Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine having an entire career without winning a major trophy. Imagine being asked by your son "you were all time leading goal scorer dad, but did you ever win a trophy in your career"

Alan Shearer least can say he's won a premier league winners medal.

Who is the best ever player never to win a major honour I wonder ?

8 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Any sensible club after he had such an injury with us, would have waited to see how he got on with us first and assessed from there before throwing that much away

Rumour at the time was Boelhy insisted on a medical in the US because they wanted to ignore another doc’s assessment on his knee 

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Via the Chelsea forum, Fofana made his instagram private and his wife apparently deleted all pictures of them together before eventually making her account private also.

Seems its all kicking off for him.....shame

Remember when the camera panned to the two of them smirking when he wanted out?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Rumour at the time was Boelhy insisted on a medical in the US because they wanted to ignore another doc’s assessment on his knee 

They can ignore a medical regardless, it's only a recommendation. Most clubs with sensible owners would usually negate the negatives as much as they can through the commercials in their contract.

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine having an entire career without winning a major trophy. Imagine being asked by your son "you were all time leading goal scorer dad, but did you ever win a trophy in your career"

Oh . So now we’re saying winning the Audi Cup in 2019 doesn’t count as a major trophy win . 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I dunno, 
TBF....I went my entire career and couldnt tell my child that i even played premier league. lol (we did win the Sunday Div 1 championship twice and the federation cup once though lollol )

Of course everyone wants to win things, but being your countries top goal scorer, your clubs best player for years, to be a part of one of the best teams in the country and to regualarly play on the world stage would be enough for me. 

If i were Barnes or KDH who (im led to believe?) were Leicester fans as children.... I would be happy to play my entire career with City even if it didnt lead to being FA cup or League champions.

I see the joy of being a one club player and being virtually worshipped as probably enough. (oh and the millions of $$$$$$$$$$)

• Like 1

It's very easy to supportive of something and tell the world how much you care about something when you don't have to make a sacrifice and it makes you look good.

It's always fun seeing the mental gymnastics when people actually have to back up their words with action though :D 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 22:14, tom27111 said:

Off the top of my head, modern English game, probably Le Tissier?

Kane would surpass him though.

Now has the honour of chief tin foil hat wearer

Edited by Tuna

On 19/07/2023 at 21:58, Super_horns said:

Mitrovic wants out according to Sky.

Another Saudi bound player?

Also offering Silva a £40M deal, again according to sky. 

A meltdown has started in the Fulham supporting side of our house. I've sympathetically pointed out that managers are poached or sacked, it's not that you're special lol

*Obviously, I'm not at all still bitter about last seasons results! 

Edited by FoyleFox

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Possible Fulham could be relegation contenders, manager linked away and there main striker linked away.

Infuriating result against them. They’re just not a Premier League club in my view.