Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Don't see Maguire as one of the world's most-talented defender, and he probably even knows that, and has very likely felt a lot of pressure from his hefty transfer deal fee.

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

And seems rather surprised and shocked by it .

Surely means he is off .

Not sure what he is supposed to say?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Langston said:

That's a great move from Sky, Simon Thomas is brilliant. Great to see him back full time, too.

Iirc, he has been through a tough time in his personal life in recent times.

Always found him to be professional.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

With all Wolves FFP nonsense, how badly run is the club that they signed Matheus Cunha with a permanent buy clause if he played three matches. Is this FFP manipulation that allowed them to essentially sign him in January but shift the spend to the 23/24 season?

They played a seriously bizarre transfer policy the last few years, so many flopping forwards!

Whatevs though, they’re still in the Prem :dunno:

Burnley have done an interesting thing with home tickets this season.

Opened every single game up at once this morning and allowed members to purchase as many as they wish.

I guess it might cause a few issues down the line when games are re-arranged. But seems a great option for fans who want to commit to games they know they'll be able to go to but can't commit to a season ticket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

With all Wolves FFP nonsense, how badly run is the club that they signed Matheus Cunha with a permanent buy clause if he played three matches. Is this FFP manipulation that allowed them to essentially sign him in January but shift the spend to the 23/24 season?

They played a seriously bizarre transfer policy the last few years, so many flopping forwards!

Whatevs though, they’re still in the Prem :dunno:

Seems as though Mendes brokered the Gyorkaraes transfer to Sporting also, so expect to see him in a Wolves shirt next season after a year in Portugal.

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Burnley have done an interesting thing with home tickets this season.

Opened every single game up at once this morning and allowed members to purchase as many as they wish.

I guess it might cause a few issues down the line when games are re-arranged. But seems a great option for fans who want to commit to games they know they'll be able to go to but can't commit to a season ticket. 

I imagine this is probably alright because they don’t ever really sell out games

Would be pretty crap if another team did it that sells out regularly and tickets are hard to get already though

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine this is probably alright because they don’t ever really sell out games

Would be pretty crap if another team did it that sells out regularly and tickets are hard to get already though

I guess it at least adds value to the membership cost? Read a few replies saying they’d got 5 games or something and that it made it worth getting membership, so some must have struggled last time they were up for general sale tickets 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Kerkez, possibly borges….  By the time we get back to the prem B’mouth are going to be a very good team arent they? 

They're very dynamic behind the scenes. I rated their January highly and they've only pushed on since then 

Gerrard, Fowler, Firmino, likely to be followed by Henderson and Fabinho for the sportswashing cash.

The preachiest fan base in football facing the prospect that their heroes are just the same as everyone else's despite the Shankly quotes.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

They're very dynamic behind the scenes. I rated their January highly and they've only pushed on since then 

Shouldn’t be a surprise really. It’s been easy to typecast them with the Boelhy sort. However they know how to build - the owner took a NHL brand new franchise and had them challenging within a year.