Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Is it though? Really? 

Was a proper Fergie/Jose type rant!

But he he actually call out or abuse somebody calling them a cheat for example?

He just saying how embarrassing it was etc. 

I presume Arteta was trying to say that decision was the worse he had been involved in  during  20 years of being here 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It is from his position, yes. Fans will always be partisan but if managers continually keep using the extreme language about officiating, it will erode at the overall feeling towards them. Won’t be far away from a ref strike or similar if it continues 

What he said isn't even remotely offensive. Give over. 

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Was a proper Fergie/Jose type rant!

But he he actually call out or abuse somebody calling them a cheat for example?

He just saying how embarrassing it was etc. 

I presume Arteta was trying to say that decision was the worse he had been involved in  during  20 years of being here 

Endless hyperbole about manager's/officials. It's somebody very invested in a sports match airing thoughts on the game, which are not offensive in any way. Officials have to know that scrutiny like this will come when they've nurtured a system that effectively creates controversy consistently. Everyone just needs to wipe their mouth and stop being desperate to get offended by it. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

The Premier League is ****ing shit. I’m so sick of hearing about VAR and crybaby managers. 

It is so draining as an experience. Genuinely think we needed a break from it as supporters.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The Newcastle one is clearer than that Japan one. The 3rd frame/still shows part of the ball on the line. 

I haven't seen any clear angle to say the ball yesterday was on the line. 

There’s a Birds Eye view camera angle that was eventually used in the World Cup to decide the ball had not gone over the line.

the outter diameter of the ball looks bigger this way.

not sure where the camera is at st James park but maybe it’s the flyover ones on suspended cables? Anyway they didn’t have that which Would have made the call 100% conclusive. Very tricky imo

49 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It is from his position, yes. Fans will always be partisan but if managers continually keep using the extreme language about officiating, it will erode at the overall feeling towards them. Won’t be far away from a ref strike or similar if it continues 

Sorry, but that's just nonsense.  Extreme language, ref strikes, I don't think so.  Most managers, just like most fans don't have a lot of confidence in how VAR is being used/managed.  There are too many mistakes and it's sucking the enjoyment out of football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I can't really see how the refs have a reason to strike. Until there is some accountability they deserve whatever they get. VAR should be suspended until they figure a system to make it work. Humans make mistakes but it's less possible to understand a number of people watching TV all getting it wrong, if a decision is not clear they should stick to the original decision.

21 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I can't really see how the refs have a reason to strike. Until there is some accountability they deserve whatever they get. VAR should be suspended until they figure a system to make it work. Humans make mistakes but it's less possible to understand a number of people watching TV all getting it wrong, if a decision is not clear they should stick to the original decision.

I guess it’s not an obvious error to them ?

3 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Think I have changed my mind on this decision.  Just saw this posted on an Arsenal website.  Looks fairly conclusive . Yet they did not have the camera angles to show the pictures on Sky TV!  I can well  understand why managers get pissed off. 

IMG0982.jpeg

That’s the worst angle to make any judgement on and shouldn’t be used in any argument at all. I presume they don’t have an image from above the ball or directly to the side, so just went with the Lino’s call? If they don’t have the correct equipment to check, they shouldn’t pretend they are checking at all.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

The only solace is it's nearly impossible for them to drop this season so the luck is wasted (in fairness they've been the better side here). 13 points already so only need another 17 this season.

They'll run out of luck eventually and drop like a stone. Horrific footballing side and no recruitment policy beyond buying anyone who'll go. They remind me a lot of Stoke and I suspect they'll be like Stoke when they drop again. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

They'll run out of luck eventually and drop like a stone. Horrific footballing side and no recruitment policy beyond buying anyone who'll go. They remind me a lot of Stoke and I suspect they'll be like Stoke when they drop again. 

Good call. The football they play is very  Pulis.