Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

They need to define a penalty better, far too much interpretation is possible

That last Arsenal one was not a penalty for me purely because his hands were not in an unnatural position and it was too close to be intentional

There was also a player behind him on the line

Half of the goal celebrations in the Prem aren't about spontaneous eruptions of emotion. 

They are about filling social media feeds.

I much prefer our far purer "revenge for singing about my wife who leaked stories about my international team mate's wife, before unsucessfully suing her and exploding the internet" goal celebration.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If that's a penalty then surely you just flick the ball at people's hands from close range in the box? Nothing they can do and you get a free shot 

I think it's more that it is preventing a goal scoring opportunity

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Half of the goal celebrations in the Prem aren't about spontaneous eruptions of emotion. 

They are about filling social media feeds.

I much prefer our far purer "revenge for singing about my wife who leaked stories about my international team mate's wife, before unsucessfully suing her and exploding the internet" goal celebration.

Sadly everything is in the prem. Even down to the commentary. 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If that's a penalty then surely you just flick the ball at people's hands from close range in the box? Nothing they can do and you get a free shot 

The shot is blocked with his hand in the air. Ultimately the defender put himself on that position so how can you not give it?