Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

38 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know how it can be a human error, every game you watch if there is a tight offside call they will draw lines, this wasn't even tight.

The human error is the Lino calling it offside right? And then var system clearly was just not working, therefore no lines drawn. That’s how I’ve interpreted the statement anyway. Similar to when in cricket DRS is not working 

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

All the talk of Glad no VAR in Championship but what was the on field decision?

lino called offside

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The human error is the Lino calling it offside right? And then var system clearly was just not working, therefore no lines drawn. That’s how I’ve interpreted the statement anyway. Similar to when in cricket DRS is not working 

But it specifically states human error  - it doesn’t speak about tech error like the one at arsenal last season 

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think it didn’t even get to VAR match officials in field called it off but how was it not checked 

It may be that the technology was down and you have to stick with the original decision as in other sports. But they moved on so quickly, normally in cricket and tennis they have a good go at getting it working - and if that is the reason why was it not said during the match or at the end to let people know.

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wasn’t his decision though for the offside was it? Lino and VAR have done him there. 

I still can’t believe the Diaz goal tbh, even without the lines you could tell he was onside. 

The performance in general was bordering on corruption. Jota’s first yellow card for example 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

lino called offside

But it specifically states human error  - it doesn’t speak about tech error like the one at arsenal last season 

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think it didn’t even get to VAR match officials in field called it off but how was it not checked 

Understood on both counts, thanks. So the human error was it not even being passed to var?!?! That is incredible if so. I love the drama of the PL though 

39 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Understood on both counts, thanks. So the human error was it not even being passed to var?!?! That is incredible if so. I love the drama of the PL though 

Afaik, the var decided that it wasn’t necessary to draw the lines because the offside was clear.  The offside decision is always reviewed by var but it’s their call if they decide lines need to be drawn 

• Like 1

Is Pep losing his hunger?

They've lost two games in a row. That isn't that strange. What is strange is that after both games, he's come out and congratulated the other team and said they deserved it. He's normally notorious for only dishing out praise to teams he's just pumped 5-0.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Afaik, the var decided that it wasn’t necessary to draw the lines because the offside was clear.  The offside decision is always reviewed by var but it’s their call if they decide lines need to be drawn 

Judging by the PGMOL statement I don't think it happened this way. If that's the case eventually, everybody on the VAR must be investigated starting with their bank accounts. 

23 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Judging by the PGMOL statement I don't think it happened this way. If that's the case eventually, everybody on the VAR must be investigated starting with their bank accounts. 

Yes - it’s even worse than I thought 

14 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Sorry if already posted, but this is just ridiculous:

The VAR guy said "check complete" because he thought the on-field decision was a goal. That's so amateurish

So why haven’t any of the three people in the var area stopped the restart to tell the ref that he needs to stop the game ?????  Even after the game has restarted they can stop it. It’s simply ludicrous 

apparently once the game re starts after a var check, it cannot be stopped to rectify an error by the officials. . This is just nonsense 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes - it’s even worse than I thought 

So why haven’t any of the three people in the var area stopped the restart to tell the ref that he needs to stop the game ?????  Even after the game has restarted they can stop it. It’s simply ludicrous 

The Three Stooges

Sorry

villa won 6-1 but Xg was 1.49-1.76 ????  

that’s nuts 

mind you understat has villa at 1.91.    Luiz goal at the end has an Xg of 0.03 - that’s rubbish aswell. It’s an open goal. 0.03 says that only 1 in 33 opportunities of that chance are scored - garbage 

Edited by st albans fox