Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

That's shocking from Bassey, pretty much a replica of the first. 

Can't believe how sh*t Fulham look. How on earth did these lot spank us last season? I knew we were crap, but hadn't realised how bad we must have been. 

Watching some of the dross in the PL this season we're nailed on for a top half finish next season with the current side. 

7 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

It's a weird one with Madders. Not a player I hate but have no love for him anymore either. Just a feeling of nothingness like he was never one of ours

I think I feel that way about Youri. I’m genuinely happy for Madders that he’s doing so well and I hope Barnes succeeds at Newcastle, too. Shame we put ourselves in such a weak position that we couldn’t get more for Madders because he’s obviously a top player. 

• Like 1

Madders I am not too fussed about, glad he is doing well but don't want him to get to much success as I enjoy seeing Spurs fail

Still disappointed in him after he revealed he had chugged the "Rodgers is great and everything will be just fine" juice that was such a massive problem in the club as I always thought he had a brilliant deeper understanding of the game and would be one of those to realise something needed to change

Tielemans I just feel sorry for, I never bought into the whole half-arsing it thing and for me his time so far at Villa has shown that is might well just be the amount of football he has already played has caught up with his body

Barnes is the only one I am hoping succeeds (even if it for Newcastle)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Physically this is still a massive step up from what we're watching in the Championship. Notice alot of our games tend to open up towards the end, we'll pop a couple goals in like it's routine - up in the Prem we'll have to chase the ball about too and we'll come up against must fitter athletes.

Half the game is fitness these days, if you're a CM and the opposite number is hands on knees gasping for air every opportunity you've got the beating of him 99/100. Even good players will look crap if they're absolutely knackered and chasing constantly.