Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Last season we were the only club on 1 point after 6 games (feking horrible to recall that). Right now there are 3 teams on 1 point and Bournemouth on 3 without a win.  If only we had scraped through there would have been so much dross to help us rebuild around this year.

I wonder if Sheffield Utd look at what Bournmouth did last season and think pulling the trigger on Heckingbottom is the right thing to do?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nalis said:

He was one of those players labelled a great prospect not so long along and then suddenly he's 25 and regressed.

He had a good game against Man City when he first came on the scene about 7 years ago now but can’t really remember anything other than that

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

All the promoted teams lack any quality to be honest, and haven’t bought well at all. Honestly feel we bought better players in the championship

Burnley spent about 100 million including a highly regarded Goalkeeper. If its going to cost us more than next season to even compete then god help us.

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's funny how everyone said there's no point staying up because we'd have just gone down anyway.

Our Championship squad is genuinely better than Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley and arguably a few others. We would be fine. It's always about staying up at any cost. As happy as I am we have had chance to get rid of the disgusting attitudes of some players and Rodgers. Don't for one minute think this was necessary. 

Even how disgraceful we were last year we'd have not dropped this time out. I'm not convinced any of the three who went up have actually improved.

To think with a semi competent promoted trio you have Everton, Forest and genuinely even Chelsea in proper danger but they'll all get away with it, sickeningly.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Even how disgraceful we were last year we'd have not dropped this time out. I'm not convinced any of the three who went up have actually improved.

To think with a semi competent promoted trio you have Everton, Forest and genuinely even Chelsea in proper danger but they'll all get away with it, sickeningly.

If three teams like Sunderland, Watford and Norwich had gone up instead then I'd actually think Chelsea are in danger which is mad. 

There are some really awful teams that will stay up this season just from the teams you mentioned being that bad. 

We would never have gone down with them there but we shouldn't have ever been in a situation where it was a possibility with that squad anyway. The only consolation was all the spineless cowards involved have it on their CV for life. Not that that means much in football.

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Chelsea lose again 😆 possibly worst start to a Premier league season. Again interesting how there so called supporters have disappeared. Told my gf the score today and she was like "dont care" lol two bad seasons all it takes. 

Is it really in the 90’s they seemed like a middling club, so yeah would be funny if this is genuinely the worst start 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Chelsea fans getting a taste of no European football, dire football, cant score, cant win and constantly losing... sounds like a club in possible relegation fight 😁 we live in hope.

No way unfortunately. The bottom three are all absolute wank. Straight back down without putting in any fight. 

Chelsea's stupid recruitment policy the last few windows is their problem.

They have no clue what they are doing, no identity, nothing!

Their owners are tools.

Feels great seeing them and united stink the place up. Happy to see clubs like Brighton doing well as opposed to the same old big clubs.  Will be interesting to see how their season unfolds. Potter never saw this coming!

Edited by Jattdogg

17 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Maybe if Burnley spent less time making silly little announcement videos this summer, and spent more time scouting good honest pros like Harry Winks, they’d have a win by now. SAD!

Highly unlikely.  The teams we have lost to have a 15-1-0 record against everyone in the bottom 12, and the game we drew (Forest) was only not a win because the VAR ref thought his job was to find any excuse to disallow a goal.

I suspect Winks is out of our salary range. 

Bit awkward for Jenas then.

Guess he was kind of showing his frustration as an ex Spurs player at the time of the tweet ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jermaine-jenas-referee-tottenham-arsenal-penalty-b2418018.html

EDIT: Seems to have apologised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66914216

Edited by Super_horns

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bit awkward for Jenas then.

Guess he was kind of showing his frustration as an ex Spurs player at the time of the tweet ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jermaine-jenas-referee-tottenham-arsenal-penalty-b2418018.html

EDIT: Seems to have apologised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66914216

Apology or not if you front a campaign to stop the abuse of officials, you don't go on to Twitter and abuse them. No matter who you support! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do feel Burnley are like one win away from really kick starting their season, I do think they have shown signs of what there capable of they just seem to lack that final product you hope for their sakes they don't panic to quickly and give Kompany the push too early on. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I do feel Burnley are like one win away from really kick starting their season, I do think they have shown signs of what there capable of they just seem to lack that final product you hope for their sakes they don't panic to quickly and give Kompany the push too early on. 

No danger of that.  Alan Pace is a fan of Kompany, and we're only 1 win (and a couple of draws) behind where we were after 5 games last season.  The fans are mostly happy with the way we are playing, and the four sides we have lost to have a record of 15-1-0 against the bottom 12.

Having said that, I don't think we'll win at Newcastle!

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 1