Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pathetic inconsistency from the refs/fourth officials etc. 4 minutes and they were adding on 12 yesterday? Joke.

It's really, really annoying.

Anyone watching would see there was lots of time-wasting by Arsenal. Seven subs as well. 

Ridiculous.

Surely, Derby's 11pt record is in danger this season. Some honking teams in the Premier league. 

Personally, I'm enjoying the Championship, not just because we're doing well so far, more because VAR was nullifying the live experience & it's all geared towards 'The Big 6'. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Surely, Derby's 11pt record is in danger this season. Some honking teams in the Premier league. 

Personally, I'm enjoying the Championship, not just because we're doing well so far, more because VAR was nullifying the live experience & it's all geared towards 'The Big 6'. 

Nope, don't see it.

Different era of football, that.

Luton will get a few 1-0 wins v some of the teams around them.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Two incredibly boring games this afternoon.

It can't be just me who find's most football games at the 'elite', 'top level' dull as dishwater surely?

Hmmm. The latter stages of the Champions League in recent seasons have been insanely good, in my opinion. 

46 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d rather be in the premier league and so would you.

I don't know. I'm enjoying going to games at the minute, we're near the top of the league. I'd rather that than watch us lose every week. I think.

Also people criticise our board for not looking into the future with us, contracts etc, but atm we're now setup nicely with Enzo instead of going round the same thing every year like Everton are currently doing, going nowhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Two incredibly boring games this afternoon.

It can't be just me who find's most football games at the 'elite', 'top level' dull as dishwater surely?

Arsenal were nice to watch today, good football at times, I enjoyed them.

I didn't watch Chelsea as I always find them boring. Though I wouldn't consider them "elite".

Arsenal v Manchester United two weeks ago was a good game, as was Newcastle v Liverpool.

North London Derby next weekend is, I find, the best big game to watch. Usually goals in it.

I'm enjoying the championship more and find it as a league more entertaining but ultimately we want to do as well as possible in it to go up. For me I've reconnected with the club again after becoming completely disillusioned with it under notepad man. 

Also it feels so nice to score a goal and immediately be able to celebrate it without the worry of VAR chalking it off. That and the new added time rule clearly favouring the big 6 in the prem already

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Nope, don't see it.

Different era of football, that.

Luton will get a few 1-0 wins v some of the teams around them.

I have a mate, a Blades fan, he is seriously worried about them out doing Derby. He has a season ticket & is in no doubt they are going down. 

Edited by STEVIE B

7 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I have a mate, a Blades fan, he is seriously worried about them out doing Derby. He has a season ticket & is in no doubt they are going down. 

He doesn’t need a season ticket to know they’re going down. 

for them and Luton it’s no chance. Burnley haven’t started all that well either so could be a hat trick easily lined up. 

which is a huge shame cos there’s plenty more terrible teams in that division.

bournemouth, Everton, Forest, palace, wolves could all do with a relegation or seven 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

He doesn’t need a season ticket to know they’re going down. 

for them and Luton it’s no chance. Burnley haven’t started all that well either so could be a hat trick easily lined up. 

which is a huge shame cos there’s plenty more terrible teams in that division.

bournemouth, Everton, Forest, palace, wolves could all do with a relegation or seven 

Everton are the unflushable premier league team. This 777 taker over sounds a bit dodgy as well. 

But Luton, Sheffield United are just not prepared for the prem. Burnley may have a chance if they start beating the teams around them. 

41 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I actually think Sheff U will survive . Derby’s record is under threat from Luton though 

Luton will finish above Sheffield United. I think. They're more likely to pick up a couple of 1-0 home wins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

Skip through the season with Leicester up and Everton down please

Passing Everton, Forest and Wolves on the way up would be /chefskiss 

Unfortunately I think Forest probably have too much about them and Luton too little.