Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

What's worse is it's obviously not even Henderson's words. He's not bright enough or honourable enough to come forward and speak for himself. "To develop my game" is the most obvious and transparent PR firm answer imaginable. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's worse is it's obviously not even Henderson's words. He's not bright enough or honourable enough to come forward and speak for himself. "To develop my game" is the most obvious and transparent PR firm answer imaginable. 

Probably thinks he'll be able to back track years later like he did for being part of the Liverpool team supporting Suarez following the Evra incident.

• Like 1

Reports that the Glazers are planning to retain ownership of MUFC ... because they couldn't extract $6 billion for their club which the market values closer to $2.5 billion.  From espn.com:

Manchester United's valuation on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) plunged by more than £600 million on Tuesday -- its biggest daily percentage drop in value since being listed in 2012 -- amid reports that the Glazer family have shelved plans to sell the club.

After closing at $23.64 a share on Friday, the United stock price fell to $19.35 at close of business on Tuesday -- an 18.15 percent drop.

Reports in England on Sunday said that United owners the Glazer family were considering taking the club off the market after initiating a sale process, including a search for outside investment last November.

INEOS founder Jim Ratcliffe, Britain's richest man and a boyhood United supporter, and Qatari billionaire Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani have both been engaged in a lengthy process to buy the club from the Glazers, but sources have told ESPN that neither has met the American family's £6 billion valuation of the club.

United's market value on the NYSE prior to Tuesday's valuation drop was listed as £3.15 billion, substantially lower than the Glazers' valuation.

And while the team's form on the pitch has seen them lose two of their first four Premier League games this season, the trigger for Tuesday's price plunge is likely to be investors selling off shares amid concerns that the club will not be sold to Ratcliffe or Sheikh Jassim.

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently they had some controversial ones on.

Most will say just get the decisions right and who cares what is said.

They had the Man City one from the weekend and the Wolves from the first game of the season. The other 4 were ones that were all deemed to be correct. 

Havertz v United (pen overturned) 

Zaroury v Man City (yellow upgraded) 

VVD v Newcastle (Red upheld)

Egan v Man City (Handball upheld) 

17 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Who are we to judge what constitutes setting up a family for life though? Sure JH might have been earning £10m for the last four years but that's not monumentally life changing when it equates to around £5.5m after tax.

Sure, there's endorsements, his tax advisor getting some back in image rights etc, but if you've built your life and income to a house, cars, luxuries and potentially supporting family that might well reach a few million a year. Of course he could live like he's on minimum wage and tuck it all away, we know he's not doing that. No-one would do that, no matter how much they claimed they would.

There is a life-changing difference between a £5.5m take home pay after tax per year, and earning (reportedly) £36.4m a year tax free in Saudi, there just is.

Tbh I don't completely disagree with you, neither he or his family would've suffered if he'd stayed and seen out his career at Liverpool, but if his wages are what is being said, you really, really can do a lot more with that money.

He can spend a shitload on cars and truffles and still make multiple generations down the line very comfortable.

What you mean is ensuring that they are able to live in the same obscene luxury he can.

• Like 1

This is quite incredible really. 

https://football-observatory.com/MonthlyReport87

Backing up what I was saying the other day about Forest and I don't understand how their spending is sustainable and I don't just mean about FFP. 

They're one of Europe's biggest losers on net spend in the last decade. DECADE. They've only been back in the Premier League a year and they're up there with Real Madrid on spend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Backing up what I was saying the other day about Forest and I don't understand how their spending is sustainable and I don't just mean about FFP. 

They're one of Europe's biggest losers on net spend in the last decade. DECADE. They've only been back in the Premier League a year and they're up there with Real Madrid on spend. 

It probably isn’t.

They are just hoping to stay up and maybe get new owners eventually?

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've got a problem, reading that whole thing I should be really focusing on the insane amount spent by Premier league clubs compared to the rest of Europe...

Nope I'm focusing on the fact that Rodgers was targeting signings, whilst spending relatively big money for us, from the only age group that is getting less popular to sign players from lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bert said:

They had the Man City one from the weekend and the Wolves from the first game of the season. The other 4 were ones that were all deemed to be correct. 

Havertz v United (pen overturned) 

Zaroury v Man City (yellow upgraded) 

VVD v Newcastle (Red upheld)

Egan v Man City (Handball upheld) 

Replay of it here, if you missed it on TV.