Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

I'd say 80% of this fall from grace is down to him!

Hope the club learns from this, never understood why he was give a 5 year deal? On about £10 million a year?

I can understand why top might of agreed it, we were looking very good at the time and were trying to kill the possible interest from arsenal. But I never understand why managers are given such long contracts unless they are at a top top club.

Surely the team the man builds is better than the man that built it, look at Brighton!

Why not go 2 or 3 years on top money, if we'd carried on succeeding it would be worth it (and it was until after the FA cup) if he leaves its disappointing but not a disaster, but if it turns bad very quick then it becomes a disaster. I blame top very little, the only blame is that he showed too much loyalty to the poison dwarf! 

Tops suffering, the players that stay are suffering, we are suffering!

There's only one person that really isn't!!!

• Like 3

On 29/05/2023 at 12:18, peterborofox said:

When one day we play against him, I cannot wait to hear all the boos and grief he gets. Thoroughly deserved too.

I don't think I'd like to acknowledge him at all. I'd like us to spank his team, then start singing "we haven't been helped we have been helped **** u Rogers we've done it ourselves"

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't think I'd like to acknowledge him at all. I'd like us to spank his team, then start singing "we haven't been helped we have been helped **** u Rogers we've done it ourselves"

I enjoyed the ‘your football is shite’ chant from the Chelsea game. Just sing that to him whilst we batter his next collection of feeble minded ball hoggers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lcfceed said:

Thats some bizare logic, 3 fantastic seasons, then the club doesn't back him, even miracle workers need some help.

The club doesn't back him lol

Leicester had the highest wage bill and most expensive squad of any team ever relegated from the Premier League. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Hope the club learns from this, never understood why he was give a 5 year deal? On about £10 million a year?

I can understand why top might of agreed it, we were looking very good at the time and were trying to kill the possible interest from arsenal. But I never understand why managers are given such long contracts unless they are at a top top club.

Surely the team the man builds is better than the man that built it, look at Brighton!

Why not go 2 or 3 years on top money, if we'd carried on succeeding it would be worth it (and it was until after the FA cup) if he leaves its disappointing but not a disaster, but if it turns bad very quick then it becomes a disaster. I blame top very little, the only blame is that he showed too much loyalty to the poison dwarf! 

I often wonder where we'd be if he simply played iversen ,ihenacho, and soyuncu. Those were great failings.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lcfceed said:

Thats some bizare logic, 3 fantastic seasons, then the club doesn't back him, even miracle workers need some help.

2 half fantastic seasons (start of 2019/20 and 2020/21), 2 bad half seasons in the same years, a bang average to poor season last season and a crime against football this season. 

Not sure where you get 3 from…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wanted the pricks out after losing to Norwich away 1 nil, glad we didn't as we went on to win the FA cup.

But the writing was on the wall, ****in useless **** I knew he would  put us in decline, but not this bad that he'd get us relegated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Wanted the pricks out after losing to Norwich away 1 nil, glad we didn't as we went on to win the FA cup.

But the writing was on the wall, ****in useless **** I knew he would  put us in decline, but not this bad that he'd get us relegated.

I honestly think we would've still won the FA cup. That final was won by Tielemans and Schmeichel masterclasses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Are they? I can't think of an instance apart from this absolute shitshow. Think Pardew got some ridiculously long one at Newcastle but the amount Brendan was paid was absolutely absurd.

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I honestly think we would've still won the FA cup. That final was won by Tielemans and Schmeichel masterclasses 

The Norwich defeat was the season before so we needed his patient sideways backwards passing bollocks. Just hoping the opposition make a mistake or the players do something off the cuff.

On 28/05/2023 at 23:49, trabuch said:

It disgusts me that people are blaming Top. I know you think he has the "final" say on stuff. But his Dad died right by us, after - ****ing miraculously by all accounts, having won us the biggest prize in our history.
And then along comes Brendan ****ing Rodgers. And he nearly gets us to the CL - TWICE (thanks Puel ). He gets a good contract. Deservedly so (maybe). But it will be hard to sack him. And then BR starts acting like a ****. Slagging off the board and the fans. Knowing that after Covid we can't afford to sack him. Or wanting us to sack him, so he can go and suckle on the teat of the big 6 where he rightly belongs. Massive massive ****.. He wasn't managing us in the end. He was managing his reputation. He's utter filth.

I really worry the overwhelming majority of our fans hold this view of Top and our board. Frightening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" we couldn't afford to sack him"

Why did we sack him then?

Top absolutely deserves ****ing criticism. His statement was like a petulant child.

Before the last couple of years I don't think I've ever done anything but praise and support whoever is at the club. Manager or players. Despite how shit they've been.

But this has been sheer and utter incompetence, and the attitude towards us as supporters has actually been digsusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He'd love to get them promoted at our expense 

His ego wouldn't allow him to drop down to the championship.

• Like 1