Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Forest are the type of team that will stay up for a few seasons around lower mid table due to the dross around them, eventually flush and not a single neutral will bat an eyelid. Same goes for the likes of Fulham, Palace and Brentford.

Edited by Nalis

https://news.sky.com/story/tottenham-hotspur-owner-joe-lewis-indicted-over-insider-trading-scheme-12927500

The British billionaire owner of Tottenham Hotspur, Joe Lewis has been indicted for orchestrating a "brazen" insider trading scheme, the US attorney in Manhattan has said.

In a video posted on messaging platform X, formerly known as Twitter, Damian Williams said: "Today I'm announcing that my office, the southern district of New York has indicted Joe Lewis, the British billionaire, for orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme.

"We allege that for years Joe Lewis abused access to corporate board rooms and repeatedly provided inside information to his romantic partners, his personal assistants, his pilots and his friends.

"Those folks then traded on that inside information and made millions of dollars on the stock market. Thanks to Lewis those bets were a sure thing.

"None of this was necessary. Joe Lewis is a wealthy man, but as we allege he used insider information to compensate his employees, or to shower gifts on his friends and lovers.

"That's classic corporate corruption. It's cheating and it's against the law."

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

https://news.sky.com/story/tottenham-hotspur-owner-joe-lewis-indicted-over-insider-trading-scheme-12927500

The British billionaire owner of Tottenham Hotspur, Joe Lewis has been indicted for orchestrating a "brazen" insider trading scheme, the US attorney in Manhattan has said.

In a video posted on messaging platform X, formerly known as Twitter, Damian Williams said: "Today I'm announcing that my office, the southern district of New York has indicted Joe Lewis, the British billionaire, for orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme.

"We allege that for years Joe Lewis abused access to corporate board rooms and repeatedly provided inside information to his romantic partners, his personal assistants, his pilots and his friends.

"Those folks then traded on that inside information and made millions of dollars on the stock market. Thanks to Lewis those bets were a sure thing.

"None of this was necessary. Joe Lewis is a wealthy man, but as we allege he used insider information to compensate his employees, or to shower gifts on his friends and lovers.

"That's classic corporate corruption. It's cheating and it's against the law."

Spurs for sale now? Watch another sheikh buy them and ruin it for everyone lol

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

How would this affect the running of the football club ?

Maybe not now but long term if found guilty .

Ie newcastle, man city...along those lines.

Anywhoo, seems like serious charges for lockup. Perhaps a sale could happen?

Were Tottenham the only team in the competition 😁

I swear Tottenham make up competitions every year to make them look good. If they had there way theyd play their full strength in the under 23s in the football league trophy.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 25/07/2023 at 15:40, BenTheFox said:

I'm starting to think that Luton might actually have a chance of staying up, be it a very small one. 

Start well then a lot of neutrals,will follow them,then the Asian interest where new generation will look for something different,

Luton shirts will be see all over Asia..

Brighton pushing their luck with Chelsea on Caicedo rejecting £80m citing the Rice deal & wanting the same money. I doubt Chelsea will return & will move on to other targets leaving a player who despite signing that extension put in a transfer request in January, this is not a win-win for Brighton

This guy has bad PR, understandably so as he isn't Man Utd level, but Maguire is in the £35-40m region. Championship players go for 20m. This is a pisstake by West Ham, especially considering they scammed Arsenal out of £105m.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

This guy has bad PR, understandably so as he isn't Man Utd level, but Maguire is in the £35-40m region. Championship players go for 20m. This is a pisstake by West Ham, especially considering they scammed Arsenal out of £105m.

I'd say thats a fair valuation but given how he has been hung out to dry by united (IMO) why not take a gamble at 20. Work your way up to 35 plus addons lol. Utd needs to take the L and move on. No chance they get 50 mill and above unless a saudi club wants him.

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Greenwood heading back to United apparently.

We all heard those audio recordings, he should never be allowed to play football in this country again.

Seems to have come from Adidas supposedly   approving his return which they have denied .