Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, Klopp actually getting screwed by the refs is lovely to see. Bastard whines about them constantly anyway.

Doesn't make it right though, does it.

Look at it from our point of view. We'd be fuming.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Claiming that you can see better than a calibrated system is strange 

the grass may not be cut at right angles either 

unless the var has made an error marking the furthest point on each player or when the ball is played then the system will be correct

It looked onside live.

It looked onside in the replay.

It really really looked onside in the screenshots on the internet you see with lines drawn

I just don't understand how the review took 10 seconds and no lines were drawn.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Claiming that you can see better than a calibrated system is strange 

the grass may not be cut at right angles either 

unless the var has made an error marking the furthest point on each player or when the ball is played then the system will be correct

Did you watch the game?

They literally said they had no pics available to show the offside which shows either the technology failed or the incompetent idiots messed up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It looked onside live.

It really really looked onside in the screenshots on the internet you see with lines drawn

We don’t always see the lines drawn this season during the game 

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Did you watch the game?

They literally said they had no pics available to show the offside which shows either the technology failed or the incompetent idiots messed up

I was watching and cooking 

so i missed that

Without the Hawkeye system working we can’t know if a tight call is onside or offside. So you stick with the on field call - if it was a yard onside then it really would be shitsville for PGMOL 

so you go with the on field decision 

19 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It looked onside live.

thats true even on neville was saying that too on comms, no lines were drawn, 

its shocking how bad the standard of officials are in this country even with the amount of technology they have

• Like 1

I’m quite sure they’ve got it wrong because such is the standard of refereeing in the Premier League. However, going off of this screenshot that’s doing the rounds, you can’t actually see the ball. Is there a chance that the pass took place milliseconds after this frame, which in all fairness could make it a clear and obvious offside, hence the lack of lines and uncharacteristically quick decision making? Personally I don’t think so. Since this was the frozen image shown to audiences in the stadium and around the world, it’s surely because it’s the precise moment the pass took place 🤷🏻‍♂️ Regardless, shit like this makes me happy that we don’t have to deal with VAR this season.

IMG_7004.thumb.jpeg.0b9e912656dacdeb273fdaee778bdc97.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

I’m quite sure they’ve got it wrong because such is the standard of refereeing in the Premier League. However, going off of this screenshot that’s doing the rounds, you can’t actually see the ball. Is there a chance that the pass took place milliseconds after this frame, which in all fairness could make it a clear and obvious offside, hence the lack of lines and uncharacteristically quick decision making? Personally I don’t think so. Since this was the frozen image shown to audiences in the stadium and around the world, it’s surely because it’s the precise moment the pass took place 🤷🏻‍♂️ Regardless, shit like this makes me happy that we don’t have to deal with VAR this season.

IMG_7004.thumb.jpeg.0b9e912656dacdeb273fdaee778bdc97.jpeg

All you have to do is watch the goal in real time to see that it's not offside, why they have not drawn lines when they do for every other offside smells of corruption.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

All you have to do is watch the goal in real time to see that it's not offside, why they have not drawn lines when they do for every other offside smells of corruption.

think whats worse with the DIaz decision is, they looked at it for what, less than 30 seconds and didnt even draw lines etc

while at the Everton game they took over 3mins to make sure the DCL one was onside

it doesnt weigh up imo

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

think whats worse with the DIaz decision is, they looked at it for what, less than 30 seconds and didnt even draw lines etc

while at the Everton game they took over 3mins to make sure the DCL one was onside

it doesnt weigh up imo

exactly pure corruption, I don't think you can put that down to human error, esp in a game of this magnitude.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1