Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Fair point but just because we've won far more than spurs in 30 years doesn't mean they aren't a vastly bigger club than us.

I know which is what makes it even more hilarious. Think I would rather have trophies, I’m pretty sure that is the most important part of the game. They can have the big sky six tag all they want

Edited by foxes_rule1978

19 hours ago, Zear0 said:

"Coming to a club like Tottenham is a bigger club in stature than Leicester, and I absolutely loved my time there, but the scrutiny, the pressure, the responsibility goes up a notch when you come to one of these bigger clubs. I love that and thrive off that".

Not sure it was particularly salty tbh.

bigger club with no trophies

22 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Maddison tried more than anyone. Yet gets slated. 

Barnes walked around abit and everyone hopes he's amazing for Newcastle. 

Don't get it. 

It's bizzare.

Maddison scored 10 goals, and got 9 assists, for us last season in a relegated team. Criticised.

Iheanacho, an actual striker, contributed so much less. Loved.

• Like 2

Madders dropped off massively after the mid-season World Cup break. The more I look back at it, the more I think we knew we were in deep doodoo before that season even started. Kasper ghosting out seemed a significant moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It's bizzare.

Maddison scored 10 goals, and got 9 assists, for us last season in a relegated team. Criticised.

Iheanacho, an actual striker, contributed so much less. Loved.

Hard to contribute when you're left to rot on the bench. Iheanacho led the team in goals + assists per 90 last season. 

We also don't win the FA Cup for the first time in our history without Iheanacho's goals, whereas Maddison only started 1 game in our cup run and played less total minutes than 15 other players.

I'll be remembering Nacho (and Tielemans for that matter) fondly, long after I've forgotten about Maddison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharpylcfc said:

I seen the other day about Newcastle considering legal action on what basis though cause surely Milan had no idea about Tonali?

Of course they did, they couldn't sell him quick enough. However, it's Newcastle's fault for not doing due diligence. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Of course they did, they couldn't sell him quick enough. However, it's Newcastle's fault for not doing due diligence. 

With history of the Italian league and match fixing and the fact Tonali was betting on his own team games and if they did know wouldn't that be like match fixing in some way? You would think teams would look into everything when making a signing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

With history of the Italian league and match fixing and the fact Tonali was betting on his own team games and if they did know wouldn't that be like match fixing in some way? You would think teams would look into everything when making a signing.

He’s a lucky boy, betting on your own team IS tantamount to match fixing!

Is defending a dying part of the game?  Teams playing loose football and not caring about the back line appear to be getting rewarded. 

Spurs, villa and brighton the obvious ones that appear to be focusing on scoring goals and not too concerned about keeping things tight. But even man city, liverpool and arsenal seem to be fine with allowing holes in the back line.  

Newcastle seem to be the only successful team that are still building off of a solid defensive line. 

Enzos system is similar imo, we just aren’t conceding many due to having so much of the ball and pressure but there are still visible gaps that we are happy to have in order to allow us an extra player forwards. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Why is Tonali being sympathised with so much yet Toney has had no public support. Howe parading him around the pitch the other day is mental. 

Brentford should have just owned it in the same way as Newcastle did. Think the footballing world has a lot of sympathy for Toney considering hypocritical ban due to the amount of influence and money gambling have in football.

Edited by Nalis