Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit mad this, haven't seen any reports of what happened yet however 

Rico Lewis being struck by a lighter on the opening day and now this. I guess as it happened away from the ground, the Premier League has no jurisdiction to punish the club for the behaviour of their (probable) fans, but it's a worrying precedent.

There should probably be thoughts of what sanctions to take against the club should further incidents happen at or nearby their home and away fixtures, including points deductions. Absolutely no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Van Dijk should get an extra ban for the verbals towards the ref. Was clearly a red, swiping Isak's foot to foul him. Not even sure what the complaint is about? 

No doubt Liverpool fans will swiftly forget that Alexander-Arnold survived a 2nd yellow though when berating the ref... 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Van Dijk should get an extra ban for the verbals towards the ref. Was clearly a red, swiping Isak's foot to foul him. Not even sure what the complaint is about? 

No doubt Liverpool fans will swiftly forget that Alexander-Arnold survived a 2nd yellow though when berating the ref... 

Yep when it comes down to it the refs only want to issue cards for the new directives when they don't matter, or probably a second yellow to lower teams that won't cause too much of a fuss in the media. 

Same old same old. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yep when it comes down to it the refs only want to issue cards for the new directives when they don't matter, or probably a second yellow to lower teams that won't cause too much of a fuss in the media. 

Same old same old. 

They are all complaining he should’ve not got a yellow card in the first place ..

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yes absolutely, said this at the time. It's unacceptable.

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Very debatable. He's a good ball carrier and can turn away from players in tight situations, but he veers from 8/10 to 3/10 randomly from game to game and sometimes during. His passing can be very dodgy at times. 

No doubt Pep will mould him better than the likes of Gary O'Neil might....! 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 20:42, ALC Fox said:

Rico Lewis being struck by a lighter on the opening day and now this. I guess as it happened away from the ground, the Premier League has no jurisdiction to punish the club for the behaviour of their (probable) fans, but it's a worrying precedent.

There should probably be thoughts of what sanctions to take against the club should further incidents happen at or nearby their home and away fixtures, including points deductions. Absolutely no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Sad to say re Burnley, but have always thought that it is a vile town full of absolute lowlifes. Easily one of the worst places in the UK, and I'm not in the slightest bit surprised it's their fans being violent scumbags yet again. 

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Football is really starting to hit a low point with fans being absolute twats

Not just a football thing I don’t think. Since the end of Covid there does seem to be a rise in general violence. 

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not just a football thing I don’t think. Since the end of Covid there does seem to be a rise in general violence. 

anti social behaviour, little police can do now without do gooders getting in the way. I was at a ladies match the other week, now violence in ladies match is very rare. But two players ended up scrapping suddenly before you know some of the spectators get involved. Though it was random yobs that turned from nowhere.