Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I’m so tired of the ol Leicester wouldn’t have won the title race if Chelsea hadn’t stopped spurs in that one gane. Christ were we not several points ahead at the time?

I didn’t see us dropping points that late nor see spurs winning every gane. Just pees me off and now with hazard retiring the same BS has popped up again.

as far as I can remember foxes were always leading and spurs were always chasing. 
Nonetheless thank you Mr hazard and Chelsea for speeding up our title win 😜

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m so tired of the ol Leicester wouldn’t have won the title race if Chelsea hadn’t stopped spurs in that one gane. Christ were we not several points ahead at the time?

I didn’t see us dropping points that late nor see spurs winning every gane. Just pees me off and now with hazard retiring the same BS has popped up again.

as far as I can remember foxes were always leading and spurs were always chasing. 
Nonetheless thank you Mr hazard and Chelsea for speeding up our title win 😜

We are exclusive in that in the premier league. 

No one ever says Forest won the title for Man City last season by beating Arsenal because it was pretty obvious Man City were going to win the title anyway at that point. Same appies to us and that Chelsea Spurs match.

There has been talk of ex players helping with VAR as "they know the game"

Not sure that would work though as so many would have a connection to a team be it  played for them/played for their rivals/was (or is) a fan.

And they would do games that affect the above too even if they aren't involved in that match. 

• Like 2

Who is buying Man Utd ?

is it qatar ?

people will argue that Saudi own Newcastle and Abu Dhabi Man City so who cares ??

hamas leadership live in qatar with full support of qatar govt  - let’s hope that we don’t find out that the events of the weekend occurred with full prior knowledge of qatar leaders.   I doubt that is true but given the way the PL have scored an OG with Saudi/Newcastle it would surprise you !

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's a lazy git, who was more often than not overweight and a poor trainer, we know that. He was a state at Madrid. He's earned more than enough money to last him about 10 lifetimes. 

I always thought he was overrated. Was good enough in the PL but went to a bigger club and couldn't cut it.

I saw Henry say he could do the tricks etc that Messi could do but I think Suarez was much better than Hazard and could do the things Messi could.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

There has been talk of ex players helping with VAR as "they know the game"

Not sure that would work though as so many would have a connection to a team be it  played for them/played for their rivals/was (or is) a fan.

And they would do games that affect the above too even if they aren't involved in that match. 

It's the same "you weren't *there*, maaan" idea  that ex footballers will always make the best co-commentators, pundits and panel members.

You only have to watch Soccer Saturday on Sky, or the horrors of BT/TNT's Champions League coverage to see that a lot of them are thick as mince, or only think about three teams, or can't vocalise the thoughts that do occur to them.

• Like 1

They wouldn't just be ex-players chucked in to do a bit of analysis, they'd have to qualify as a referee and learn the laws of the game to participate.

I reckon some pundits just assume Merse or Micah would be taxied in and do what they currently do.

Also, in the current climate of conspiracy theories, would you really want people with dyed in the wool allegiances to be involved? Imagine if we were VAR'd by, for example, Danny Murphy or Danny Mills and a decision goes against us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

They wouldn't just be ex-players chucked in to do a bit of analysis, they'd have to qualify as a referee and learn the laws of the game to participate.

I reckon some pundits just assume Merse or Micah would be taxied in and do what they currently do.

Also, in the current climate of conspiracy theories, would you really want people with dyed in the wool allegiances to be involved? Imagine if we were VAR'd by, for example, Danny Murphy or Danny Mills and a decision goes against us. 

Exactly.

That is my main point really .

They would soon be accused of bias and having an agenda in no time !

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It's the same "you weren't *there*, maaan" idea  that ex footballers will always make the best co-commentators, pundits and panel members.

You only have to watch Soccer Saturday on Sky, or the horrors of BT/TNT's Champions League coverage to see that a lot of them are thick as mince, or only think about three teams, or can't vocalise the thoughts that do occur to them.

Probably why none actually put themselves forward and offer to help .

They probably expect it just to happen like that rather then have to work and educate themselves.

On 11/10/2023 at 18:27, SecretPro said:

Spurs will win the league. Postecoglous 2-2-3-3 system is both brilliant and extremely entertaining to watch.

It really hurts me to say all this mind. I ****ing hate Spurs. 

It’s going to go Spursy at some point it always does . Maddison has been injury free but you just know he’s going to get more and more attention from opponents and will end up on the treatment table for a period of time . I’ve actually stopped loathing spurs in favour of the scousers but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy watching them f**k things up 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

A lot of blah blah blah about Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool and a league win. It'll Manchester City at a canter. I'd bet on back to back trebles too if I was a betting man. 

The PL need it to keep it interesting. I expect a few iffy decisions to go against Man City later in the season to stop them running away with it.

Man City were in a weaker position this time last year. They're still underestimated. They often flake a bit early doors but they go and put together a mad run midseason and end up running away with it. I've seen nothing from the other three to convince me they could push Man City yet.

• Like 1

Spurs will win the league. Postecoglous 2-2-3-3 system is both brilliant and extremely entertaining to watch.

Spurs won’t win the league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The PL need it to keep it interesting. I expect a few iffy decisions to go against Man City later in the season to stop them running away with it.

Man City were in a weaker position this time last year. They're still underestimated. They often flake a bit early doors but they go and put together a mad run midseason and end up running away with it. I've seen nothing from the other three to convince me they could push Man City yet.

They have that ability to string together 20 straight wins at the end of the season. They always do it. I find it ridiculous to even entertain the notion that they won't. No one has improved even nearly enough to change it. 

Spurs won't win the league, they'll end up fighting for top 4.

All going well for them and Ange at the minute but it will be interesting when they hit one defeat. How will they bounce back from that. That's when a manager is truly tested.

I still think Man City will win it.