Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Cooper looked like a distraught character from Lord Of The Rings who hadn’t slept for a fortnight, had sucked on a vinegar bottle then smoked something dodgy…..but then again he did last year and the year before :dunno:

All dressed in designer clobber too. What a simp. Can you imagine Pearson or Ranieri or Shakespeare or Puel or Rodgers or Enzo agreeing to model for . fashion brand every game

23 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Cooper looked like a distraught character from Lord Of The Rings who hadn’t slept for a fortnight, had sucked on a vinegar bottle then smoked something dodgy…..but then again he did last year and the year before :dunno:

The fans probably saved him last time this sort of situation cropped up but might not be enough this time.

I like Maresca and I think his ceiling is high but my god it annoys me watching Villa under Emery. To think we let Rodgers do that to us while he was available. A few on here said it at the time as well. That could be us.

• Like 3

It is incredibly annoying that this laughable Forest team are more than likely going to spawn their way to another year in the top flight, purely because there was a glitch in the matrix and three League One teams got promoted last year instead.

Though the scenes if Luton do pick enough up to pip them will be glorious.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Villa do maintain the run and see out a top 4 finish. Add that to Newcastle and West Ham's achievements last year, showing bottlejob Rodgers it can be done :rolleyes:

I'm not excusing Rodgers at all but the level of investment at Villa and Newcastle is much greater than we made to target a top 4 place. For example, in 2020 our mid season signing to push us on was Wolves' 5th choice CB on loan. As for West Ham, in what way have they achieved anything remotely comparable to our achievements in recent years? If you are talking about them winning the Conference League, compare their run of fixtures in that competition to ours. Roma are on a different level to anyone they played. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

It is incredibly annoying that this laughable Forest team are more than likely going to spawn their way to another year in the top flight, purely because there was a glitch in the matrix and three League One teams got promoted last year instead.

Though the scenes if Luton do pick enough up to pip them will be glorious.

They either go down this season or scrape survival by a gnat's cock before getting fisted on a weekly basis next season, including by us.

Win win.

38 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm not excusing Rodgers at all but the level of investment at Villa and Newcastle is much greater than we made to target a top 4 place. For example, in 2020 our mid season signing to push us on was Wolves' 5th choice CB on loan. As for West Ham, in what way have they achieved anything remotely comparable to our achievements in recent years? If you are talking about them winning the Conference League, compare their run of fixtures in that competition to ours. Roma are on a different level to anyone they played. 

We just about to post something similar, Villa seemed to have spent loads in the last couple of season.  I know they got £100m for Grealish but still...

• Like 1

This is probably the weakest premier league there has been for some time, but it’s going to make for an exciting one. Man City look haggard, I think Pep has probably taken this group as far as he can, they need a complete freshen up I think, last night reminded me of us last season, they just looked stale. 

It’s a genuine title race this season, it’s probably the most competitive it’s been for years and years. Even the bottom of the table looks interesting, my only hope is that Forest stack it.

It gives me hope though, I think we’re better than all of the teams in the bottom six of the premier league, if we go up, and have a solid summer window, we could be in for an exciting rebirth. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't particularly like Villa but if Arsenal finally finished above Man City only to be pipped to the title by Unai Emery I would be absolutely delighted lol

Me too. Slowly warming to Villa, even though Tielemans is there. Would like to see them finish 2nd behind Man City - always liked City after our FA Cup games against them back in the distant past, especially our 4-3 win at Filbo, 43000 in that night I believe. The Kop was bouncing that night. Oh for the good old days.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I like Maresca and I think his ceiling is high but my god it annoys me watching Villa under Emery. To think we let Rodgers do that to us while he was available. A few on here said it at the time as well. That could be us.

We'd have never gone for him, I don't think John Rudkin knows what Spain is.

• Haha 1

I've heard some rumours about what's going on at Forest. Apparently their players have had enough of Cooper. Their squad is well too big do there's of unhappy players not getting gametime and there are suggestions that he's been announcing the starting line-ups on the morning of the game via Whatsapp. 

They looked like they were trying to get rid of their manager last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Forest fans all waxing lyrical about Cooper being "the best manager of their lifetime" etc etc. The standards at the club are so low winning the Championship playoffs against Huddersfield thanks to horrific officials and then surviving in a dreadful PL elevates you to that level. 

Well if they were born after 1996 when Frank Clark was their manager, then he unquestionably is. If they're under age of 30, then he's the best manager they'll be able to have any recollection of. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Well if they were born after 1996 when Frank Clark was their manager, then he unquestionably is. If they're under age of 30, then he's the best manager they'll be able to have any recollection of. 

Yeah absolutely. Let them enjoy their glory years 

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Yeah, it was more of a jibe at how shit they have been for the last 30 years.