Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Spurs looking really good. 

My only question mark over them is their strength in depth, but no European football could help that and they’re already out of the league cup. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Ahh I remember when loads on here were saying what a good player Bassey is and why did we let him leave. There was a few of us who pointed out his weakenesses 

Never trust a defender who's biggest strength was his recovery tackles. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This clip is a fascinating watch on some of the tactical work in the build up to a game 

This is exactly the sort of stuff which should be in more football analysis. 

You see it happen with cricket etc. explanations about what they are trying to do rather than narrating on what’s taken place 

• Like 1

"Coming to a club like Tottenham is a bigger club in stature than Leicester, and I absolutely loved my time there, but the scrutiny, the pressure, the responsibility goes up a notch when you come to one of these bigger clubs. I love that and thrive off that".

Not sure it was particularly salty tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

"Coming to a club like Tottenham is a bigger club in stature than Leicester, and I absolutely loved my time there, but the scrutiny, the pressure, the responsibility goes up a notch when you come to one of these bigger clubs. I love that and thrive off that".

Not sure it was particularly salty tbh.

It is considering he’s now “the most influential player in the premier league” 

For us his mistakes and crapness cost us dearly at the end of last season. Now he’s like a pig in shit after completely letting us down so he could get this move to Spurs. Makes you wonder if he deliberately played like a duffer to get us relegated so he would definitely get the move he wanted. His own personal career was important than trying to help Leicester stay up. 

2 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Basically said we’re a small club and everything at “big club Tottenham, is much better” 

Knew when you said this it was bollocks. Confirmed below.

The Maddison slating continues.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Unsurprising. Surprised so many of our fans have bought into his propaganda again through his post match interviews. 

As opposed to the completely balanced routine slagging off of a player who now plays for England and is a star player at the team that are top of the Premier League.

32 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bill Kenwright died aged 78.

Wasn’t the most popular in recent times but obviously a man who cared and loved Everton with a lot of passion.

I met with him during my previous job. Was a nice bloke, loved Everton.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

It is considering he’s now “the most influential player in the premier league” 

For us his mistakes and crapness cost us dearly at the end of last season. Now he’s like a pig in shit after completely letting us down so he could get this move to Spurs. Makes you wonder if he deliberately played like a duffer to get us relegated so he would definitely get the move he wanted. His own personal career was important than trying to help Leicester stay up. 

He was (probably) moving on regardless of whether we stayed up or went down, what with him entering the final year of his contract. Going down just meant we got a lower fee.

He's a superb talent and is currently playing brilliantly. However, we've seen this story before. It still remains to be seen whether he can show up in March/April/May.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Let’s compare trophies over the last 30 years… suppose it is tough for us to beat the Audi Cup though 

Fair point but just because we've won far more than spurs in 30 years doesn't mean they aren't a vastly bigger club than us.