Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I thought the second one for Fulham was definitely a pen tbh, Alan Smith saying "he didn't know Wilson was there" as if it's some justification for bringing him down lol

How they gave the first Fulham one I don't know though. The Wolves player gets a touch on the ball and makes minimal if not zero contact with the Fulham player.

People can't really want that headbutt to be a red card lol Good for Kilman for not overreacting too much, but if he did it would've been embarrassing. 

I think you can see why the last pen was given, once he's looked at the video. I think I'd argue it's more a pen than not, you have to be careful in the box as a defender. Obviously attacker has played for it but that's the case for a lot penalties. 

Only caught the last 20 minutes so missed the earlier incidents. 

Its really hard to write this after supporting City for 55 years and living in Nottinghamshire for a good many of them, but I actually hope Forest smash the Everton cheats this weekend. What a season this will be if we break the 100 points, Everton have to pay us £100m in damages, and they are also relegated. That'll be some hat-trick.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is grim. Two current PL players - and one manager - are under investigation for sexual or domestic violence. The allegations against the manager include unlawful sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67508310

Pretty impossible situation for everyone tbh. 

Currently going through similar, one of my family members has been (wrongly) accused of something and been charged after some 10 months of "investigating". Now he has to spend thousands of pounds, several days in court and the emotional stress of dealing with all this crap over the next year or so because of an accusation that is not only outlandish, it's completely mathematically impossible. I can't imagine it being any worse, but I guess if he was forced to not work that would make it so. 

Only have to look at Mendy from man City. How long was he going through all that? 2 years or so? And then found not guilty. 

Innocent until proven guilty should count for everyone, even footballers. Imo the main argument for protecting women should be that the courts, police etc etc take far longer than is needed. More resources needed, not sacking people based on accusations. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is grim. Two current PL players - and one manager - are under investigation for sexual or domestic violence. The allegations against the manager include unlawful sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl.

MP has some cheek asking for suspensions. Half the commons are under investigation and haven't been suspended.

Think it's difficult whilst it's just an investigation. Look at Sigurdsson, never actually charged, was being investigated for 2 years and lost his job. Until actual charges are brought I don't think the clubs should be acting on accusations, unless it's a Greenwood situation where the evidence in the public domain makes their guilt obvious.

I wouldn't use Mendy as an example as firstly he was charged and secondly he's very lucky to be found innocent.

11 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

The allegations against the manager involving a 15 year old girl dating back to the 90s would narrow down the pool of suspects to just a couple. Shocking if found guilty.

9 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

According to the article he was a player in the 90s and thr girl was 15 years old, now a premier league manager. 

It says ‘Premier League boss’. It could be referring to a chairman or CEO, but if that was the case you‘d think they’d make it clear it’s not a serving manager. The story references a second assault on a young woman during a job interview in the late 90s, which would imply that he was in a coaching/managerial capacity at that point (unless it was a player interviewing for a personal assistant or something, which seems less likely). 

Edited to say: apparently it is an owner, not a manager. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1