Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

On 29/05/2023 at 01:45, Aus Fox said:

The problems at this club are way bigger than Rodgers - you simply cannot at this level go into a season with 1/3 of your first team squad out of contract at the end of the season.

You cannot survive without investment in the playing squad and one player coming in was never good enough.

We knew last season beyond the starting 11 the team was rubbish - but no investment is why we are where we are.

Our team was not rubbish. I see that you have a soft spot for Rodgers and remained optimistic that we survive until the very end, but our team was not rubbish. But you cannot play football when we keep selecting 7 or 8 mediocre defensive players on the pitch at once, which often happens with Rodgers. We have Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy, Barnes, Daka, Nachos, Perez, Mendy, Praet … how often have we seen more than 4 of them on the pitch at the same time? Rather than play to our strengths and play attacking football with better players, we instead choose to play more defensive players (especially Ndidi) even though they are mediocre. We saw how good Nachos was for us - but he only started like 13 games for us! We saw how much better Mendy was compared to Ndidi but he started less than a handful of games. Perez and Praet are better attacking players than Faes and Amartey are as defenders, yet they barely played. Soyuncu was frozen out. Ward kept playing. Our team is not rubbish - our team selection was and this is the frustration.

We have the most expensive squad in history to go down.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We have the most expensive squad in history to go down.

That really doesn't say much, reasonable chance the same may happen again next season and the season after if prices of players keep going up.

Bit like the government claiming they're spending more on the NHS than Labour ever did.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

How about having the 7th highest wage bill and getting relegated though?

We majorly underperformed and Rodgers’ negative PR spin was the main catalyst for this.

Imagine at work your boss keeps telling you that you’re shit….you’re eventually going to start thinking that way and here we are.

Thanks Simon. You called Rodgers out for a while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Nah, whatever people say about us needing to get over what this man did to our club, things keep popping up to remind us of just how badly he destroyed everything we held dear.

DAVID. EFFING. MOYES. Is a European Champion. Without even lifting a finger. In a competition this pumped-up David Brent claimed he didn't even know we dropped into by bottling the Europa League.

He went on to bottle it. West Ham took it seriously and won the whole damn thing in second gear. I'm livid.

I hate Brendan Rodgers with a passion. He's done as much damage to this club as Peter Taylor. For everyone saying 'get over it', if you really love this club you should recognise that the scars he has had a huge part in carving run so deep that it's going to take years to recover.

I massively agree with most of what you've said but not sure why Moyes winning it is relevant? He's a good manager.

5 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Nah, whatever people say about us needing to get over what this man did to our club, things keep popping up to remind us of just how badly he destroyed everything we held dear.

DAVID. EFFING. MOYES. Is a European Champion. Without even lifting a finger. In a competition this pumped-up David Brent claimed he didn't even know we dropped into by bottling the Europa League.

He went on to bottle it. West Ham took it seriously and won the whole damn thing in second gear. I'm livid.

I hate Brendan Rodgers with a passion. He's done as much damage to this club as Peter Taylor. For everyone saying 'get over it', if you really love this club you should recognise that the scars he has had a huge part in carving run so deep that it's going to take years to recover.

Well said! I think we should ban all the Brendan topics and move on. I am angry when I hear or see his name.we we’re well and truly screwed over with his antics.

16 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Thank **** someone else actually sounds like they ****ing care on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Ooof. This cuts deep.

Peter Taylor will always be remembered for destroying the squad he inherited.

Brendan Rodgers shall never be forgotten for destroying his own ****ing squad.

• Like 4

Close this ****ing thread.

As a club we've become craven to looking backwards and lamenting and naval gazing.

He's gone. **** him. Move forward and forget.

This is like leaving shitty comments on old photographs of your ex on Facebook. Cathartic for a day or two but ultimately pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I hate Brendan Rodgers with a passion. He's done more damage to this club than Peter Taylor. For everyone saying 'get over it', if you really love this club you should recognise that the scars he has had a huge part in carving run so deep that it's going to take years to recover.

Corrected.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Close this ****ing thread.

As a club we've become craven to looking backwards and lamenting and naval gazing.

He's gone. **** him. Move forward and forget.

This is like leaving shitty comments on old photographs of your ex on Facebook. Cathartic for a day or two but ultimately pathetic. 

Even that it lasts for a while. Come on, it is ok. We are not even at the start of the Championship season yet. We are allowed to grief and then move on. To not only dropped the ball when safely in our hands for two seasons in row (the CL choke seasons), then to actually drop into the Championship playing in relegation form for a good 18 months or so, by constantly choosing himself over the team (talking down the team etc in media etc - refer to Simon Jordan clip above) and by instilling absolutely loser mentality into a team with great attacking players telling them not to play football (and through poor team non-selection), etc), it is the biggest choke ever in history. It takes time to ruin things and it takes time to grief before we heal.

But I agree eventually we need to move on. And I really hope if we want to savage anything from the success we had we retain some of our senior players like Vardy, Albrighton and Evans. I hope Kasper comes back. We can’t just refresh with all new players - to build the winning culture we used to have takes years; but I assume we want an immediate bounceback.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

This.

Precisely what the **** has Brendan Rodgers won in his life that would lead him to not take a European competition seriously. 

22 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

This.

Precisely what the **** has Brendan Rodgers won in his life that would lead him to not take a European competition seriously. 

Exactly, that run in the Conference League was the highlight of a drab season with the ties with Randers, Rennes and PSV. 

Without it we had a crash out of the EL, an exit to Liverpool kids in the league cup, a battering at Forest in the FA cup and a late scramble to rescue a top half finish in the league. Oh as well as becoming a meme for defensive howlers and shipping a set piece goal a game!

The competition was exciting and as shown by West Ham, due to the quality of the PL, even a side of their standard and ours as it was, it was a winnable competition so that feeling that came from the club that it was beneath us was frustrating. 

On 07/06/2023 at 00:33, Tom12345 said:

Thanks Simon. You called Rodgers out for a while.

The same bloke that constantly appointed and sacked managers at Palac lol If there's one man that can't judge a manager it's him.