Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well in Arsenal. Be nice to see someone else win the league this season.

Indeed, It's so tedious seeing Man City win it every year

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

At this point I'm really getting worried we'll have to face this officiating incompetence next season. Most of these ref and VAR decisions are very suspicious. There are also some ref mistakes in Championship but what we're seeing in Premier League it's extremely worrying. It feels like there's a mafia dictating the sport, it's like a Godfather movie right now. What's going on? 

You're not alone.  It's a fairly widespread view that every single referee and linesman in the professional ranks is a crook.

Perhaps you can help me with the obvious question, which I have never seen answered.  Where do these crooked refs come from?  Are all referees at every level crooked?  Or do they only appoint dishonest refs to the professional panel and leave the honest ones in the amateur ranks?

And if the latter, how do they find the crooks?  They must have appointed hundreds and thousands of crooked referees without ever so much as approaching an honest one.  How can they be so successful at sniffing out the crooks?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

So glad that we have ended that embarrassing abysmal run. Man City are of course still favourites to win the league again, but they are far from unbeatable. Just shows how much they miss Rhodri.

the loss of input from Enzo is costing them big time and probably KDB

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hazzard retired at 32... what a total waste of a career post Chelsea. Clearly just not bothered at all and happy to take the money. 

Well there wasn't much he could achieve after May 2016 that anyone would care about.

Or at least that I would have cared about :ph34r:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hazzard retired at 32... what a total waste of a career post Chelsea. Clearly just not bothered at all and happy to take the money. 

I think If money was the real factor there he’d more than be able to get a decent contract in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years. 

A 16 year career playing top flight, European and International football will certainly have taken its toll. 

It’ll be the same for Tielemans who won’t be able to carry on much past that age. 

35 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think If money was the real factor there he’d more than be able to get a decent contract in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years. 

A 16 year career playing top flight, European and International football will certainly have taken its toll. 

It’ll be the same for Tielemans who won’t be able to carry on much past that age. 

He's a lazy git, who was more often than not overweight and a poor trainer, we know that. He was a state at Madrid. He's earned more than enough money to last him about 10 lifetimes. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's a lazy git, who was more often than not overweight and a poor trainer, we know that. He was a state at Madrid. He's earned more than enough money to last him about 10 lifetimes. 

Not disputing any of that at all. I also think he was no longer than main man after Chelsea, fans and club much more volatile.