Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Shame Barnes went off, he'd have bagged a hattrick against this shit show

Hell, Vestergaard would bag a hatty.  These are making Burns and Botman look unstoppable FFS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest all were promoted and stayed up comfortably last season. The promoted teams this season just happen to be terrible. It has no indication of what may or may not happen to us next season should we get promoted. 

Dream scenario...

May 2025, Everton travel to Leicester, needed to avoid defeat by 7 goals to guarantee Premier League survival.

We beat them 8-0, relegate them and qualify for Europe lol

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I’d back us to stay up next season if we do go up, but as a fan of a Championship side and English football in general, it’s all quite depressing how big the gap has become sadly.

Sheff Utd barely strengthened though

Newcastle are a Champions League team

If Sheff are being beaten 7-0 by Fulham or Palace I'd agree

• Like 2

It's funny how everyone said there's no point staying up because we'd have just gone down anyway.

Our Championship squad is genuinely better than Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley and arguably a few others. We would be fine. It's always about staying up at any cost. As happy as I am we have had chance to get rid of the disgusting attitudes of some players and Rodgers. Don't for one minute think this was necessary. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest all were promoted and stayed up comfortably last season. The promoted teams this season just happen to be terrible. It has no indication of what may or may not happen to us next season should we get promoted. 

That was mainly because 3 established sides decided to have a massive brainfart. Bournemouth and Forest were largely atrocious but unfortunately we were pathetic as were saints and Leeds. We will need to improve one hell of a lot to stay up. We have been sent back to a probable yoyo side. 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It's funny how everyone said there's no point staying up because we'd have just gone down anyway.

Our Championship squad is genuinely better than Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley and arguably a few others. We would be fine. It's always about staying up at any cost. As happy as I am we have had chance to get rid of the disgusting attitudes of some players and Rodgers. Don't for one minute think this was necessary. 

If we had kept Kasper we would never have gone down, but Rodgers was doing everything possible to get sacked from day one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Forest were not comfortable at all, and played an Arsenal team at the end who had given up. They had luck like I had never seen before. Agree that the 3 promoted teams this season all look in deep trouble. 

If we do go up, next season is going to be tough. I’d love to think we could become mid table mediocrity but we will likely be hugging the bottom few for most of the season. 

• Like 2