Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Sh*t happens let's get over it...put our big boy and girl pants on and go again

All those saying that the fans could have prevented this if we’d made enough fuss - where is the evidence for that?  Arsenal fans wanted Wenger gone for years.  Newcastle campaigned against Mike Ashley for years.  Man U fans can’t stand the Glasiers.  
The fans will get a say in things like whether drinks can be bought online, or whether they clappers should exist etc, but the big decisions are made by people with lots of money in fancy boardrooms.  The fans have no influence at all.  

We all boo’ed Amartey week in week out, and he still played. 

Who or whatever is to blame for our relegation, it’s certainly not us!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

One of the big problems is that a lot of fans accepted our fate.

At other clubs, there'd have been uproar.

We're happy to have experienced the top flight and go "ah well, nice while it lasted"

Luton, Bournemouth and Forest are in the Premier League and we aren't lol

To drive change through protest you need to have something to shout at someone who will listen, we only have the former.

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Foxes never quit… FFS…

We’ve just quit. This season

Accept that a number of us saw the writing on the wall a long time ago (not in terms of being relegated but in terms of shitness) and whilst many have been simply refusing to accept it, we’ve been sliding down a slippery slope for 18 months.

Thats what grates the most. Whilst daft kids were posting pictures of Dan Amartey on here, Leicester were clearly struggling and yet nothing was done about it. 
This didn’t have to happen, yet many act like it did.

So so frustrating. 

You even sneaked Amartey into this post :clap:

24 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

So you obviously don't care that the club has been run into the ground? 

Of course I care you melt but what good does it do me crying myself to sleep and stressing about what has now happened?

Guest Mee-9
37 minutes ago, mod hero said:

My parents owned a paper shop.

until it blew away

I don’t agree with that in the workplace.

Just now, weller54 said:

Would have preferred him over lazy, halfhearted, disgraceful excuse of a human being Tielemans this season!! 🤬

I think me or you could have done better then that shite, at least we would tackle or foul the opposition 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, southfox66 said:

That's all well and good, but the era we have experienced since we came back will never happen again, we had the chance to establish ourselves as a top half of the table team challenging for European football, now we go back to been the Leicester of old, up and down where survival in the premier League if we ever get back any time soon will always be our main target. In short for all the success we had, we went and blew it :(

You're right and Gary Linekar called it at the start of the season

I’m sorry, but I’ll need to stay angry about this for a few months yet and I’m not ready to just get over it!! 

At some point I’ll return with renewed enthusiasm as I always have over the last 35 years or so supporting this club. But it will be a while and, at the moment, I just need to be left with my utter angry and frustration. 

Brendan, the team AND the board sucked the joy out of this season for me. Shit does happen, but it didn’t have to. It is what it is now though and we have just got to get on with it. 

Amazing, though, that fans on a forum could see what highly paid ‘professionals’ could not. A sad observation. 

Terri Clark's lyrics seem apt

"I'm still mad at you this morning
Coffee's ready if you want some
I've been up since 5
Thinking about me and you
And I've got to tell you
The conclusion I've come to

I'll never leave, I'll never stray
My love for you will never change
But I ain't ready to make up or get around to that
I think I'm right I think your wrong
I'll probably give in before long