Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

First Game of 2023/2024 - Fixtures out 22nd June

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm not sure we could play at home on the Saturday as it's the Caribbean carnival.

Pretty sure the police & Council would object to us being at home on that day.

They did last year... yet if this expansion does happen then they'll have to get used to it 

Home to Sheff Wed first day. 

Away at Huddersfield Boxing Day. 

Away to Birmingham final day. 

These aren't guesses by the way. These are SOLID GOLD FACTS.

My uncle used to live on the same street as Scotty Taylor.

Need I say any more?

I think not.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Wouldn’t say it’s a banker we are a Friday. Sky will want a game on the Sunday where traditionally super Sunday would be 

Exactly- sky will want us as the biggest name or Leeds as the biggest supported team out of the three teams that dropped to kick off the season 

Contrary to what many think on here, sky aren’t looking for trouble so will probably make us Sunday pre community shield 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

They did last year... yet if this expansion does happen then they'll have to get used to it 

Or we could just request to be away that weekend, like how Cheltenham never play at home the week of the festival.

Unless you mean in terms of just number of attendees, but it's the split across two sites that's the issue 

Re: TV Scheduling - Everyone talking about TV games. What schedules have TV got rights to? 

I do believe a new contract has been agreed though - so perhaps there will be more coverage from next season? :dunno: 

I said a few weeks ago being in the Premier League puts you in this bubble - not necessarily a good one, I think you definitely become a more knowledge and more aware of the wider football world outside the Premier League.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is over the last few years I’ve hardly noticed any Championship coverage on TV, the odd Friday night but didn’t notice it on that often? I mainly noticed midweek coverage and red button but that part of the league schedule anyway.

Edited by Matt

28 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Or we could just request to be away that weekend, like how Cheltenham never play at home the week of the festival.

Unless you mean in terms of just number of attendees, but it's the split across two sites that's the issue 

Without this sounding funny.

Police, police the town and the ground throughout the day, what's the difference? We've had an increase amount of OB at games due to us being abit naughty recently. 

What's the difference in the two? 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Re: TV Scheduling - Everyone talking about TV games. What schedules have TV got rights to? 

I do believe a new contract has been agreed though - so perhaps there will be more coverage from next season? :dunno: 

I said a few weeks ago being in the Premier League puts you in this bubble - not necessarily a good one, I think you definitely become a more knowledge and more aware of the wider football world outside the Premier League.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is over the last few years I’ve hardly noticed any Championship coverage on TV, the odd Friday night but didn’t notice it on that often? I mainly noticed midweek coverage and red button but that part of the league schedule anyway.

Usually Friday nights, a Saturday 12:30, combined with the odd Sunday I believe?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Without this sounding funny.

Police, police the town and the ground throughout the day, what's the difference? We've had an increase amount of OB at games due to us being abit naughty recently. 

What's the difference in the two? 

The police don't need to stay in town during the match. 40000 people in one place requires a smaller headcount to adequately police than 30k in one place and 10k a mile or two away 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Plenty of Friday night 8pm games (when PL isn't on due to Europe, perhaps). 

2nd half of the season had a fair few Sundays. And sometimes there'll be a 12.30 or a 5.30 on Saturday. 

The new deal is from 24/25 so the extra games we hopefully won't be in contention for! 

• Like 1