Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I reckon Wolves will drop this season. Seem so short on quality

If we didn't have a decent manager in Lopetegui, I'd heartily agree. The noises coming out of the club are depressing. A bit like your summer 12 months ago, we apparently don't have a pot to piss in. 

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Can’t believe Alex Scott went there

He hasn't yet. And likely won't. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

If we didn't have a decent manager in Lopetegui, I'd heartily agree. The noises coming out of the club are depressing. A bit like your summer 12 months ago, we apparently don't have a pot to piss in. 

Lopetegui jumping ship to Saudi? 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

He’s mustard, no offence but deserved a better more than wolves. Thought he’d joined, served me right for listening to that charlatan Fabrizio Romano.

16 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s mustard, no offence but deserved a better more than wolves. Thought he’d joined, served me right for listening to that charlatan Fabrizio Romano.

There was a fake Romano tweet the other day about him joining. You probably got done by that. 

On 18/07/2023 at 20:04, EastAnglianFox said:

Via the Chelsea forum, Fofana made his instagram private and his wife apparently deleted all pictures of them together before eventually making her account private also.

Seems its all kicking off for him.....shame

IMG_7286.jpeg

On 21/07/2023 at 22:11, Super_horns said:

Mbappe put up for sale by PSG.

Madrid most likely destination but will any of the big PL clubs go for him ?

That who scenario just sums up modern football and is embarrassing for both parties. PSG acting like offended little kids that he doesn’t want to stay, they are clearly bitter in their statements. However, they are in their rights to put him for sale.

Then the player himself, ‘I’ll sit out the season on the bench’. Grow up. You want to leave, the club are saying they agree so stop acting like a **** :dunno:

I think Man City will win it again, no one is close to them. 

Arsenal will head up the best of the rest with Chelsea, Man United.

Spurs and Liverpool will follow. 

I think the usual cluster will hover around he periphery of Europe, with Newcastle being the Likely ones to finish just outside the CL places. 

Outside of that, everyone is average to honking. I think Brighton, Villa and Brentford will be the steady eddies, and Burnley and Sheff United will survive but not because they’re good, just because there’s so many crap teams in the premier league. 

It is probably the worst it’s been for a long time in my opinion, there’s some utter garbage in there. 

I think Luton will finish bottom, with Forest joining them. The next team is a toss up between;

Everton

Bournemouth 

Fulham

Sheff United 

Burnley

Wolves 

Those who could get dragged into it;

Brentford

Brighton

It really is wide open besides Man City…. The relegation battle could be really interesting this season. 

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wolves losing a few key players this summer 

If only we could have been in that situation 12 months ago.

I say that genuinely, the narrative was we needed to shift players before buying, key players or not it's a shame they weren't shifted on as they didn't wanna be here.

Edited by Matt
That said, i've just realised Rodgers would have still be here so we'd have only ended up with more shite (probably leaving us in even more of a mess than we are) and it'd have made no different to last seasons outcome. Point null and void.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wolves losing a few key players this summer 

Key players... 😊

Neither were starting games under Lopetegui. Podence got a few goals for us but he's one of the most frustrating players you'll ever watch, capable of 1/10 one week and 8/10 the next.

And I've no idea why Fulham want Jimenez. He's finished unfortunately, certainly at this level. 

Palace have lost Zaha and could be losing Olise as well

Only player they have signed so far is Jefferson Lerma on a free

Don't think they should have carried on with Hodgson even after how he did with them end of last season

Not looking good for them

• Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 10:45, Pliskin said:

I think Man City will win it again, no one is close to them. 

Arsenal will head up the best of the rest with Chelsea, Man United.

Spurs and Liverpool will follow. 

I think the usual cluster will hover around he periphery of Europe, with Newcastle being the Likely ones to finish just outside the CL places. 

Outside of that, everyone is average to honking. I think Brighton, Villa and Brentford will be the steady eddies, and Burnley and Sheff United will survive but not because they’re good, just because there’s so many crap teams in the premier league. 

It is probably the worst it’s been for a long time in my opinion, there’s some utter garbage in there. 

I think Luton will finish bottom, with Forest joining them. The next team is a toss up between;

Everton

Bournemouth 

Fulham

Sheff United 

Burnley

Wolves 

Those who could get dragged into it;

Brentford

Brighton

It really is wide open besides Man City…. The relegation battle could be really interesting this season. 

Forest more likely to be top 8 than relegation candidates with their attacking options. Depressing.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Seeing at the state that Wolves, Everton, Palace etc. are in as well as the quality of the teams coming up, I'm even more annoyed that we went down. Had we stayed up, I think it would have been easier for us this coming season. 

All could have been avoided had we got a manager in who gave a shit sooner.