Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It was never meant to be used to pick through every goal with a fine toothed comb. They've gone mad with it

Yeah it’s stupid even the simple decisions take about 5 mins as well when everyone can see the right decision in a few seconds 

No available angle for VAR to determine the offside or not. 

I was a massive proponent of VAR for a while but even I think they're just taking the piss this season and making it up as they go along. 

It's just too difficult for officials to find consistency any more. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I was a massive proponent of VAR for a while but even I think they're just taking the piss this season and making it up as they go along. 

Seems to me less decisions are being changed now .

Are the VAR refs just getting too lazy and agreeing with the on pitch guy ?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I saw an example of being used in France recently where it showed what the VAR man said to the ref and you could hear what the ref was saying. It was deployed exactly as intended and corrected an incorrect decision for a pen.

It's all about implementation and unfortunately we have made an absolute arse of it here.

• Like 2

Just now, Super_horns said:

Seems to me less decisions are being changed now .

Are the VAR refs just getting too lazy and agreeing with the on pitch guy ?

It's "clear and obvious" ironically making the onfield decisions less clear and less obvious. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just like last week, Baldock is going to ground before there's any contact, if there even was any which is incidental at worst. 

There were 3 VAR checks for penalties against us in that second half. All for absolutely nothing. 

You only think thats a pen if you've never played football or you were a forward and still biased

100% manufactured that lol

• Like 1