Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I like how, when they conceded a goal due to poor defence, their fans hold up their "Premier League corrupt" signs as a response to it.

How is the administration of the Premier League and the punishment of financial irregularities ANYTHING to do with the fact that their defence allowed Fernandes the space to assist, and their keeper rushed out and went down early,  allowing Martial to dink it over him?  

That's just being crap at defending, lads. :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I like how, when they conceded a goal due to poor defence, their fans hold up their "Premier League corrupt" signs as a response to it.

How is the administration of the Premier League and the punishment of financial irregularities ANYTHING to do with the fact that their defence allowed Fernandes the space to assist, and their keeper rushed out and went down early,  allowing Martial to dink it over him?  

That's just being crap at defending, lads. :D

I was just thinking, do you reckon this gives the Everton players an excuse to phone it in?

I mean look at us last season, many of our players phoned it in and clearly didn't fancy it, saw it as an easy exit out of the club, that's without a points deduction.

Everton have a point deduction something their players can hide behind and excuse relegation for, even if it's only subconsciously. 

For what it worth I don't believe Dyche would allow that mentality to creep in, he'll be building a siege mentality unlike us last season, but it did make me think.

Everton fans are just Everton fans feeling hard done by and likewise using the deduction as an excuse.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Must be depressing for Everton fans, one place from Bottom with a defence minded manager. Don't think things could sink any lower for the toffees. I bet in some ways the perhaps wished they got relegated last season.

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Doubt it Villa could be in the champions league while United will hope for Europa League at best. Emery for England would be interesting call.

Irrelevant, much bigger club and a huge pay rise 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Does anyone think some Everton fans wished they went down last season, I mean we went down... depressing at the time but we are top of the league in the championship, winning home and away. Some interesting away trips and.... no var! 

I would rather be in our position as a fan who goes to games. Everton fans weeks revolve around what minute they are going to start booing. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I would rather be in our position as a fan who goes to games. Everton fans weeks revolve around what minute they are going to start booing. 

Don't think they'd be any different even in our position.

Just now, Unabomber said:

They’d be booing being top of the league? 

They'd be moaning about something.

Ironic saying that as a Leicester fan because there are people moaning, but as you say they'd be picking a minute to boo about something.

• Like 1