Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Craig Dawson was allowed to score with that part of his arm.

I’m sure I read somewhere that IFAB had changed the emphasis on the t shirt line so that the ball had to be more above it rather than over it 

I didnt think that there was enough evidence on that review that any handball was deliberate 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Anyone else finding the premier League unwatchable now? VAR is the absolute worst. It's ruining the enjoyment of watching football for me. 

Nothing better than your team scoring a goal, taking a quick glance to see the lino sprinting back to the half way line and the ref pointing at the centre circle. 

Yea but then if an obvious offside for example went against you would be pretty frustrated.

However some of the others decisions are far too subjective and inconsistent like handball etc.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Anyone else finding the premier League unwatchable now? VAR is the absolute worst. It's ruining the enjoyment of watching football for me. 

Nothing better than your team scoring a goal, taking a quick glance to see the lino sprinting back to the half way line and the ref pointing at the centre circle. 

I posted something similar last pm. I'm really enjoying life in The Championship, for the very reason you gave......plus the 'Big 6' bias is mind numbing. 

It's a shame that teams due to be be promoted aren't given the option of staying in the EFL ! :whistle:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yea but then if an obvious offside for example went against you would be pretty frustrated.

However some of the others decisions are far too subjective and inconsistent like handball etc.

Offside are black and white though, even if you don’t like the tightness of some calls it’s on or off. But tonight is why var will never work, the decisions are far too subjective, it’ll never be right, the cost, disruption and spoilt enjoyment of the game caused by var isn’t worth it for the small amount of devious it gets right. 

I have to say it’s an absolute joy to watch football this season without its interruptions, and I can accept a bad decision when a ref has one look. When someone has numerous looks at numerous angles and a few minutes to make a decision and still get it wrong is not acceptable, and it’s happening every week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I posted something similar last pm. I'm really enjoying life in The Championship, for the very reason you gave......plus the 'Big 6' bias is mind numbing. 

It's a shame that teams due to be be promoted aren't given the option of staying in the EFL ! :whistle:

I can see it now, teams running away with the league suddenly start losing every week the last two months of the season, and numerous other teams around them trying not to win too, saw it happen in a league I played in many years ago as some teams didn’t want to get promoted to the top league to be spanked every week the following season. lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, adam said:

How the **** has Darren England called that a deliberate hand ball.

Be grim to get promoted and have to suffer that shite every week. Hopefully we come 7th.

Well he obviously convinced the on pitch ref it was which is part of the trouble.

Having gone against VAR advice at the weekend himself.

48 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It is adding to it. So much time is spent waiting for the game to restart from many different sources.

People really think Forest will go down?

Sure, they don't look great, but they're 6 points clear of the drop after 5 games having already played Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea away.

Where the hell are any of Sheff Utd, Everton, Burnley or Luton getting six points from? 

Forest are safe already. 

Even if none of these beat Derby's record, I'm convinced there will be a record low points tally required to finish 17th this year.