Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Michael Oliver decent most of the time but that's poor. 

I get it, he wants to try and keep it 11 vs 11 if possible but Kovacic given him no choice there. 

Both tackles are "yellow and a half" at minimum and to do the second whilst booked is stupid beyond belief. 

Edited by Finnegan

How quick the ref waved away any card then is dodgy as ****. The fact he felt he had to do that clearly implies it’s a second yellow to a guy that should’ve had a straight red about 10 mins ago. Seriously concerning officiating.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

Michael Oliver decent most of the time but that's poor. 

I get it, he wants to try and keep it 11 vs 11 if possible but Kovatic given him no choice there. 

Both tackles are "yellow and a half" at minimum and to do the second whilst booked is stupid beyond belief. 

That's not up to him though is it? He needs to ref the game.

• Like 1

Guest nathan.

Dirty **** should be off.

VAR bottled the first challenge and then the ref misses the clear second yellow.

VAR is ruining the game

Just now, Unabomber said:

How quick the ref waved away any card then is dodgy as ****. The fact he felt he had to do that clearly implies it’s a second yellow to a guy that should’ve had a straight red about 10 mins ago. Seriously concerning officiating.

Over time I've become one of the most paranoid on here about corruption in the Prem but even I think that's a bit over the top. 

Oliver is nearly always quite decisive like that and the way he took control of it and shut down the protests straight away wasn't the sign of anything dodgy it was just good refereeing, he was being assertive and clear. 

It's just unfortunate he'd made the wrong decision. 

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That's not up to him though is it? He needs to ref the game.

Yeah but you see it a lot don't you. Refs seem to land on a spectrum, some want to get their cards out every two minutes. Michael Oliver has always been one that's tried to let the game flow and let things slide if he can and that's why he's generally considered one of the better refs. 

• Like 1