Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Toney was made as a villain, Tonali is celebrated? 

Toney plays for a club owned by human beings, Tonali gets his paycheck from people who stone gay people and decapitate critics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just noticed evans is playing for man united, he is well past it now was dreadful for us last year how desperate must they be.

He was one of our best defenders, the issue we had was that he never played. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Which speaks volumes for the other ones more than how good he was. Folded like a wet box under pressure.

I blame Rodgers playing Amartey. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He was comfortably our worst defender last season.

12 starts

2 wins

2 draws 

8 defeats

28 goals against 

Which to be fair is probably about par for our dreadful season. My point though I didn’t really make it was/is if you’ve aspirations of winning the league or being top 4 then a player who might have been slightly above average but probably wasn’t for a dreadful relegated side isn’t the way to do it.

How could Chris Kavanagh and the officials be the only ones in the ground to not see that was a penalty straight away and have to go to VAR? They got to the right decision in the end but it’s just bizarre. 

4 hours ago, reporterpenguin said:

I get why people are saying it’s harsh, but look at the difference between his arms. His right arm is swinging back away from his body, while he’s kept his left right in the line of where the ball was always likely to go.

I don’t know how you go about defining unnatural position, but your arms being in different directions when jumping is probably a good starting point. 

His hand is above his head, it’s stopped the ball heading goalwards. 

A penalty was given against Wolves for Luton a few weeks back and their biggest reason for giving it was because his hand was above his head. So at least they’ve been consistent in this instance. 

55 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Which to be fair is probably about par for our dreadful season. My point though I didn’t really make it was/is if you’ve aspirations of winning the league or being top 4 then a player who might have been slightly above average but probably wasn’t for a dreadful relegated side isn’t the way to do it.

He was way below par and dreadful in our relegated side, a flukey clean sheet at Newcastle notwithstanding. He was miles behind Faes, Soyuncu, Souttar and even Amartey in any statistical metric you care to mention.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier