Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Klopp say’s after win in Europe that Liverpool are over the incident, we have moved on we are not babies 😂 

This will rumble on and driven by Liverpool, he will continue to drop references to it in all his interviews for that sympathy card.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Guess a more accurate equivalence was when they forgot to turn on Hawkeye in the Villa Shef Utd game a few years ago. 

Yeah the ones that are more about procedure and tech I can think of are:

• Diaz offside, misunderstanding about on-field decision and poor communication
  • Wolves vs Liverpool offside, where camera angles missed player offside
  • Lee Mason missing a player and drawing lines in wrong place (Brentford vs Arsenal I think)
  • Hawkeye failure
  • Like 1

· Howard Webb: ‘As you can see with this previous incident between Spurs and Liverpool, unlike Curtis Jones, the player in question is in fact the England captain, therefore it was the correct decision not to send him off.’

May be an image of 1 person, playing American football, playing football and text

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Klopp say’s after win in Europe that Liverpool are over the incident, we have moved on we are not babies 😂 

This will rumble on and driven by Liverpool, he will continue to drop references to it in all his interviews for that sympathy card.

I’m not sure if the officials will give them an easy ride now. A few decisions might be going there way, as usual.

But at least they’ll bang on about the outrage and the historical decision all season. Entitled.

The Carragher piece on the mistake really sums up why everyone outside of Liverpool has an issue with Liverpool, answering a question about his news paper column comments that this will bring a siege mentality into the Liverpool squad he says yes & opens with “when you feel you’ve been wronged or people are against you…” 1st arghh then ”…it will bring the dressing room closer together and it certainly feels like the Liverpool fans are more closer and want to fight more for Juergen Klopp…..” arrrrghhhhh victims victims victims the worlds against us!

I said in a previous post that ‘for me anyway’ there was always something or someone at Liverpool that you liked about them, going back to Bob Paisley (Moran/Evans) & the true legends & even more recently turn of the naughtys there were still the odd players you liked, Gerrard, Hypia, Alonso, McAllister, Torres, Milner (took awhile) but of the recent batch probably only Firmino but now he’s gone there’s no one or nothing I can like about that club.

The young scouse lads coming through are some of the worst, they have this arrogance about them, brought on from them only being in the terraces a few years ago themselves and bringing this ‘it’s us against the world’ hangover with them from the stands.

Then Klopp ‘the messiah’ I have never brought into the ‘ it’s just passion’ like many on here have said and wished from our managers, the man is truly an awful sportsman!

Quickly moving on before my ulcers bursts, Ange’s interview hits the nail on the head in that what was VAR brought in for, it’s lost its way and no longer for clear and obvious errors, it’s everything now and slowing the game down which is what made the English game enjoyable to fans and players alike, he calls for it be scrapped which in its current form holds weight.

Finally on referee’s, i think we the average fan have a part to play in their failure, we constantly pick every decision apart and that stems from a young 14yr old starting out managing a U7s game where they have a players parent running the lines for them.

I have seen 1st hand a grown man abuse a 14yr new referee for making mistakes, it’s inexcusable, we seem to picture refs coming out of training & somehow be Collina from the get’go.
The refs course consists of 3 weekend sessions a practical & written exam and out they go, they are on a constant learning curve until they retire from the game be that 16 because they have had enough of the game or 60.

It really surprised me to think and still does that the ref should be the finished article yet players are allowed this time to grow through their careers learning every day, how does a goalkeeper that’s paid 330k a week not get abused like a ref does when he concedes a goal, we automatically look for excuses in the build up, ooh a little tug on his shirt there, ref come on you missed that you’ve cost us a goal, it really is unbelievable the abuse they get and 9 times out of 10 those abusing would say no to picking up a whistle.

Leave them be, using the 9 out of 10 rule they are usually right but being human they will make the odd mistake just like the £0 to £*k per week player they are allowing to play a game of football for.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2023 at 08:39, StanSP said:

So Darren England now won't do any Liverpool games this season. 

How long before no refs are able to do a Liverpool game because they didn't like how a decision went? Last season it was Paul Tierney, this season Darren England. 

How do Liverpool get to choose who officiates them in future? 

Anthony Taylor is regularly lambasted by Chelsea and their fans for still getting their games after dubious errors. But he still continues? 

Liverpool have far too much power to be able to dictate things like this. 

They are clearly afraid of social media backlash like everybody is these days

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Looking at them and their record so far this season they shouldn't be there. Completely out of their depth!!

To be fair, they’re still not in the bottom three.

None of the newly promoted sides have won a game at home yet. In fact, I don’t think any of the teams in the bottom five have won at home.