Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I love how this is an issue to some people 

Just do refereeing by AI at this rate, honestly. Unless of course we have two systems and they call each other "arty" and "telly."

God forbid referees have such good relations they can use nicknames.

Still, stokes up the next refereeing-based debate doesn't it. Their analytics will know what gets the engagement.

• Like 2

On 15/11/2023 at 18:22, UniFox21 said:

Don’t get it either. How many of us at work call each other by a nickname and call each other mate. 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 18:22, UniFox21 said:

He sounds like the type of weirdo who gets pissed off at received thanks emails as they'll 'clog up his inbox'

Edited by Nalis

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

image.png.f5a7e2bd0490bf911607798b4f0bcf26.png

x115 for Man City though ah? 

Can't damage the "EPL brand" now.

Pretty much, that's why I posted about wanting Everton to stay up.

If you're part of the PL branch (aka top 6) you get away with it.

Man City are cheats to me. Not that I've ever took them seriously.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Baffling to me any Leicester fan can hold this opinion. 

Baffling. All baffling to me.

Such a mentality, oh we'd have stayed up. So we'd have stayed up because Everton got a points deduction. We deserved to go down.

On a more serious note I didn't even been read into it all, don't know all the ins and outs, but don't understand how it's fair that Everton get done yet for the top 4 it's all brused under the carpet.

Anyway we are playing better football now, I enjoy going to games more than last season, and will hopefully go up and be in the same league (or the division above) next season. I'd rather that then stay up "because Everton cheated" and be stuck with another year of hoping for PL survival with Rodgers. At the end of the day, if we beat them at home under Smith then we stay up regardless.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Baffling to me any Leicester fan can hold this opinion. 

Exactly. They stayed up at our expense because they broke the rules, and the consequences are bigger for us than they are for them, so far. 

Also, chances are that if we were in the Premier League, we could be just as bad as last season and still stay up, due to how bad the promoted sides are.

Edited by pmcla26

Soapbox time. Sorry in advance. TLDR: Man City bad, Everton worse. 

Something people need to remember about FFP is that it's poorly named twice over. 

Not only is it hilariously unfair in that it protects only the traditionally wealthy clubs, it's actual purpose and justification wasn't ever about fairness, the original justifications were about sustainability. 

The reason that the rules are based around spend vs sustainable income is that the point of FFP (the supposed real one, not the bit about protecting United and Liverpool) is supposed to protect fans and communities from losing their clubs because of mistreatment from reckless and irresponsible owners following in the wake of fvck ups like Portsmouth. 

This is where the distinction between Everton and Man City is important and why you should be madder about Everton than Manchester City if you give any fvcks at all about football fans and local communities in this country. 

I hate lots of things about Manchester City, not least I hate that we shamefully allow Absolute Monarchies to own British football clubs. No developed, civilised western society should ever allow that. It's vile. But 99% of Premier League titles since the inception of the league have been "bought", I couldn't give a fvck about. 

What I do care about is football clubs not going out of business. Manchester City might be the Evil Empire of football and you are well and truly entitled to hate them for it but you also should respect how incredibly well run they are. From top to bottom they are run by shrewd business geniuses, they make intelligent business decisions, they make intelligent footballing decisions, they are probably the best run football club on the planet. For the Nth season in a row they've just posted record profits whilst absolutely dominating on the pitch whilst their youth systems kick out a production line of superb talent to be sold off roundthe world for revenue. 

They're the epitome of the wrongs of modern football, yes, but they're also intensely secure. The city of Manchester and the fans of its blue half are in absolutely no risk of losing their football club, it's a paragon of good practice. 

Meanwhile, the blue half of Merseyside is possibly the biggest dumpster fire in English football. They spend like they're Manchester United, with none of the commercial revenue to back it up, they've posted record losses year after year after year, they've spent miles outside their means trying to buy big name players for ridiculous fees and wages all constantly piling on risk. Then, with all of this shit storm swirling around them, they've decided a smart answer is to copy Spurs in spending like half a billion or whatever on a luxury, designer giga stadium as if they're Champions of Europe. 

What the actual fvck is that? They're an absolute disaster waiting to happen and if they're allowed to continue unchecked then one of the most prestigious and ancient clubs, not just in English football, globally will circle and fall down the drain. 

Anyone claiming to love the English game, it's traditions, it's values, it's supporters, etc, should give a LOT of fvcks about that and how poorly Everton are run as a business. Their owners need a serious reality check to be held accountable for how much of a fvcking disaster they are and that's without going anywhere near my bitterness for our relegation. 

Seriously. 

Look, in a perfect world we'd have a complete revolution of top tier European football, the money would all fvck off, we'd have sensible spending caps and wage budgets and ethical owners owning ethically run teams. I get it, believe me I want that. But in the current context? What we have now? If Man City don't win the league then United or Liverpool or Chelsea will just buy it anyway, I don't give a fvck. Let's not pretend Man City are any threat to sporting integrity in that division. But Everton? Everton are a problem that seriously need solving. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

can’t help but think if they weren’t already way clear of the relegation clubs this wouldn’t have happened.

Premier league just trying to keep the relegation fight interesting for a few more weeks 😂

100% IMO, if the bottom 3 were any good they wouldn’t have gotten a 10 point deduction, corrupt bastards.