Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

50 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you had to choose one of Everton or Forest to go down who would it be ?

I'd say Everton

Forest all day long. Everton a nice consolation though. I still think both will be okay unfortunately

Edited by HybridFox

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Why not use a Blue background on the poster? 

They've turned Goodison red 

I still don’t get what their argument is? They broke the rules, and after being repeatedly warned about breaking the rules they were given a punishment. What’s the problem?

If it’s just that Man City haven’t been punished, I’m sure 115 charges takes a lot longer to investigate than their one charge. If Man City and perhaps Chelsea also revived their punishment this week, would Everton then accept and move on?

What is it in Liverpool with the whole worlds out to get us? Reminds me of when Suarez was found guilty and banned for racially abusing Evra and the next game the team came out in Suarez shirts like he had died or something- he was a racist **** and correctly banned!  

• Like 2

They all seem to think Chelsea and Man C have got away with it despite no verdict being handed out yet .

I presume Dyche didn’t mind the ref going to the screen and changing his mind the other week when Brighton had a goal ruled out .

Is he trying to say the ref himself doesn’t over turn the decision but VAR tell him to ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67539097

Looked a pretty clear cut foul tbh .

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Why not use a Blue background on the poster? 

They've turned Goodison red 

Everton protest cause they have been caught out lol

Yeah I can understand they are peed of they get punished while likes of Man City and Chelsea get off scot free; but Everton aren't exactly victims lol. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

As others have said, think Everton will possibly get out of it (relegation) by the skin of their teeth - like they have for a few seasons.

They'll likely stay up based on how terrible the promoted teams are. If DCL stays fit they should be fine. Might struggle if he goes down for any length again though. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think sufficient punishment for both chelsea and man city should be 30 point deduction and a two season transfer embargo.

Rangers were demoted to Scottish League 2. There should be no lesser punishment for Man C and Chelsea!

17 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

As much as Everton have stunk the league out for years and yeah have spent to much I just cannot bring myself to say I’d prefer them down than Forest

I just can’t

I can, simply because id like to be in the league and be part of the reason they are going down. 

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Burnley are monitoring Steve Cooper at Forest... talk in the press he's on borrowed time... which is ridiculous considering where he's took Forest. I can imagine soon as Forest make their change Burnley may look at Cooper replacing Kompany.   

I suspect not.  I certainly don't think it would be a good idea to sack Kompany because we have built a squad designed for tippy-tappy and, however bad they are now, any attempt to play a different way would be worse.  

We've taken the lead in 6 out of 13 games so far, which isn't bad.  we've lost the lead in all 6 (though we scored again for our solitary win).  We have two problems - can't score, can't stop the others from scoring.  Hmm.  But if we could get a midfield enforcer and a goalscorer in January, we've still got a chance.

And if we don't, Kompany is clearly the man for the Championship, and he's not going to be poached by a PL club in the near future.  :)