Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Over time I've become one of the most paranoid on here about corruption in the Prem but even I think that's a bit over the top. 

Oliver is nearly always quite decisive like that and the way he took control of it and shut down the protests straight away wasn't the sign of anything dodgy it was just good refereeing, he was being assertive and clear. 

It's just unfortunate he'd made the wrong decision. 

Wasn’t good refereeing then was it 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Wasn’t good refereeing then was it 

No, the decision he made was wrong, he obviously made an error. But I think you're smart enough to understand the nuance I'm implying if you just stop looking for an argument for a second. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

No, the decision he made was wrong, he obviously made an error. But I think you're smart enough to understand the nuance I'm implying if you just stop looking for an argument for a second. 

was he not mean't to go over to the screen and check it though ?

Just now, Finnegan said:

I don’t want an argument with you. And thanks for saying I’m smart. 

• Haha 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

was he not mean't to go over to the screen and check it though ?

VAR doesn't interfere with yellow cards. The second challenge didn't meet the threshold of a red card offence in isolation so if wasn't checked. 

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

the first yellow I'm sure he was mean't to go and look at the screen but didn't even do that

He jumped into the tackle and subsequently caught Odegaard high on the ankle.

Its 100% a red card.

VAR needs binning 

5 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He jumped into the tackle and subsequently caught Odegaard high on the ankle.

Its 100% a red card.

VAR needs binning 

If it’s given as a red then var doesn’t see it as an error. Whether you’d say it’s a 100% red is an argument 

whats certain is the second challenge on rice is a yellow aswell 

and what is nketiah doing out there? 

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If it’s given as a red then var doesn’t see it as an error. Whether you’d say it’s a 100% red is an argument 

whats certain is the second challenge on rice is a yellow aswell 

and what is nketiah doing out there? 

Its a clear red.

The ref should have been sent to the monitor.

Edited by nathan.

At this point I'm really getting worried we'll have to face this officiating incompetence next season. Most of these ref and VAR decisions are very suspicious. There are also some ref mistakes in Championship but what we're seeing in Premier League it's extremely worrying. It feels like there's a mafia dictating the sport, it's like a Godfather movie right now. What's going on? 

• Haha 1