Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's now linked with the Celtic job.

Can't imagine they'll be too happy with him returning.

How his reputation has been hit; from being actively linked with Arsenal and Spurs to now not even interviewed for Spurs with everyone rejecting them. 

They would take him back. I could mange Celtic to win their league. I watch rangers and we need to get Fashion Sakala he is like Daka with skill (also Zambian)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it would be hilarious if Rodgers returns to Celtic. Their fans got really salty about him leaving and that he was a snake. In a way they were correct about him having success in the first few years.

I wouldn’t imagine there’s any Celtic fan who wants him back. Even Ange is getting abuse for having the temerity to want to leave after winning the treble!!!

Edited by Wortho

I would be amazed if any club that Rodgers has previously managed would welcome him back with the exception of Swansea as he created chaos and agitation with the clubs hierarchies at Liverpool, Celtic and at Leicester. He would certainly have some bridges to rebuild at Celtic for him to go back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Are Celtic's board as stupid as our board? My condolences to our friends up north if they are.

Unlikely I would have thought - our lot would somehow got us relegated from the SPL on last seasons performances - shambolic doesn’t sufficiently cover it 

I can see him going back, he'll probably look to go back to try and reedem his cv after his Leicester stint. Probably thinks going to Celtic and winning the Scottish Pub League will get him being linked to the top jobs again.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Are Celtic's board as stupid as our board? My condolences to our friends up north if they are.

In fairness he's bound to win a few titles over there - they could employ Laurel and Hardy and probably still win the treble again.

It would be really funny to see him crawl back there though. What a decline that would be after him being linked with the two Manchester jobs and a phantom job in Spain for 3 years.

Despite the best efforts of some of his friends in the media, it seems he's been found out for what he is amongst chairmen and boards across the country. The ones who matter.

It'll be very interesting to see if he risks taking over a struggling Premier League team next season. That'd really be him finished for a good while at the top level if he got relegated. 

I do wonder how much us actually going down in the end has affected his rep. If we'd just managed to survive I think the whole "two 5th places and a cup" narrative might hold out a bit better. Now it'll always be he led them to being relegated in his last season. No matter how hard he tries to convince everyone otherwise.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Interestingly on TalkSport yesterday they were interviewing a Celtic fan with regards to Ange leaving. They asked on their thoughts regarding Brendan’s potential return and her response was to laugh and say with Ange it was always Celtic, Celtic, Celtic where as with Rodgers it was Brendan, Brendan, Brendan. Amazing how the fans of his former clubs see it so clearly but his media mates can’t.

Reading their forum though this morning and many seem open minded to him going back. I suppose when you’re in a one team league then it doesn’t really matter on the pedigree of manager does it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Despite the best efforts of some of his friends in the media, it seems he's been found out for what he is amongst chairmen and boards across the country. The ones who matter.

It'll be very interesting to see if he risks taking over a struggling Premier League team next season. That'd really be him finished for a good while at the top level if he got relegated. 

I do wonder how much us actually going down in the end has affected his rep. If we'd just managed to survive I think the whole "two 5th places and a cup" narrative might hold out a bit better. Now it'll always be he led them to being relegated in his last season. No matter how hard he tries to convince everyone otherwise.

I'd argue that it would have damaged his reputation more if we had stayed up under Dean Smith. Despite Smith having a better points per game ratio this season, us going down probably plays into the narrative of 'it's not Brendan's fault, no one could save them'. I obviously wanted us o stay up for Leicester City first and foremost, but the next best reason was not having to hear any 'I told you so' over Rodgers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andy W said:

They would take him back. I could mange Celtic to win their league. I watch rangers and we need to get Fashion Sakala he is like Daka with skill (also Zambian)

Most Rangers fans would drive Fashion Sakala to Leicester gift wrapped for you. Have a look on their forums to see what they think of him.

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Most Rangers fans would drive Fashion Sakala to Leicester gift wrapped for you. Have a look on their forums to see what they think of him.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/sakala-goal-return.243271/

Jist of this is he's a squad player at best in their minds. Not a player to get you out a league like the championship.

33 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Could be another Tete lol 

• Haha 1