Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigDann

Thanks Brendan ..... you useless f....

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I honestly think we would've still won the FA cup. That final was won by Tielemans and Schmeichel masterclasses

The biggest credit Rodgers has for it is playing strong sides and respecting the competition which many managers don’t do and suffer upsets. We didn’t get spoon fed an easy draw with Stoke and Brentford away being our ‘easiest’ rounds.

But yes the players won that final, taking off all our attacking threat would have cost us the game had Chilwell cut his toe nails properly!

If he was an elite manager as people suggested he wouldn’t have behaved in such a spiteful way! I firmly believe that either he isn’t as good as he makes out and his methods and man management skills wound the playing squad up  and created cliques or he simply thought I’m going to run this ship aground! It’s unbelievable how we have gone from playing some of the best attacking football two seasons ago to this seasons malaise! 

He is the ultimate divide and conquer merchant! Whispering in the ears of his favourites and telling people one thing and doing another! 

I reckon he drove Kasper out the club as he saw him as a threat to him in the popularity stakes!

Overall His stint has eventually sucked any fun and enjoyment out of being a professional footballer or aspiring to be one - look at the various youth teams!  To think he was a youth team coach at Chelsea as well! 

• Like 3

Yes he turned out to be a complete toss pot when he didn't get his own way.

I do recall however that when we signed him, he was the fans first choice!

Should we not also take some of the blame?

Now we know what he is like would will still have made him first choice at that time?

As I have said before we need to be careful what we wish for and not wear rose tinted glasses.

I feel that whilst the board should carry some off the blame for not sacking him earlier, it is he and he alone I feel that led to our demise.

Good riddance to him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I really worry the overwhelming majority of our fans hold this view of Top and our board. Frightening.

As we don't know what the executives were even saying to Top ,all we can say is rodgers was the cause , he and his agenda sabotaged the team. 

Top was a fool for not acting. Now he's suffering more than us. Having lost millions. Top is just the son of a billionaire. Seems like a nice guy but clearly a mug when it comes to business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers takes a lot of the blame for the decline, but to allow him to continue and take the piss is unforgivable as well.

The inability to sell players, the £94k a week average wage, all contributing to this hideous mess that's on the doorstep of others that Top has empowered. Whether they've let him down or he's been the driving force remains to be seen but he has to act now and make huge changes. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned he can do one an'all.

Ric , can I just say that I do enjoy listening to you on the podcast. Anyway , onwards and upwards. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

2 half fantastic seasons (start of 2019/20 and 2020/21), 2 bad half seasons in the same years, a bang average to poor season last season and a crime against football this season. 

Not sure where you get 3 from…

On the back of that drivel from Puel, finishing 5th twice and fa cup were half fantastic. Yes, 8th, q/f league cup and a european semi-final, bange average that. They talk up Brighton for finishing 6th as being brilliant, but thats bang average... would bang average be 10th 11th? 5th round of cups?

2 hours ago, lcfceed said:

On the back of that drivel from Puel, finishing 5th twice and fa cup were half fantastic. Yes, 8th, q/f league cup and a european semi-final, bange average that. They talk up Brighton for finishing 6th as being brilliant, but thats bang average... would bang average be 10th 11th? 5th round of cups?

With all respect, this reads as though from a pundit who doesn’t watch our games and passes opinion based on league position.

My views are based on the context around what has happened.

Those first two seasons, yes 5th is fantastic. But the way the seasons went, they were separate halves. The first halves, particularly the first of those seasons, I actually think fantastic is an understatement as we were better than that. Second halves were poor. 

Last season cannot be passed off as fantastic by any metric unless you are Rodgers or his mum! 8th is a good finish, not fantastic. We got battered at Forest and out of the league cup to Liverpool juniors. I enjoyed the European run as much as anyone but you conveniently leave out the shambles in the actual Europa League before Christmas? In terms of the league, we beat two already relegated sides and Southampton (look at them this season) in the last 4 games. It made things look better than they were and those of us who look more widely into it could see this season coming a mile off!

And I just struggle to comprehend that you call Puel’s time drivel but class last season as fantastic! I assume you only class this season as good? Last season we became a literal meme about our defence and particularly set piece. Most measures put us closer to relegation than where we finished but we were pulled through by individuals such as Maddison and Barnes.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

With all respect, this reads as though from a pundit who doesn’t watch our games and passes opinion based on league position.

My views are based on the context around what has happened.

Those first two seasons, yes 5th is fantastic. But the way the seasons went, they were separate halves. The first halves, particularly the first of those seasons, I actually think fantastic is an understatement as we were better than that. Second halves were poor. 

Last season cannot be passed off as fantastic by any metric unless you are Rodgers or his mum! 8th is a good finish, not fantastic. We got battered at Forest and out of the league cup to Liverpool juniors. I enjoyed the European run as much as anyone but you conveniently leave out the shambles in the actual Europa League before Christmas? In terms of the league, we beat two already relegated sides and Southampton (look at them this season) in the last 4 games. It made things look better than they were and those of us who look more widely into it could see this season coming a mile off!

And I just struggle to comprehend that you call Puel’s time drivel but class last season as fantastic! I assume you only class this season as good? Last season we became a literal meme about our defence and particularly set piece. Most measures put us closer to relegation than where we finished but we were pulled through by individuals such as Maddison and Barnes.

Are you a journalist that doesn't watch the games lol

Was the second season a fantastic one? bare in mind that we achieved more than the first.

3rd season, we were riddled with injuries, were forced to play an unfit Soyuncu away somewhere came off 14mins, ricardo started and wasn't fit, one half, sometimes managers play players for reasons you cannot workout, thus not great performance, qualification is the aim. Brendan was trying to compete in everything, it is not easy. Absolute abysmal v forest, shocking, Brendan said some months ago that he made a mistake not starting KDH who at the time was brilliant, but saved him from potential injury.

i think you're whinging for whinge sake, not just about the shit stuff.

Puel was happy to draw 0-0, we never played front attacking football, rarely scored. Under Brendan, we played possesion attractive football for the most part, scored goals for fun, 5 at Man City. The difference in play was night n day. Leicester have never played the football Brendan brought to the club in the same amount of consistency.

The media are shit pundits, always lieing about us, sometimes the truth. Just because they say something, doesn't make it true, their job is to woo you, don't fall for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lcfceed said:

Was the second season a fantastic one? bare in mind that we achieved more than the first.

3rd season, we were riddled with injuries, were forced to play an unfit Soyuncu away somewhere came off 14mins, ricardo started and wasn't fit, one half, sometimes managers play players for reasons you cannot workout, thus not great performance, qualification is the aim. Brendan was trying to compete in everything, it is not easy. Absolute abysmal v forest, shocking, Brendan said some months ago that he made a mistake not starting KDH who at the time was brilliant, but saved him from potential injury.

i think you're whinging for whinge sake, not just about the shit stuff.

Puel was happy to draw 0-0, we never played front attacking football, rarely scored. Under Brendan, we played possesion attractive football for the most part, scored goals for fun, 5 at Man City. The difference in play was night n day. Leicester have never played the football Brendan brought to the club in the same amount of consistency.

The media are shit pundits, always lieing about us, sometimes the truth. Just because they say something, doesn't make it true, their job is to woo you, don't fall for it.

Not sure if you’re being deliberately ironic given you are literally parroting what the media line is…

I have quite literally stated the the overall achievements were fantastic those two years albeit that half of those seasons were really poor. However, you seem to be plucking a third ‘fantastic season’ from thin air! 

i think you're whinging for whinge sake, not just about the shit

Not ‘whinging’ about anything. Just commented for discussion as you seem to be massively inflating reality. It’s observations on the fact that after the initial improvement from Puel’s time, it was worse year on year in terms of performances and results. 

Under Brendan, we played possesion attractive football for the most part, scored goals for fun, 5 at Man City. The difference in play was night n day. Leicester have never played the football Brendan brought to the club in the same amount of consistency.

Again, we are not in 2019 anymore. Everything in this paragraph was true for those two first halves of the seasons we finished 5th. Since new year 2021, we have seen none of this. We’ve got worse and worse. Scoring 4 goals away at Wolves with our only 4 shots on goal is down to being clinical and the quality of our players as I said before, not down to quality attacking football. The possession based stuff is pure dirt! 

The media are shit pundits, always lieing about us, sometimes the truth. Just because they say something, doesn't make it true, their job is to woo you, don't fall for it

Really not sure what you’re trying to get at here as like I say, you are the one sounding like one of said pundits from the media!

And on Puel, he left the club in a healthier position than he found it. He did the hard work creating a younger squad ready for success. He was not the one who could realise this but he put the work in. Rodgers has left us in the same or worse position as we were in 2010! 

It is not just about managers who have won a trophy with us being the only ones worth a damn and the rest being crap. You sound like someone who has only been around since 2016!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He poisoned the club and Smith's antidote was sadly too late. We won't be building him a statue.  Even Clode was better liked at the end.

If Rodgers was judged purely on this awful season he would be down there with Peter Taylor.

18 hours ago, lcfceed said:

For me, I think the difference is that our top 5 finishes were somewhat flawed, daft thinking on the surface because I know, the table doesn't lie!

Yet, I think that at the start of those seasons, our squad, in comparison to our counterparts, had the requisite players who,  under a decent manager 'should' have been able to secure top 5. However, let's not kid ourselves, unlike Brighton now, some of the football we played was extremely poor, dull and frustrating. I think we flattered to deceive as many of the points we actually gained were from individual moments of skill or brilliance and not by good team performances, that for me papered over the cracks and some of the opposition was poor also.

I personally don't think we never looked like a top 5 team, there was a lot of good fortune involved and that can't last forever. Last season, if we took away the 9 end of season points against poor, already or nearly relegated sides, there was a true reflection of where we were and the writing was clearly on the wall for all that 'wanted' to see.

Brighton however, have not only achieved the points, but bar the odd aberration, have done so by playing some fairly exciting, organised, good to watch football. 

• Like 1