Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Top class interview by Ange there. Do like him. Arteta take note.

Absolutely fair play to the bloke “ even if we go down to 5 we will give it a crack” 🤣🤣🤣 as much as I hate spurs they are going to be one of the best teams to watch this season 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Absolutely fair play to the bloke “ even if we go down to 5 we will give it a crack” 🤣🤣🤣 as much as I hate spurs they are going to be one of the best teams to watch this season 

Even though his high line D with 9 men decision looked brave, it was a bad one imo. Chelsea was already exposing Spurs defensive line in the 1st half under 11vs11 utilising their pace. A 9 men behind the ball with a compact low block inside and outside the box would have been a more optimal approach/tactic. Sterling and Mudryk are awful when it comes down to final third decisions and passing. Ange needed to slow down the game. He did the exact opposite. 

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Even though his high line D with 9 men decision looked brave, it was a bad one imo. Chelsea was already exposing Spurs defensive line in the 1st half under 11vs11 utilising their pace. A 9 men behind the ball with a compact low block inside and outside the box would have been a more optimal approach/tactic. Sterling and Mudryk are awful when it comes down to final third decisions and passing. Ange needed to slow down the game. He did the exact opposite. 

Eeewwww...Low block...there's that phrase again. Really don't like it. It's too American sounding.

Sorry a middle of the night, a 'I can't get back to sleep' moan. 

As you were. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

Lets hope it's the start of a lovely collapse to their season....please!!

Doesn’t matter when it happens because it always happens.

🎵Spurs, Spurs are falling apart again🎶

• Like 1

Honestly that was the most invested in a PL game I've been in a long, long time.

It was chaotic, tetchy, controversial, atmospheric, dramatic and genuinely enthralling.

I loved it. I still detest VAR but in the very rare, rare circumstances there are games like that when it makes the game pure theatre.

Was tremendous

26 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Honestly that was the most invested in a PL game I've been in a long, long time.

It was chaotic, tetchy, controversial, atmospheric, dramatic and genuinely enthralling.

I loved it. I still detest VAR but in the very rare, rare circumstances there are games like that when it makes the game pure theatre.

Was tremendous

I think var only made one decision last night which was the pen and sending off. All the other checks were left with the onfield call 

So we had 20 mins added on for one overturn.  it was fine for us who had no dog in the fight but for those at the stadium it’s shite 

and the first half of 57 mins had the ball in play for just 23! 

10 hours ago, Raj said:

Any highlights available for yesterdays spurs v chelski game pls?

You can watch the full match on the Chelsea website, don't even have to register or anything

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/video/full-match-tottenham-1-4-chelsea-06-11-2023

Why can't all clubs do this? Less than 24 hours after the game the whole thing is free to watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Why is everyone loving this defending with 9 men 😂 Man City or anyone else half decent would have put another 4 or 5 past them yesterday defending like this 

A881508C-4356-4409-AFBB-119055150817.jpeg

Because the majority of people have no clue about anything in life and they're on a social media auto pilot jumping into any bandwagon presented to them. 

This tactic was ridiculous and completely wrong. It might have been more effective if the old offside rule was still in place (1st phase offside rule for the goal scorer). Spurs are lucky this one ended only 1-4. Even against Wrexham it would have been 1-9 and it would have been double digits against Man City unless the opposition went into fair play mode. 

If I were Chelsea's chairman Pochettino would have been out of the team after the final whistle and Sterling in the transfer list. 

And I'm going to play FM 24 tonight because I feel wiser. 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I wonder if they could perhaps use some modern technology that would remind the VAR ref what he's supposed to be doing.  Some way that he can make a list of the four things so he can tick them off as they are checked.

Something like a pencil and paper, perhaps.  :rolleyes:

VAR didn't get the wrong result in this case, but the process is a shambles.