Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Honestly is this some sort of joke? Does the VAR guy even watch the game in real time, or is he one of those security men you see in  TV comedy/dramas that glance at the monitors every once in a while and miss the 'break in'. Hard to believe they have 89 camera angles and still can't see if a ball went out of play!

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm sorry but there's no way that can be real! lol lol lol

I wouldn't trust the guys in this audio to make me a coffee if they worked at Costa. 

For what it's worth I actually think they stumbled to the correct decision but the incompetence of that process is staggering 

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I wouldn't trust the guys in this audio to make me a coffee if they worked at Costa. 

For what it's worth I actually think they stumbled to the correct decision but the incompetence of that process is staggering 

It quite clearly isn’t the recording from the match officials lol

The accents are way off :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because the majority of people have no clue about anything in life and they're on a social media auto pilot jumping into any bandwagon presented to them. 

This tactic was ridiculous and completely wrong. It might have been more effective if the old offside rule was still in place (1st phase offside rule for the goal scorer). Spurs are lucky this one ended only 1-4. Even against Wrexham it would have been 1-9 and it would have been double digits against Man City unless the opposition went into fair play mode. 

If I were Chelsea's chairman Pochettino would have been out of the team after the final whistle and Sterling in the transfer list. 

And I'm going to play FM 24 tonight because I feel wiser. 😜

It just crazy if that was Man Utd or even Chelsea doing that kind of defending ten hag and poch would have been driven out of England by the fans. But because he is a nice guy and says mate a lot everyone loves it 😂 I get you wanna play decent football but have some common sense you can’t play like that with 9 men . Hopefully have a few more losses now see how much the fans really enjoy him losing by playing on the half way line 

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Honestly is this some sort of joke? Does the VAR guy even watch the game in real time, or is he one of those security men you see in  TV comedy/dramas that glance at the monitors every once in a while and miss the 'break in'. Hard to believe they have 89 camera angles and still can't see if a ball went out of play!

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Of course it’s fake .

Bit like Arteta demanding all clubs get together to get rid of VAR weeks after saying they have to accept officials make bad decisions (a much worse one in the case he was talking about !) 

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Of course it’s fake .

Bit like Arteta demanding all clubs get together to get rid of VAR weeks after saying they have to accept officials make bad decisions (a much worse one in the case he was talking about !) 

Arteta is getting torn apart for this but immediately after the Liverpool game he came out in support of them getting a resolution they deserved and called it out as being a bad. The mistake quote is over a week later and snipped from a larger quote and is being taken out of context when people are using it in reference to this.

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Arteta is getting torn apart for this but immediately after the Liverpool game he came out in support of them getting a resolution they deserved and called it out as being a bad. The mistake quote is over a week later and snipped from a larger quote and is being taken out of context when people are using it in reference to this.

Ok fair enough 

I guess that is the trouble with the media now .

You can say a lot but they only take out certain parts .

4 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

It obviously isn’t real ahahahaha

6 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I see Southgate has thrown Reece James under the bus for refusing a call up. 

The man can barely stay fit when playing sporadically, why the hell would you call him up after 2 partial games.

He’s not really thrown him under the bus though, has he? 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Not at all a lover of Neil Warnock but his tweet 8th nov is spot on about var.

(sorry I don't know how to share it here. Perhaps someone can do it)

Premier League R.I.P.

Good points for the first 2 although some will say they don’t let the on pitch ref have a look enough .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Every year 😂

2 Spurs fans at work who are constantly waxing lyrical about Madders. I had to explain there are 2 issues:

• He's made of glass. That injury is coming.
  • When things aren't working out, he can be a completely plonker on social media.  When there is an inevitable drop in form, that stupid twitter post is coming.

Rumours he might be out for a little while. He tends to come back from injury and struggle. Be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Not at all a lover of Neil Warnock but his tweet 8th nov is spot on about var.

(sorry I don't know how to share it here. Perhaps someone can do it)

Premier League R.I.P.

Aside from Warnock was one of the biggest moaners we've seen in the leagues. If var decisions went his way it'd be different.

Referees have always been unacountable and he's been someone that's constantly said this.

I prefer to listen to some like Postecoglou at Spurs who seems to take every decision at face value, even if it's two men getting sent off in a game.

• Like 1

I'll never understand why the moment of joy scoring a goal is more important than the goal being legit. Best example I can think of in relation to us is Chilwell's late equaliser in the cup final. I doubt any of us felt sorry for him or their fans for having to "uncelebrate a goal" that was correctly ruled out. But when we're a neutral to the situation people seem to be more sympathetic? On the whole I'm certain I'm in the minority here lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from Warnock was one of the biggest moaners we've seen in the leagues. If var decisions went his way it'd be different.

You are totally correct. But he's not saying this as a manager or talking about his club.

It's his personal point of view about the premier league. As I said I have no love for him, he's a manager version of Robbie Savage or cvnt for short.

But I think he's summed up var correctly and the state it's put the prem into. How many on here have said they are enjoying being at game in the championship to the prem because of var.