards the defence, thus leaking goals krept in and confidence took a bashing, then snowballed. Had rodgers been given funds in the summer, and brought kristensen, souttar and tete then, would we have had a relegation fight? I think not.

Agreed, Top, rodgers and the players are to blame. So, lets hear you critisize the players and Top equally as much as rodgers? No one was calling for Top or any player to be sackek prior to the 4-0 thumping of florest. Bizare world.

I don't believe Ranierie won the league. When he arrived, he sat down with Shakey and shakes told raneirie that they had just built something at the end of the previous season, and that it was worth taking forward. Ranierie agreed and added his thing to it. So it was a combined effort by pearson, Shakes and Rani as to why we won the PL. Further to that, the 11 that we all know started the games, only Okazaki was brought here by Rani. ****s arrived as Nigel left, Kante was in the pipeline and eventually signed after Rani arrived. Everyone else was either Pearson or Sven. In the summer after the title, Rani decided to alter things to something more intune with his own style and a few months later got the sack.

Rodgers has gone, he no longer is at city - be fair to him, but move on.

So rodgers set a bar of 5th and he must not finish 6th because that is failure. Thats incredibly harsh.

Last 12 months has been a rollercoaster, can't remember puel winning 4-0 and 4-2 away, 4-0 and 4-1 at home ever except peterborough away 5-1.