Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

38 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Disappointed with Luton thought they’d go hell for leather and the crowd would make Kenilworth road a fortress neither have happened 

Considering all the media waffling on about the ferocious atmosphere and Kenilworth Road,  it was as dead as pretty much every other Premier League ground. Very few grounds in the county has atmosphere anymore. 

9 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Considering all the media waffling on about the ferocious atmosphere and Kenilworth Road,  it was as dead as pretty much every other Premier League ground. Very few grounds in the county has atmosphere anymore. 

On my three visits, I never found Kenilworth Road particularly loud. At our recent League Cup game, it was a bizarre atmosphere

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/supporters-criticise-appalling-chelsea-decision-to-ditch-away-travel-subsidy/

Supporters criticise “appalling” Chelsea decision to ditch away travel subsidy

Posted on 31st August 2023

In the past year Chelsea have broken the British transfer fee twice, paying £105m for Enzo Fernandez and a reported £100m plus add ons for Moises Caicedo. Their playing squad cost somewhere in the region of £1bn to assemble.

Yet the club have pleaded poverty when it comes to helping their own fans by scrapping subsidised away travel for their club’s most loyal supporters. 

A club statement released earlier this week claimed “it was not financially sustainable” to continue to offer a £10 coach travel subsidy. It’s rumoured to have cost the club around £250,000 per season.

Of course many fans elsewhere will look on with envy at a subsidised coach travel offer, but Chelsea are not the only club to offer such deals, and here at the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA) we want to see more of them, not fewer.

Stoke City manage to offer free coach travel in the Championship and they deserve a great deal of credit for that. (What does your club do? Let us know about any subsidised transport options available to you.)

Top-flight teams in particular have huge revenues and there’s a moral edge to this – how do those teams spend that money? The club’s claim that they simply don’t have the cash to help their own fans has been met with a mix of anger and eye-rolling. 

It’s pennies down the back of the sofa in relation to the club’s revenues.

Both Chelsea Supporters Club and Chelsea Supporters Group made clear their disappointment and urged the club to reconsider their decision. 

Chelsea Supporters’ Trust (CST) called the move “appalling” and pointed out that it would hurt younger supporters and those with disabilities – precisely the people football clubs should be doing everything they can to help. 

Hats off to CST who have stepped in and promised to subsidise the upcoming away trip to AFC Bournemouth ensuring fans pay £10 rather than £29. They hope this gives the club time to assess the reaction.

Chelsea Supporters’ Trust
@ChelseaSTrust
·
Follow
Breaking the British transfer record twice in a year is fine, but a £10 subsidised coach is where Chelsea draws the line

▪️ Chelsea to remove domestic away coach subsidy

▪️ CST to subsidise coach for #BOUCHE to highlight the appalling decision & urges CFC to reconsider cutback

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We are where we are

Right, and I accept that.

But some of those newly promoted teams in the Premier League (Luton Town, Sheffield United, even Burnley?) are some of the worse in the league in recent years! Showing no fight, hunger, or desire as you expect them to in front of their fans. Seems second season syndrome is kicking in the first season for all them lot.

17 minutes ago, Iran said:

But some of those newly promoted teams in the Premier League (Luton Town, Sheffield United, even Burnley?) are some of the worse in the league in recent years! Showing no fight, hunger, or desire as you expect them to in front of their fans. Seems second season syndrome is kicking in the first season for all them lot.

I think Sheffield U did well v Man C and Luton had some fight last night .

Not the easiest of starts for any of them really .

Burnley have been hyped up but had City , Villa and today Spurs first up.

Probably get a better gauge of Sheff U today v Everton with some new players .

If they lose badly then no isn’t a good look .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iran said:

I was joking mate

You’re right. The PL isn’t all the media make it out to be. The sides are there on merit, but f**k me it’s such a boring league to be in. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Any idea how many they shifted out? I'm sure they had about 10 first team squad players outside of their 25 last season.

On their official site they show 33 players for the 1st team which don’t include yesterday so 40 players & they certainly haven’t moved on 10 let alone 15

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Iran said:

Honestly makes me cringe that garbage like Luton are in the Premier League while we have to be in the Championship!

This is disrespect mate.

Luton showed some balls and bo11ox and good luck to them.

We all know what happened to us last season so we are were we are.

No use cussing Luton for our own inadequacies