Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Poor madders it was inevitable wasn’t it?

he was on such a good run with spuds. With us it was his hip issues. This time he’s messed his ankle up. That’s a long time out injured. Spuds are gonna lose their momentum now without these key players.

can’t say we didn’t warn about madders fragility. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It's not the goal being ruled out that's the problem.

It's the fact that it's on the majority of people's minds and takes away from the elation of scoring because for every goal you're thinking "what are they gonna find to disallow this goal?".

In the championship, we can just look at the ref and the lino and you know it's a goal. It's beautiful 

So when you go home and find later on that we lost to a goal that shouldn't have been allowed, your overriding thought is "atleast the opposition players and their fans got to enjoy the moment" and not "that goal should never have stood"?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

So when you go home and find later on that we lost to a goal that shouldn't have been allowed, your overriding thought is "atleast the opposition players and their fans got to enjoy the moment" and not "that goal should never have stood"?

If it worked perfectly then that's a fair point.

I suppose the current situation is:

Keep VAR even though it is very broken, fundamentally unfair because there is no consistency and accept it totally kills the joy of a goal, with the positive being it can correct some mistakes.

Bin off VAR even though that means obvious mistakes won't be corrected but at least it's 'fair' in that every decision remains as is.

I also think it's contributed to even worse officiating as the on field officials have fewer decisions to make but they're also being second guessed every time.

I think Jill Scott put it best when she said that it was meant to reduce the amount of controversy and time we spent debating decisions yet it's made that side of the game even worse.

If the governance around it was excellent then keeping VAR is a no brainer but in it's current state it's utterly broken.

25 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

If it worked perfectly then that's a fair point.

I suppose the current situation is:

Keep VAR even though it is very broken, fundamentally unfair because there is no consistency and accept it totally kills the joy of a goal, with the positive being it can correct some mistakes.

Bin off VAR even though that means obvious mistakes won't be corrected but at least it's 'fair' in that every decision remains as is.

I also think it's contributed to even worse officiating as the on field officials have fewer decisions to make but they're also being second guessed every time.

I think Jill Scott put it best when she said that it was meant to reduce the amount of controversy and time we spent debating decisions yet it's made that side of the game even worse.

If the governance around it was excellent then keeping VAR is a no brainer but in it's current state it's utterly broken.

Yeah I can't defend VAR right now as it should really be near to 100% perfect, especially for things such as offside. Things like the Havertz tackle last week is always going to be inconsistent as it's a unique event as doesn't have an answer in the rulebook. 

12 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Yeah I can't defend VAR right now as it should really be near to 100% perfect, especially for things such as offside. Things like the Havertz tackle last week is always going to be inconsistent as it's a unique event as doesn't have an answer in the rulebook. 

Too many subjective decisions really for it to be perfection.

Just needs to be used for factual things. 

Or make all handballs penalties (they won't obviously) rather than have one given in x game but not in y game.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stinkenzo said:

Probably not those exact words but yeah. I absolutely value the game being a more enjoyable spectacles over one off incidents going in my teams favour.

The reason I fell in love with football was moments like that. Id much rather retain that and accept that sometimes there will be incorrect decisions.

Waiting 3 or 4 minutes while some norris is obsessing over every possible way they can rule a goal out isnt my idea of fun.

I do see your point of view though bud, I just am of a totally different mindset I think.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Probably not those exact words but yeah. I absolutely value the game being a more enjoyable spectacles over one off incidents going in my teams favour.

The reason I fell in love with football was moments like that. Id much rather retain that and accept that sometimes there will be incorrect decisions.

Waiting 3 or 4 minutes while some norris is obsessing over every possible way they can rule a goal out isnt my idea of fun.

I do see your point of view though bud, I just am of a totally different mindset I think.

Also pre VAR I can’t remember getting home and being sad that an opposition scored a goal that should’ve been ruled out. Just didn’t cross my mind as human error happens. It’s way more annoying now with VAR and they still get things wrong so nothing has improved. Only the actual match day experience has worsened massively. They should’ve sacked VAR off after our FA cup win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Also pre VAR I can’t remember getting home and being sad that an opposition scored a goal that should’ve been ruled out. Just didn’t cross my mind as human error happens. It’s way more annoying now with VAR and they still get things wrong so nothing has improved. Only the actual match day experience has worsened massively. They should’ve sacked VAR off after our FA cup win.

Maybe  not fans so much but Sky etc and managers would be right onto any really poor error after a game although I guess it doesn't matter either way what you have as human errors will happen.

Semi automated offside might help with offside rather than everyone standing there for x period of time wondering if a line will be drawn right or not. 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

So that’s madders and the new cb out until the new year richarlson for a month and no Romero for 3 games. Could be a tough couple of months for them. Wouldn’t mind wolves picking up a win tomorrow .

It’s about to get even worse with Ndombele getting his loan cancelled and being dumped back on them 

30 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Evans had enough of Utd already then this few weeks will be until his contract ends 😂

B9E72B4B-F5A3-4B5F-A3AC-1C1139A8C6F0.jpeg

Good luck to them finding a decent CB in January. There are no quality CBs in the market. Varane has major problems with ETH and rightfully so as he was picking Evans in front of him which I find extremely bizarre. ETH is like BR, very stubborn without a proper reason. 

Spurs 1-0 up, some players are brain dead especially defenders, 2 players marking a single one on the edge of the box. 

22 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Poor madders it was inevitable wasn’t it?

he was on such a good run with spuds. With us it was his hip issues. This time he’s messed his ankle up. That’s a long time out injured. Spuds are gonna lose their momentum now without these key players.

can’t say we didn’t warn about madders fragility. 

O dear, I'm gutted for them 😂