Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Guest Col city fan

Can anyone tell me how the Florist goalie kicking Wisser up the arse, wasn’t a penalty?!

🤷‍♂️

🚨🤯 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐃: what happened on Luis Díaz goal disallowed and the 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧!
VAR took the wrong onfield decision — as it led to the goal being disallowed, Dale Johnson reveals how ⤵️
◉ The VAR, Darren England, checked offside thinking the onfield decision was “goal conceded” for Díaz.
◉ It was a quick offside check because it was clear Díaz was onside, so told referee “check complete”.
◉ In telling the ref “check complete” he is saying the onfield decision (Díaz goal disallowed) was correct.
◉ The “human error” by the VAR team is getting the onfield decision wrong — by failing to draw lines.
◉ As soon as Spurs take the free-kick, which they were set up for, decision can 𝐍𝐎𝐓 be rolled back.

Guest Kopfkino

Let’s make no bones about it, yesterday’s VAR incident was an absolute shambles and backs up what I’ve been saying for a while since they started playing the audio - the communication protocols have to be much stricter. Take a leaf out of aviation’s book where comms between aircraft and ATC have clear, pretty strict language and have to be confirmed back pretty much verbatim. Just saying ‘check complete’ was always going to lead to this eventually. ‘Check complete, onside, goal’ and the ref repeats ‘Check complete, onside, goal’.

It’s fast, it’s fraught, one half of the conversation is out of breath but the audio releases showed how poor the procedure around communication is. 

However, VAR and refs are being scapegoated by a media absolutely desperate for noise, clicks and traffic + managers, players and clubs use it to deflect from themselves, not helped by having to give opinions with adrenaline and emotion high rather than with time that lets them. Refs and VAR will never get any better because football won’t allow them to. Ultimately all that matters in football is that you get the rub of the green and that’s all anyone is interested in.

This shown again today by Steve Cooper and Forest. How he can complain about the sending off is beyond me. They spend every week whinging, I’m sure if his player two footed someone in the chest in the box he’d say it was harsh and they’d be complaining to the PGMOL - victim mentality as strong as the scousers.

47 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't know about everyone else but I found Liverpool's statement regarding the disallowed goal a bit over the top. 

Think they’re going to ask for a replay. I can imagine there’s a good chance they’ll get it too. 

• Haha 2

Sets such a dangerous precedent if the game ends up getting replayed. What if there's a howler that goes against Spurs? Do they ask for one? Do they keep replaying until the game is totally clear?

How many other teams would ask for one in future, such as Wolves wanting one against Man Utd...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Let’s make no bones about it, yesterday’s VAR incident was an absolute shambles and backs up what I’ve been saying for a while since they started playing the audio - the communication protocols have to be much stricter. Take a leaf out of aviation’s book where comms between aircraft and ATC have clear, pretty strict language and have to be confirmed back pretty much verbatim. Just saying ‘check complete’ was always going to lead to this eventually. ‘Check complete, onside, goal’ and the ref repeats ‘Check complete, onside, goal’.

It’s fast, it’s fraught, one half of the conversation is out of breath but the audio releases showed how poor the procedure around communication is. 

However, VAR and refs are being scapegoated by a media absolutely desperate for noise, clicks and traffic + managers, players and clubs use it to deflect from themselves, not helped by having to give opinions with adrenaline and emotion high rather than with time that lets them. Refs and VAR will never get any better because football won’t allow them to. Ultimately all that matters in football is that you get the rub of the green and that’s all anyone is interested in.

This shown again today by Steve Cooper and Forest. How he can complain about the sending off is beyond me. They spend every week whinging, I’m sure if his player two footed someone in the chest in the box he’d say it was harsh and they’d be complaining to the PGMOL - victim mentality as strong as the scousers.

Var won’t get any better because so many decisions are subjective. Goals and offsides are (should be) black and white decisions and technology can be and will be improved and used to make them even more accurate. 

However fouls, penalties ect are purely opinion, one on the pitch and one in the var caravan, one in the heat of the action, one in a sterile environment. I thought var would stop diving but all it did was make players realise any contact and they can go down as var would deem it enough for a penalty. 

I have no issue for it in certain situations however wish it would stay out of a lot more, refs (despite what we say) get most decisions right, var is an intrusion on the game that spoils it, certainly for the match going fans,  and the small percentage of decisions it corrects (in comparison to refs pre var which was about 92%) is hardly worth the cost and disruption. And let’s not forget the absolute howlers it is getting wrong now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

They should turn the var cameras off at anfield in protest.

@TheBearmight say they have already done that.

I presume their main complaint is about the offside goal which clearly was a gross error of basically not even checking the offside rather than the other decisions which were just subjective and everyone will have a different view on it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

A predictable statement from Liverpool.  Designed purely to obtain favourable decisions in the future and infering corruption against them.

Would they  have still made it even if they had hung on for a point?

Edited by Super_horns

12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Would they  have still made it even if they had hung on for a point?

How can anyone predict what the entitled (see super league), crass (see today's statement) plums running and supporting that club will do next? 

That statement has riled me more than I care to admit this fine evening even though it's true to form for them. Absolute cheek of a super league club coming out claiming footballing institutions have an agenda against them. I generally rail against the accusations of Liverpool having a victim mentality but it's hard not to when you read that garbage. 

Edited by Zear0

Listening to 5 live and today they’re still banging on about VAR in the Spurs game and Liverpool demanding wholesale changes to the system and personnel and saying sporting integrity has been undermined .
These bed wetters have short memories - when they won the title a couple of years back they were known as Livarpool as every decision appeared to go their way . No wonder everyone hates them .