Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

48 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Everton will probably stay up anyway. Teams around them are awful. 

Isn't it irrelevant though? They have a certain disciplinary action against them and as it stands they are bottom of the table alongside Burnley. Their team is quite weak also. In addition, their players will feel more pressure and teams around them gain some hope of survival. 

I understand they have more chances staying up because there are 3 teams there which are worse but there's another status now within the league. 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Imagine if Chelsea got a 30 point deduction they would probably go down , Man City would probably still qualify for Europe 🙈

42E34CDF-C0D7-41AF-BB39-B4525CF1F4EB.jpeg

30 points deduction theres no coming back. Top lawyers wil look after Chelsea and City itll be minimal punishment 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Imagine if Chelsea got a 30 point deduction they would probably go down , Man City would probably still qualify for Europe 🙈

42E34CDF-C0D7-41AF-BB39-B4525CF1F4EB.jpeg

So Man City will win the league, be relegated, but probably be allowed to play in the Champions League. That'd open up a whole can of legal worms.

All the players would stay, they'd win the Championship, plus probably a domestic trophy and potentially the Champions League.

It isn't a punishment. 

A five year ban from the Premier League and Uefa competitions would be punishment, otherwise, literally nothing changes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

I know I'm biased but a ten point deduction the following season is hardly an incentive not to break FFP.

This is the standard now. Might aswell lie, cheat and steal it will likely keep you in the epl.

They are not shit enough this season to go down only because the promoted clubs being so pathetic.

They dodged a bullet. Should shut their mouths, accept the punishment and move on. They got a steal here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

This is the standard now. Might aswell lie, cheat and steal it will likely keep you in the epl.

They are not shit enough this season to go down only because the promoted clubs being so pathetic.

They dodged a bullet. Should shut their mouths, accept the punishment and move on. They got a steal here.

I've literally just said the same in another thread.

I wouldn't even appeal and risk a fine.

Just thank your lucky stars you got the deduction when the weakest teams in the history of the league are all there at once. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've literally just said the same in another thread.

I wouldn't even appeal and risk a fine.

Just thank your lucky stars you got the deduction when the weakest teams in the history of the league are all there at once. 

Watch the cvnts get it reduced to 7 points and be out of the relegation zone LMFAO

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I hate so much that it's happened now.

I dont care how much mental gymnastics people want to do, they robbed us. 

And to make it worse then get their points deduction not only the season after but in a season where the bottom three are so fvcking terrible they'll probably still survive it. 

I don’t buy this argument, how we can put anything on anybody last season is beyond me. We did it to ourselves, what’s with this victim mentality. Also we literally got found guilty of breaching FFP the season we won the championship to begin with and our only punishment was a fine like two years after the fact. Weren’t a big reason why this has only come about now was because they lodged an appeal last season which I mean they’re entitled to do.

• Like 2

What is going to be really annoying is listen to Everton fans and the media go on about how they managed to scrape survival after the deduction even though they have only been 2 points behind Luton mid November and what am amazing spirit they have or some bulls*** dock them another 20 just for fun so can watch them really cry 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

If either Chelsea and Man City get automatically relegated (I can't see myself) it makes it even more imperative to get promoted this season. 

If the appropriate action was taken....about 10 clubs will be promoted this year lol

On 17/11/2023 at 13:16, Finnegan said:

Soapbox time. Sorry in advance. TLDR: Man City bad, Everton worse. 

Something people need to remember about FFP is that it's poorly named twice over. 

Not only is it hilariously unfair in that it protects only the traditionally wealthy clubs, it's actual purpose and justification wasn't ever about fairness, the original justifications were about sustainability. 

The reason that the rules are based around spend vs sustainable income is that the point of FFP (the supposed real one, not the bit about protecting United and Liverpool) is supposed to protect fans and communities from losing their clubs because of mistreatment from reckless and irresponsible owners following in the wake of fvck ups like Portsmouth. 

This is where the distinction between Everton and Man City is important and why you should be madder about Everton than Manchester City if you give any fvcks at all about football fans and local communities in this country. 

I hate lots of things about Manchester City, not least I hate that we shamefully allow Absolute Monarchies to own British football clubs. No developed, civilised western society should ever allow that. It's vile. But 99% of Premier League titles since the inception of the league have been "bought", I couldn't give a fvck about. 

What I do care about is football clubs not going out of business. Manchester City might be the Evil Empire of football and you are well and truly entitled to hate them for it but you also should respect how incredibly well run they are. From top to bottom they are run by shrewd business geniuses, they make intelligent business decisions, they make intelligent footballing decisions, they are probably the best run football club on the planet. For the Nth season in a row they've just posted record profits whilst absolutely dominating on the pitch whilst their youth systems kick out a production line of superb talent to be sold off roundthe world for revenue. 

They're the epitome of the wrongs of modern football, yes, but they're also intensely secure. The city of Manchester and the fans of its blue half are in absolutely no risk of losing their football club, it's a paragon of good practice. 

Meanwhile, the blue half of Merseyside is possibly the biggest dumpster fire in English football. They spend like they're Manchester United, with none of the commercial revenue to back it up, they've posted record losses year after year after year, they've spent miles outside their means trying to buy big name players for ridiculous fees and wages all constantly piling on risk. Then, with all of this shit storm swirling around them, they've decided a smart answer is to copy Spurs in spending like half a billion or whatever on a luxury, designer giga stadium as if they're Champions of Europe. 

What the actual fvck is that? They're an absolute disaster waiting to happen and if they're allowed to continue unchecked then one of the most prestigious and ancient clubs, not just in English football, globally will circle and fall down the drain. 

Anyone claiming to love the English game, it's traditions, it's values, it's supporters, etc, should give a LOT of fvcks about that and how poorly Everton are run as a business. Their owners need a serious reality check to be held accountable for how much of a fvcking disaster they are and that's without going anywhere near my bitterness for our relegation. 

Seriously. 

Look, in a perfect world we'd have a complete revolution of top tier European football, the money would all fvck off, we'd have sensible spending caps and wage budgets and ethical owners owning ethically run teams. I get it, believe me I want that. But in the current context? What we have now? If Man City don't win the league then United or Liverpool or Chelsea will just buy it anyway, I don't give a fvck. Let's not pretend Man City are any threat to sporting integrity in that division. But Everton? Everton are a problem that seriously need solving. 

Nope.

I don’t give a flying ****.

The old game, back when players said their favourite car was a Ford Tippex and their best meal was steak, then I could have raised some ****s to give. Terraces and rattles and noise. Now clubs are run as businesses, why is anyone bothering? These clubs are already dead. Soulless, half and half, Michael Owen commentating, prawn sandwiches, £110 shirts bullshit.

People may as well spend £45 to stand outside Next and cheer on their favourite merchandising team:

Oh Carol folds sweaters, and works the cash machiney,

And when she goes off into town, she smashes the Lambrini!

All people do these days is a la recherching all of the temps perdu. You see “one of the most prestigious and ancient clubs”, I see a shite sports Tesco with funny voices charging entrance fees, imposing membership schemes and quadrupling the fair retail price of the clothing made by third world children.

I’ll finish your sentence properly for you: “If you give any fvcks at all about football fans and local communities in this country,” you’d happily watch the whole game burn to the ground. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Nope.

The old game, back when players said their favourite car was a Ford Tippex and their best meal was steak, then I could have raised some ****s to give. Terraces and rattles and noise. Now clubs are run as businesses, why is anyone bothering? These clubs are already dead. Soulless, half and half, Michael Owen commentating, prawn sandwiches, £110 shirts bullshit.

People may as well spend £45 to stand outside Next and cheer on their favourite merchandising team:

All people do these days is a la recherching all of the temps perdu. You see “one of the most prestigious and ancient clubs”, I see a shite sports Tesco with funny voices charging entrance fees, imposing membership schemes and quadrupling the fair retail price of the clothing made by third world children.

I’ll finish your sentence properly for you: “If you give any fvcks at all about football fans and local communities in this country,” you’d happily watch the whole game burn to the ground. 

I feel I covered this, albeit less theatrically, with my last paragraph. 

But if we're expecting people to stop following their clubs, clubs they've followed all their lives, because money has gotten bad in football then I'm baffled that frankly you're STILL watching. 

Ketrin is such an enjoyable experience why can't you tear yourself away from soulless, billionaire owner LCFC? Because you've been preaching about wanting out since Milan Mandaric but you're still watching. 

And that's not an attack or a criticism. I wrestle with the same myself. The money in football is contradictory to every value I hold about the "real world." But I'm still here and I'm here because our clubs matter to us. And as annoying as some of them act on the internet, Everton's matter to them. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I feel I covered this, albeit less theatrically, with my last paragraph. 

But if we're expecting people to stop following their clubs, clubs they've followed all their lives, because money has gotten bad in football then I'm baffled that frankly you're STILL watching. 

Ketrin is such an enjoyable experience why can't you tear yourself away from soulless, billionaire owner LCFC? Because you've been preaching about wanting out since Milan Mandaric but you're still watching. 

And that's not an attack or a criticism. I wrestle with the same myself. The money in football is contradictory to every value I hold about the "real world." But I'm still here and I'm here because our clubs matter to us. And as annoying as some of them act on the internet, Everton's matter to them. 

I don’t though, at least I don’t if I have to pay for it. No tickets, no products, no nothing. I’d prefer the club to go bust and have to reform as a fan-owned entity at Step 8 than to compete for Europe again. Once you’ve got shot of an old stadium with terraces it’s like a band hiring a new singer, everyone knows it’s now fake. Stranglers without Hugh Cornwall, Genesis without Peter Gabriel. Companies cosplaying at being community assets.

My club have decided to raise prices in the last 5 consecutive years, amid Covid and Cost Of Living crisis.

As such I rarely go any more other than two or three games per season. The TV bundle I pay Virgin Media for means I get Sky and TNT live games but the rest I stream. 

I usually buy a training polo most seasons if the design is OK, but that's all the merchandise I buy nowadays. 

Clubs have sold their souls for cash and more revenue but squeezing the fans for every penny they can get away wirh is one of the worst things about it. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Nope.

The Ford Tippex was an absolute class car.

The automatic gearbox is only rivalled by the BMW.