Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

thing is Simon Hooper had another terrible game and loads of incorrect decisions, hes already done this once this season with the Man U Wolves game with the Onana incident

something needs to be done, every single week we are getting an apology from the PGMOL

they arent learning, they arent getting any better, they arent consistent, its the same shit every week; i understand its a hard job, but theyve got the technology and are still getting shit wrong 

its a farce

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know how it can be a human error, every game you watch if there is a tight offside call they will draw lines, this wasn't even tight.

They didn't think they needed to draw lines because Diaz was so far clear of the fullback according to Carragher lol 

Don't blame VAR.

We are Leicester fans and VAR contributed to one of the best results of our lives.

Blame the fuds in the van.  The technology is there, the footage is there, they just can't use it properly.

• Like 3

Just now, Vacamion said:

Don't blame VAR.

We are Leicester fans and VAR contributed to one of the best results of our lives.

Blame the fuds in the van.  The technology is there, the footage is there, they just can't use it properly.

tbf VAR works for the most part, its just the idiots controlling it as you said

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Don't blame VAR.

Right.

It's rare that humans should or do abandon tech advances when the much better alternative of actually getting the people applying it to be competent at it exists.

Edited by leicsmac

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Don't blame VAR.

I think when they blame VAR they are blaming the whole system which includes the people using it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

There is no way an experienced VAR official could just make the decision and not draw lines. The only explanation I can think of is maybe they were looking at the wrong pictures.

"The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.32 mins ago

I simply do not know what to say anymore about the standard of officiating in England. The Media and fans blert on about the Premier League being the best in the world but when you see things like that it really puts things into perspective. That was a top 4 clash with 2 of the best teams in the country but they have people making decisions and ultimately affect the end result who shouldn’t be anywhere near a football pitch.

In literally any other job in the world if you keep ****ing up which impacts negatively on your company you get the sack. Ref’s just issue an apology and are given as lightly lesser known game the week after and all is forgotten 

Edited by Staffs Fox

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:
"The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.32 mins ago

I don't even understand how this happens. How have they decided not to check this offside when they usually check them all. The whole system needs binning.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Expect Simon Hooper to be demoted from Premier League games next week. So instead he’ll be screwing teams over in the championship. 

Wasn’t his decision though for the offside was it? Lino and VAR have done him there. 

I still can’t believe the Diaz goal tbh, even without the lines you could tell he was onside. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Don't recall Liverpool complaining about the officials on Wednesday, hey ho. 

... or when Liverpool survived a very late 'winner' by Wolves, which was ruled offside by VAR in the FA Cup at Anfield in January.

(All five Lancashire clubs losing today is quite rare.)

• Like 2